• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6groups, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Re: SemiAuto, 6 groups, 5shot each, 30 round SHOOTOUT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUIPowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be happy for just 1.5 average.I'd be veRy ecstatic to hold MOA. </div></div>

Holding MOA isn't too difficult it's when you want to be consistently sub-MOA that the fun begins.

GAP-10 18" .308 Win.
I didnt break any records but I am Pleased with my rifle..Now if I could only shoot better.....Avg .8534
photo21.jpg

my Groups
photo22.jpg

Best Group .5235
photo23.jpg

Great looking groups and rifle.

The 1.4 group looks to be somewhat of an outlier. Bet you laughed/cursed at that group.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mil.Dot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking groups and rifle.

The 1.4 group looks to be somewhat of an outlier. Bet you laughed/cursed at that group. </div></div>

Yea i kinda rushed that one a bit, it was my last one... then i couldn't stop cursing..lol oh well I'm very satisfied with my rifle.... Ill work on me, in the future..:)

Now that is some damn nice shooting and one really really nice rifle. Man, that is one nice looking rifle. Those GAP's are so damn impressive. Good shooting, nice groups, and welcome to the leader boards!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GAP-10 18" .308 Win.
I didnt break any records but I am Pleased with my rifle..Now if I could only shoot better.....Avg .8534 Best Group .5235 </div></div>

I'm loading up about 80 rounds as we speak and will be hitting the range tomorrow. Got some RTS back up iron sights for my LMT and will be testing those also.

Alright peps,,,,, one more spot on the boards and we will be filled up.... All 10 spots. That is when it will get really interesting when there is the chance you could get bumped off the boards! Good shooting so far!

That is a beauty line of departure. I got one on order in the same configuration should be here in november. Great shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright peps,,,,, one more spot on the boards and we will be filled up.... All 10 spots. That is when it will get really interesting when there is the chance you could get bumped off the boards! Good shooting so far! </div></div>
This thread has my complete and full attention..Its pretty fun and i have to say i think ill go tomorrow to see if i can improve. Thanks on the compliments bro. And thank everyone else for their honesty. Its good to see they're good sport's here.

slammed together RRA 20" 9 twist, RRA 2 stage trigger, PRS, larue harris swivel bi-pod, BO 22MOA riser, NF 5.5-22x56 MOAR
shot with factory Hdy 55gn zombie ammo.

0.492 (Best) AVG = 0.9165

7F2258A2-CB1E-4894-89B5-79421FC2E54F-20079-000018F4BBC15ABB.jpg

C1527151-5A05-4B59-8588-C377D1E3F048-20079-000018F4C8243636.jpg

934C5D65-1BA3-458A-B147-DA270A51A9BD-20079-000018F4C189515B.jpg

wow, that is awesome JWP6114! I love my RRA and I'm sure you do also. Loving the .492 group. Nice job and good shooting. Killer looking stick. Welcome to the leaderboards! You now fill up the boards! WTG!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body">slammed together RRA 20" 9 twist, RRA 2 stage trigger, PRS, larue harris swivel bi-pod, BO 22MOA riser, NF 5.5-22x56 MOAR
shot with factory Hdy 55gn zombie ammo.

0.492 (Best) AVG = 0.9165
</div></div>

Boards are now completely filled!! Let the fun begin!! Don't get bumped off the boards, get back out there and shoot!

WTG to everyone so far. Nice to see all 10 people on the boards walking the walk and not talking a bunch of BS! Good job everyone!

so multiple attempts can be made with the same rifle? no limit on entries? i will be making another attempt after i finnish conditioning this barrel.

I'll take where im at for now with a non-factory assembled rig shooting factory ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sheesshh, giving all my secrets away here. Maybe I should take down my reload info!! LOL JK</div></div>

I think there are other equaly important trade secrets such as your methods of maintaining your barrel...
grin.gif
just my .02

This is great motivation to go to the range and shoot some groups. I might plan a trip to the range when the weather allows. I have a few rock rivers I want to try out.

