• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6groups, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Re: The AR, 6 groups, 5shots each, 30 round SHOOTOUT!

LOL, I just added some good natured rules to the OP that I'm sure you will all enjoy and even get you all that much more pumped up to post your results.... I'm sure you will especially enjoy rule#15!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I just added some good natured rules to the OP that I'm sure you will all enjoy and even get you all that much more pumped up to post your results.... I'm sure you will especially enjoy rule#15!!! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, I just added a past leaders on the original post. So you are still up on the OP (and always will be) for your hard work!! Get up another target and kick me out of the running will ya! WTG bro!

Elf
</div></div>

Rule #15

Yeah, I surely don't ever expect to shoot six 5 shot sub .5"' groups "all day long".
I shot the .37##" 3 shot group during a load development last week. If, by some miracle, the planets aligning, a Serendipitous session at the range or an act of God, etc., I accomplished that six 5 shot sub .5" grouping I might be hesitant to post that up. I'm not well known here and posting something like that would probably deem me as forum troll, LoL!!!

I'm going to double check that particular load again before I load 30 of them, that's a lot of work in case prep. I have another small test ready just need time to get to the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
15.) THEN you will get the esteemed title of, "This person (your name) shoots .5moa ALL DAY LONG" on the original post!!!! </div></div>

Hey as long as we say "As long as I do my part!" it kinda counts right???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for keeping humor in it. Helps remind people it's all in fun!

Switched scopes and have the ammo loaded up! We shall see if I can take the thrown for Elf......

Hehe, I just think it is somewhat funny when someone with a semi-auto says, "I shoot .5" @ 100yards all day long".... and then I just shake my head laughing inside somewhat. Ahhh yeah, prove it..... Allll day long you say??? Lord, help me.

Is it possible to get .5" or less on all 6groupings in a row???? hell yes!! especially with a bolt action rifle... Is it possible for a gas DI or piston semi-auto? hell yes!!! but it is damn hard!! and if you can, then you and your rifle are damn talented and I'll tip my hat to ya and will buy you a shot! pretty much, in order to have .5" on all 6groupings, each group's bullet holes will need to be touching or damn near to it.

If you can do it, then you will make it in the OP with this title!! Have I done .5" on 6 total groupings in a row? NO!,,,,,,, but I'll tell you this much tho, I'm going to try my damn hardest to get this title, but until then you will find me in my basement checking over every single reload and making sure my rifle is tip top........ Grrrrrrrrr, damn those fliers!!

Elf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
15.) THEN you will get the esteemed title of, "This person (your name) shoots .5moa ALL DAY LONG" on the original post!!!! </div></div>

Hey as long as we say "As long as I do my part!" it kinda counts right???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for keeping humor in it. Helps remind people it's all in fun!

Switched scopes and have the ammo loaded up! We shall see if I can take the thrown for Elf......

</div></div>

Is everyone shooting this going straight threw all 30 shots? Or how much time between targets are you letting you gun cool off?

Another question I had is no one is pulling a bore snake etc threw their barrel after every shot are you ?

Reason I'm wondering is because that would kinda take away from it being a semi auto test all together.

I only have a lot of steel cased cheaper ammo for my P415 and some cheaper brass cased for my 308 but I may try this just for fun and see what kinda results I can post for everyone's viewing pleasure .

It is a semi auto challenge. But it is also a precision challenge.

Semi auto rifle. 100 yards. 30 shots. 6 groups. 5 shots per group.

Beyond that, I say "by hook or by crook..."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is everyone shooting this going straight threw all 30 shots? Or how much time between targets are you letting you gun cool off? (<span style="font-weight: bold">(( 30 shots in a row, can take all day if you want, but must be shot in one day, but I really dont see anyone taking over an hour to do this. I took about 5min between groups)))</span>

Another question I had is no one is pulling a bore snake etc threw their barrel after every shot are you ? <span style="font-weight: bold">(((no i did not, you can if you want to)))</span>

Reason I'm wondering is because that would kinda take away from it being a semi auto test all together. <span style="font-weight: bold">(((no it does not.... gas operated and bolt action are two different animals all together... everything from recoil impulse to the brass being ejected under pressure... two different things all together no matter how much time you take.... well, unless you can shut off your gas block. Also, semi auto's are more known for having "fliers" for some strange a$$ reason)))</span>

I only have a lot of steel cased cheaper ammo for my P415 and some cheaper brass cased for my 308 but I may try this just for fun and see what kinda results I can post for everyone's viewing pleasure . <span style="font-weight: bold">((((just get to shooting will ya!!! JK)))</span> </div></div>

So... What about those adjustable gas blocks...?

some gas operated rifles can shut the gas block off all together so the bolt doesn't cycle after the shot.... this would be somewhat cheating as it pretty much turns off the semi auto nature of the rifle..

