• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000 Yard hit with a 9mm Handgun.........What do you say?

Well, Id say that he said that its a 9mm not a 357. Still impressive.

Probably slightly less dificult than the 9mm that he actually used.

I think my ignorance has to do with looking to buy a .357....lol. Might as well edit it before the thread turns into "Its' a 9mm, not a .357" thread. Thanks for the heads up guys.

yeah, give a shit , give a shit.

Can you please translate that into something we can understand. If you mean you don't give a shit about it that's fine, but I find it remarkable, and judging the man by his character it happened...

I would guess he shot many many rounds before actually getting a hit. Like a photographer he is only showing what looks good. The 9mm factory ammo In a perfect rifle is not capable of that accuracy. A lot of luck is involved.

I would guess he shot many many rounds before actually getting a hit. Like a photographer he is only showing what looks good. The 9mm factory ammo In a perfect rifle is not capable of that accuracy. A lot of luck is involved.

Either that or he used a ballistic calculator and figured out the angle he needed to point his gun to reach the target then aimed left or right for wind, if any. Need to give the man the benefit of the doubt since he has done some other nice trick shots.

Considering this shot and old Elmer Keith's 600+ yard shots with open sights, it doesn't appear handguns are "across the table" firearms like many folks like to claim. Jerry is a fun guy to watch behind the trigger!

Hell, it probably dropped 4 inches from the front of the balloon to the steel.

I'm thinking maybe one of the bullet fragments hit the balloon after impacting the steel. Hell of a shot either way. I wonder what the drop angle is at that distance...still seemed to be carrying a decent amount of energy.

he never claimed the bullet impacted the balloon, he showed you where it impacted low left, who gives a shit about the balloon, he hit a torso sized plate at 1k with a 9mm, that in itself is awsome enough. Also, he goes on to say he had to aim retardedly high, he shot twice on video, and can hear the spotters calling the impact low, its not rocket science but its still awsome. I think any one of us could do this with some time getting the "dope" down, its not about the shooter here in my opinion, its moreso a testament to the pistol.

he never claimed the bullet impacted the balloon, he showed you where it impacted low left, who gives a shit about the balloon, he hit a torso sized plate at 1k with a 9mm, that in itself is awsome enough. Also, he goes on to say he had to aim retardedly high, he shot twice on video, and can hear the spotters calling the impact low, its not rocket science but its still awsome. I think any one of us could do this with some time getting the "dope" down, its not about the shooter here in my opinion, its moreso a testament to the pistol.

What he said x2! I would hate for jerry to be shooting at me at any range with any gun, including a red rider!!!

Kudos to you vjj on the serious post! Although I always appreciate your not so serious ones! Beers on me all night if we ever cross paths!

I tried this with a 45 and with all angles tried, 550-600yds was as far as it would go. I'll have to try a 9 next time.

I'm awed by the consistency of his hold and his muscle memory. Don't think that a guy like JM would hesitate to put a decent amount of ammo down range, practicing. He's one of those guys. I'd certainly think I was a badass if I could do that shot at will.

I'm awed by the consistency of his hold and his muscle memory. Don't think that a guy like JM would hesitate to put a decent amount of ammo down range, practicing. He's one of those guys. I'd certainly think I was a badass if I could do that shot at will.

Rounds down range by jerry??? He cleans his brass in a cement mixer, what does that tell you? We use a thumbler Jerry uses a cement mixer...

I thought I did pretty good going 5/10 on clay targets at 50yds and 2/10 at 100yds with my 1911. Jerry just put me to shame.

Rounds down range by jerry??? He cleans his brass in a cement mixer, what does that tell you? We use a thumbler Jerry uses a cement mixer...

I'm assuming you are meaning one of the 4 or 5 cubic yard truck mounted mixers. Not the 1/3 yard gas or electric mixers.

you guys should check JM youtube channel if you haven't yet, this 1000yds shot is among lots and lots of awesome feats.
cheers.

I wish I could shoot with a portion of his skill at my next match. Jerry shoots more than the average bear and makes difficult shots look easy. While this was in the less than 1% percent range, i dont think it was staged or faked.

How many key board commandos could best Jerry in a local match?

He's quite a talented shooter and all, but give me enough ammo and video takes and I as well as ANYONE could hit the target EVENTUALLY. That is NOT a skill shot in the least. It's a luck shot pure and simple.

I wonder how much of the dope was dialed into that red dot. Looks like he's holding the dot on the target and the muzzle is pointed way up.