I would like to see the results from a scar 17 owner. I'm curious about overall accuracy and not just one "great" group. Really like this as a test of rife, ammo and shooter.

yes, you can make as many attempts as you want with your rifle in order to improve your standing on the boards / get the best possible outcome with your rifle... no limits on entries..... the only way to be on the boards more than once at the same time is to use two different rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so multiple attempts can be made with the same rifle? no limit on entries? i will be making another attempt after i finnish conditioning this barrel.

I'll take where im at for now with a non-factory assembled rig shooting factory ammo. </div></div>

yes, those are some really nice groups JWP6114, especally with factory ammo. Very impressive. It is nice to find a barrel that shoots really nice. Better not sell that one. Good job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWP6114</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so multiple attempts can be made with the same rifle? no limit on entries? i will be making another attempt after i finnish conditioning this barrel.

I'll take where im at for now with a non-factory assembled rig shooting factory ammo. </div></div>

The 30round test was a no go this weekend. I went to the range today and it was just too damn windy and I got rained out, so I put all my effort into testing out my new back up iron RTS offset sights in the rain. Was getting about 2" to 3" groups @ 50yards which totally fulfills my BUIS needs for deer hunting. They are all sighted in. 100% need for these BUIS is just in case I get that deer running past my stand @ close ranges or a deer pops up while walking out to my stand which has happened to me before. Really happy with them so far. Maybe I'll even put them through the 100yard / 30round test when the weather gets better around my neck of the woods.

LMTRTS1.jpg

LMTRTS2.jpg

Ok...I dusted off the KAC/KMC SR25 Match from the back of the safe and took it for a spin with a 175 SMK reload I made for it along time ago. Here's how it went. Same load for both targets on different days.

IMG_1895.jpg

1st day, WOW! What a surprise to me, that cant be right. I couldn't shoot a decent group to save my life that day.

IMG_1896.jpg

2nd day, Yeah ok I had a rough start but I started to get to know the gun again, and not bad in the end. But too little too late unfortunately.
IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

Sorry for the non rotated photos, I rotated them but I dont know whats going on with photobucket

Good shooting everyone. Can't wait to play this game. Should be posting my first pics to SH on this post within the next few days.

Kick ass run with the SR25 nakas.... <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Not only are you going to be on the leader board twice for using a 2nd rifle, but you just bumped Robinc off the boards!!!</span></span> Things are really turning interesting really fast. Very nice 2nd run and nice rifle my friend. Good job! Nakas is a force to be reckoned with. Welcome to the leaderboard again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nakas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok...I dusted off the KAC/KMC SR25 Match from the back of the safe and took it for a spin with a 175 SMK reload I made for it along time ago. Here's how it went. Same load for both targets on different days.
</div></div>

BTW Nakas,,,, not only nice rifle, but that is one bad ass scope! Very nice.

LOL, I love the "WTF" on the first run... Hehehe, hell yes this shootout can be really frustrating when you get a friggen huge flier at the end of the shoot... Grrrrrr!!! That barrel heat build up or slight trigger pull can be a real b!tch !!!! Good 2nd run Nakas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nakas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_1895.jpg

</div></div>

It's likely his first run was right after cleaning and it just needed to run through a couple mags...

So I finally made it back out today and gave this another try with the OBR. The biggest thing I noticed was that towards the end of each string I felt that I was driving the gun with the grip....I couldn't stay comfortable behind the rifle and it definitely showed with some of the "fliers". I've heard that it's good to try to maintain your cheek-weld throughout an entire string for best consistency, but I feel like as the string goes on I'm having to wrestle with the rifle more and more to keep my weld and stay on target. What do y'all do? I think next time I'm going to try coming off the rifle between each shot and try to get back to the same position each time so that I'm not forcing it by the end of each string.

Rifle was 18" OBR 7.62, shot from a bipod, no rear support, off the bench. Ammo was 168gr SMKs over 43.0gr BL-C(2), loaded to 2.800in. Scope was adjusted after the first target.
The one BAD flyer was the last shot of the day on the bottom right target.....I knew it as soon as the trigger broke, it just didn't feel right but I thought I could hold it together.