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">just be honest people. i've just changed one of the rules to cover this very issue.</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So... What about those adjustable gas blocks...? </div></div>

if you are not used to shooting 5shot groups, then I think you would be surprised with how hard it is to shoot 6 total 5shot groups in under 1" IN A ROW, especially with a semi auto rifle.

yes, anyone can shoot at a single target with 5shots and eventually come up with a killer .5" moa group... after about 300 rounds you might have a nice collection of killer SINGLE target 5shot groups..

it's a whole different story when you need to do that 6 groups in a row on a single target = shows your true tallent / rifle's accuracy.

just keep in mind that accuracy usually goes down once the barrel heats up = reason why i wait about 5 to 10min between group shots... all depends on how long you want to take to shoot all 30rounds in a row,,, but must be shot in one day's time and all 30 bullets in a row.

LOL, I guess you could say if you do make the 6groups at OR under .5" @ 100yards and it takes you all day to do it, then yes!!! you and your rifle can shoot .5" @ 100yards ALL DAY LONG. RFLMAO!!

Wasn't saying you were I was just thinking it kinda takes away the whole reason behind owning a semi auto.

I totally agree with letting the barrel cool between targets if you want tight groups.

I'm just waiting for a calm day and I'll throw some lead for fun and post the results.

Took me about 30 to 45 min to take all 30 shots with about 5min between groups.

I can't wait to see your results brother.

I'm itching to see what some other peps come up with! I might take out my rock river arms .223 tactical operator 2 and see what she can do. My RRA has a nice nikon m-223 3-12 scope on it and is rather accurate for a cromemoly 16" barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kubitza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wasn't saying you were I was just thinking it kinda takes away the whole reason behind owning a semi auto.

I totally agree with letting the barrel cool between targets if you want tight groups.

I'm just waiting for a calm day and I'll throw some lead for fun and post the results.

</div></div>

What kills me on this last 6group / 5shot / 30bullet entry of mine,,,,, is the one group that was at .613......... it only took one bullet out of the 5 to hose me on a possible .23ish bullet in a bullet hole group!!! damn that single bullet!! grrrrrr oh well, better luck next time.

robbedof25group.jpg

FULLTARGET.jpg

tag. will play this weekend...

Will try this weekend as well. Strangly my best shooting rifle is only equipped with iron sights. I will just move the windage/elevation around so I have 6 seperate groups on the same MR-1c target.

Elf you set the bar pretty high with that last one you shot! Maybe more people will post results if you list...maybe the top 10. I tried twice now to beat yours and can not come close. This is HARD guys.

you can still post your results... post them brother.

Yes, it is very hard... only takes one bullet to screw the whole thing up!

I just got back from the range today. Going to post some more results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elf you set the bar pretty high with that last one you shot! Maybe more people will post results if you list...maybe the top 10. I tried twice now to beat yours and can not come close. This is HARD guys. </div></div>

I want to see a JP LRP-07 in here. I still have not been able to even post pictures yet, sorry. Promise coming soon. Nice shooting Elfster.

Well, I went to the range again today to try my best to become the ".5" shoots all day long" leader and I wasn't even close! LOL, I think it is safe to say me and my rifle are more of a .7" to .8" all day long kind of team. RFLMAO, JK!

Was actually close to my first posting, but not enough. Anway, I figured I would still post the results. Any info is good info!!!:

.438" + .858" + 1.196" + .997" + .784" + .818" = 5.091 / 6 groups = .8485 average:
2ndroundresults-1.jpg

Best group was .438":
2ndroundresultscloseup.jpg

The rifle. 20"CL LMT MWS 7.62:
MYLMTMWS762.jpg

Re: SemiAuto, 6 groups, 5shot each, 30 round SHOOTOUT!

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

HELL YEAH NAKAS!!! Friggen nice shootin man! Very very nice groups and one heck of a nice stick. WTG! That's what I'm talking about. Nakas walking the walk. Down right awesome.

That is one nice looking rifle.... and some kick ass shootin to boot!

Thanks for the posting! BTW, I need to get one of those wedge bags.