Measurements were done edge to edge and bullet diameter was subtracted (-.308").

1.330" + 1.097" + 0.663" + 1.141" + 0.683" + 1.918" = 6.832"/6 = 1.138" AVG
09Sepshoot006.jpg

Best: 0.971" - .308" = 0.663"
09Sepshoot005.jpg

For the folks that have done the SH online training for driving big gas guns, would you recommend it to others? I thought I could master this thing on my own, but it's very different from shooting bolt action and I want to shoot to my potential. More practice, or is training in order?

Nice job USMAGator. You improved your #'s on both average and best single. Very nice.

If you're asking for advice I think the biggest thing that could help you out would be sand bag support on the rear (I would start here first).... I know most people use a sand bag under the buttstock, but I actually use mine under my grip (yes, I know it is strange).. Just happens to work better for me and my funky sand bag. I think I might get a "wedge' style rear sand bag for my buttstock. As for my weld, I usually re-set after each group. I only load up 5 rounds in the mag and will let the bolt stay back after the 5shots / 1group in order to let my barrel to cool down / allow air flow through the barrel for about 5min... I will actually touch the barrel with my finger and if it is too hot, then I don't shoot. I personally only touch the grip on the rifle when shooting... nothing else other than shoulder to buttstock... i do not hold onto the front forearm,,,, just the grip and allow the rifle to flow like water into my shoulder.... I try to let the bipod / rear bag do most of the work so I'm taking my heartbeat out of the equation. If you grind the buttstock into your shoulder too hard and hold onto the grip too hard you will increase your heartbeat thru the rifle / scope. Like I said before, only thing touching the rifle is my hand on the grip and my shoulder on the buttstock.... I do not have the buttstock ground into my shoulder,,, just somewhat firm. Last and final note,,,, SCOPE SHADOW IS YOUR FRIEND AND ENEMY. I try to keep my optics as clear as possible when taking the shot,,, I take no shot what so ever if I see any scope shadow. By doing so, I keep my eye alignment dead center of the optics. I also like to use 3/4" round dots @ 100yards and will crank up my optics to max 16x with sidefocus to obvious 100yards,,,,, and will place that small 3/4" target like a mildot on my crosshairs. Try to center as best as possible. Not saying this is perfect, but this is what I do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMAGator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I finally made it back out today and gave this another try with the OBR. The biggest thing I noticed was that towards the end of each string I felt that I was driving the gun with the grip....I couldn't stay comfortable behind the rifle and it definitely showed with some of the "fliers". I've heard that it's good to try to maintain your cheek-weld throughout an entire string for best consistency, but I feel like as the string goes on I'm having to wrestle with the rifle more and more to keep my weld and stay on target. What do y'all do? I think next time I'm going to try coming off the rifle between each shot and try to get back to the same position each time so that I'm not forcing it by the end of each string.

Rifle was 18" OBR 7.62, shot from a bipod, no rear support, off the bench. Ammo was 168gr SMKs over 43.0gr BL-C(2), loaded to 2.800in. Scope was adjusted after the first target.
The one BAD flyer was the last shot of the day on the bottom right target.....I knew it as soon as the trigger broke, it just didn't feel right but I thought I could hold it together.

Measurements were done edge to edge and bullet diameter was subtracted (-.308").

1.330" + 1.097" + 0.663" + 1.141" + 0.683" + 1.918" = 6.832"/6 = 1.138" AVG

Best: 0.971" - .308" = 0.663"

For the folks that have done the SH online training for driving big gas guns, would you recommend it to others? I thought I could master this thing on my own, but it's very different from shooting bolt action and I want to shoot to my potential. More practice, or is training in order? </div></div>

1.0156 AVG
mad.gif
(size edited - thanks Elf, seems I can't add or shoot)

1) 0.798
2) 0.987
3) 0.559
4) 1.098
5) 1.134
6) 1.518 (I pulled it low - totally on me, I knew as soon as I broke the round).