Elf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nakas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg
</div></div>

You know what CanSniper, this is actually a good idea. I've changed the OP to the top ten. It's a little more work for me prob, but oh well. This is all in good fun. Thanks for the idea brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elf you set the bar pretty high with that last one you shot! Maybe more people will post results if you list...maybe the top 10. I tried twice now to beat yours and can not come close. This is HARD guys. </div></div>

Great stuff, think ill take my Gap-10 out and get my results of "all day long"... im thinking .75..:)

There, it is done! OP has changed. Good idea cansniper, I like it. More work for me, but oh well. Can't wait to see these results. Any info is good info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know what CanSniper, this is actually a good idea. I've changed the OP to the top ten. It's a little more work for me prob, but oh well. This is all in good fun. Thanks for the idea brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Elf you set the bar pretty high with that last one you shot! Maybe more people will post results if you list...maybe the top 10. I tried twice now to beat yours and can not come close. This is HARD guys. </div></div> </div></div>

Here we go Elf.
This is not the best, but its pretty typical.
I dont think it will be up for long, but I hope to better it this weekend.

Shot with LMT MWS 18"ss
Running my 178 AMAX hand load.
Prone off of a bipod and rear bag.
photobucket-29253-1346622029789.jpg

avg 1.05"
photobucket-6368-1346008305742.jpg

Smallest .605
photobucket-3868-1346008340819.jpg

Those are some very nice groups cansniper. Killer job. Feel free to post a pick of your rifle with your groups if you want to edit your post. Damn, your .605 group has 3 bullets in a bullet hole. Very nice. You are on the OP! Looking forward to your results this weekend.

Elf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here we go Elf.
This is not the best, but its pretty typical.
I dont think it will be up for long, but I hope to better it this weekend.

Shot with LMT MWS 18"ss
Running my 178 AMAX hand load.
Prone off of a bipod and rear bag.

avg 1.05"
photobucket-6368-1346008305742.jpg

Smallest .605
photobucket-3868-1346008340819.jpg
</div></div>

Not a problem at all. It is nice to see some peps posting real world result and walking the walk rather than talking a bunch of BS and saying they do .5 or less ALL DAY LONG with a gas semi auto,,, when they should be saying once in a while. Not saying it's not possible to do .5" on all 6groups, but it is damn friggen hard. I'll tip my hat to the first person that does it. Until you try it, it is rather hard. You're welcome bro and thank for taking the time to post your awesome groups.. just need to post a pic of your rifle with your groups if you like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh and thanks again for your hard work on this post!
</div></div>

Wish I had the optic for this. Fun.

I only managed a 25 shot string with a couple different loads, next time I'll try all the same load.

1X fired LC, 43 varget pulled 175smk = .91, .93
1X fired LC, 41.7 4064 pulled 175smk = 1.22, 1.31
5 rounds of brit surplus = 2.2"

the POS plastic table in the pic is what I shoot off, bipod w/o rear bag (support with left hand under buttstock). Yes I know my improvised target stand is utterly dead.

S5003513.jpg

I assembled the rifle myself and everything was purchased secondhand or on sale.

cool, lock down that ammo load, get us 6 groups / 5shots each / 30rounds,,,, and on one single target and post your results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I only managed a 25 shot string with a couple different loads, next time I'll try all the same load.

1X fired LC, 43 varget pulled 175smk = .91, .93
1X fired LC, 41.7 4064 pulled 175smk = 1.22, 1.31
5 rounds of brit surplus = 2.2"

the POS plastic table in the pic is what I shoot off, bipod w/o rear bag (support with left hand under buttstock). Yes I know my improvised target stand is utterly dead.

I assembled the rifle myself and everything was purchased secondhand or on sale.

</div></div>

Just saw this in an OBR thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ready4Zombies</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got a OBR with an 18 inch barrel,test target was 0.77".I reload 175Smks with Varget for my Larue an it shoots lights out.By far the most accurate gas gun I have ever shot!I have shot 1/4 MOA groups with it and it lays down 1/2 minute all day long.I love mine! </div></div>

Maybe he'll get in here and take the 1/2 minute all day long crown

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw this in an OBR thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ready4Zombies</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive got a OBR with an 18 inch barrel,test target was 0.77".I reload 175Smks with Varget for my Larue an it shoots lights out.By far the most accurate gas gun I have ever shot!I have shot 1/4 MOA groups with it and it lays down 1/2 minute all day long.I love mine! </div></div>

Maybe he'll get in here and take the 1/2 minute all day long crown</div></div>

I was thinkin the same thing, kinda looking forward to it actually
smile.gif

I posted him a link. Not saying it can't be done but I do want to see it.

I need to get back out to the range and see what I can do with mine all day.

hehe, would be nice if someone would roll up in this thread with some 1/2" minute all day long smack down!! looking forward to it... I'm sure someone will eventually get it, but it will be damn hard and I'm going to be looking that target over with a fine tooth comb!!! you can trust me on that.. might even ask the person to put calipers on each group with pics.. Good stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMAGator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw this in an OBR thread

smile.gif
</div></div>

FYI everyone, if you think you made the .5 all day long crown, then check out the new rule#15... will need caliper measurements WITH pics of each group to prove it to everyone.. looking forward to this if someone can make this happen. it's a matter of when it happens really, until then it's damn hard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMAGator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just saw this in an OBR thread

smile.gif
</div></div>

Ok, so today I tried this with my GAP 10 in 6 Creed. The rifle has over 700 rounds without cleaning(First Issue) and I fired all 6 groups without stopping except to reload the P Mag(second Issue). Shot this rifle in several matches but hadn't put it on paper in a long while, so I hadn't realized the groups had opened. Oh, and for those asking, consecutive 30 round 6 creed strings gets stuff pretty hot, to the point of barrel mirage.
Strings ran:
IMG-20120901-00082.jpg

Best #2 string .512
IMG-20120901-00084.jpg

Sat down and gave her a good cleaning and fired a fouler +5 to check after things cooled and without the 1 round clean barrel fouler the 5 went.<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-size: 11pt">365</span></span></span> on another target.
IMG-20120901-00085.jpg

Rain came and ended the playing outside so we will give it another run when it quits. I think it will do better 700 rds cleaner and allowing cooling between strings.
<span style="font-size: 17pt">
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Avg is .7256 pending anymore Fails on my part, One would never believe I am a graduated mine engineer huh?</span></span>

very very nice Jon! very impressive groupings! You are the person to beat for best average! Your target shows a date of 8/1/12... I'm sure this should be 9/1/12 tho correct? Way to go my friend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so today I tried this with my GAP 10 in 6 Creed. The rifle has over 700 rounds without cleaning(First Issue) and I fired all 6 groups without stopping except to reload the P Mag(second Issue). Shot this rifle in several matches but hadn't put it on paper in a long while, so I hadn't realized the groups had opened. Oh, and for those asking, consecutive 30 round 6 creed strings gets stuff pretty hot, to the point of barrel mirage.
Strings ran:
IMG-20120901-00082.jpg

Best #2 string .512
IMG-20120901-00084.jpg

Sat down and gave her a good cleaning and fired a fouler +5 to check after things cooled and without the 1 round clean barrel fouler the 5 went.265 on another target.
IMG-20120901-00085.jpg

Rain came and ended the playing outside so we will give it another run when it quits. I think it will do better 700 rds cleaner and allowing cooling between strings. </div></div>

Just a couple things as listed in the OP. How did you take your shots,, Sandbags, bipod? What ammo used? and please post a pic of your rifle with your post. Just wondering what length barrel on the GAP 10 also so I can list it. Nice groupings!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, so today I tried this with my GAP 10 in 6 Creed. The rifle has over 700 rounds without cleaning(First Issue) and I fired all 6 groups without stopping except to reload the P Mag(second Issue). Shot this rifle in several matches but hadn't put it on paper in a long while, so I hadn't realized the groups had opened. Oh, and for those asking, consecutive 30 round 6 creed strings gets stuff pretty hot, to the point of barrel mirage.
Strings ran:
IMG-20120901-00082.jpg

Best #2 string .512
IMG-20120901-00084.jpg

Sat down and gave her a good cleaning and fired a fouler +5 to check after things cooled and without the 1 round clean barrel fouler the 5 went.265 on another target.
IMG-20120901-00085.jpg

Rain came and ended the playing outside so we will give it another run when it quits. I think it will do better 700 rds cleaner and allowing cooling between strings. </div></div>

Yeah 9/1 Doh, Pic of rifle tomorrow. 23" tubed Gap 10 in 6 creed running Hornady 105s over 41.2g H4350 with HDMR and H59 ret. Setting at the Bench with a rabbit ear rear bag that works for crap with PRS stocks. Want to try it with a 223 as well as this one clean if Mr.Rain will go away.

with a bipod on the front then? just wondering what your barrel length is so i can post it in the OP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah 9/1 Doh, Pic of rifle tomorrow. Gap 10 6 creed running Hornady 105s over H4350 Setting at the Bench with a rabbit ear rear bag that works for crap with PRS stocks. Want to try it with a 223 as well if Mr.Rain will go away. </div></div>