KAC SR-25 ECC 16" 1:11 twist Chrome Lined barrel

Admittedly I shot a bit like a hamster today. A wee bit erratic to say the least -- so am cleaning my barrel (which I never tend to do) thoroughly and going to go back at this this week. I've gotten a bunch of sub 1/2 MOA before it, so I'm pretty sure I can shrink that on my next trip for this.

I used M118LR a 09 Subloat C vintage

photo-24.jpg

photo-23.jpg

photo-22.jpg

photo-25.jpg

Great idea! I might have to order in some black hills and see what I can do.

Just got in from the range and measured the targets and I am absolutely blown away with the results. I loaded up some "plinking ammo" a long time ago and used it for the test. I used mixed brass, 55grn v-max over 24grns of varget. The first target I shot I didn't allow time to cool and the barrel got pretty warm so the second target I let it cool about 10 minutes between groups. I had a hard time measuring center to center on the best group so I measured outside to outside and subtracted .224, if I need to take another measurement and post center to center I will. I will admit that I feel like a dumb ass because I shot 31 rounds at the first target and was so embarrassed that even trying to not do it again.... I screwed up and did it again. So i shoot 62 rounds total and all of them averaged together is .759
RRA 20" varmint
Nikon m-223 scope
55grn v-max
bipod front and bags on the rear
prone on a mat
weather was overall nice but did have a few 8-10mph gusts

best group and for some reason I fired 6 rounds in this group
20120909_190427-1.jpg

completed target
20120909_202202.jpg

picture of the RRA
20120909_173714.jpg

tried to keep the barrel under 130
20120909_174738.jpg

picture of the range
20120909_180500.jpg

here is my first target
20120909_184938.jpg

temp of the barrel after 31 rounds with no time to cool
20120909_180411.jpg

both targets together
20120909_181241.jpg

damn nice job Kevin... real honor to have you in this shootout online. Your rifle looks like it has seen some action in it's lifetime and looks just down right "bad ass"... Love the look of the rifle. Good work on the groups and welcome to the leaderboards as you just kicked another person from the top 10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.056 AVG
mad.gif

1) 0.798
2) 0.987
3) 0.559
4) 1.098
5) 1.134
6) 1.518 (I pulled it low - totally on me, I knew as soon as I broke the round).

Admittedly I shot a bit like a hamster today. A wee bit erratic to say the least -- so am cleaning my barrel (which I never tend to do) thoroughly and going to go back at this this week.

I used M118LR a 09 Subloat C vintage

photo-25.jpg
</div></div>

OMG Mcarnell82... I'm loving the .348 group & other groups,,, but you're killing my heart on the 31 shots on each target.... Ouch brother!! What's the deal..???..???.. Were you just a little nervous and that's why you took the extra shot each?? Seriously, I'm itching to get your number's up on the board, but you shot yourself in the foot with just one extra shot on each target..???...??? I really don't know what to do here as your groups are really nice especially the .348 group, but the rules are the rules... 30 shots only. Think you could get me another bad ass target with only 30 bullet holes? So far, it is some damn nice groups man. Love the pics with the temp gun also. Seriously killing me that I can't post your numbers after so much work. Really good job tho!

Rule#1.) At 100yards (please be honest about this 100yards), all 6 groupings, 5shots each, 30 total bullets (no more, no less)... Must be on one large target about 2'x3' (or smaller target if you can fit your bad ass groups on 8x11 paper).... What ever size you think you can get 6 groups @ 5shots each on.... Can NOT be on individual targets. MUST BE on one target with 6 total groupings, 5shots each, 30 total bullets. That's it!! Would prefer 6 total @ 3/4" to 1" round sticker type targets on ONE large poster size target (or just use a black magic marker to make the 6 target markings). All consecutively shot. Shoot as fast or slow as you want, but must be shot within that day!!... If your one piece of paper / cardboard doesn't have 30 bullet holes, it doesn't count..... Bullet holes must be easy to see in your picture!! This is NOT about bullseyes!! All about grouping size average and your best group size!! All in good fun people... .25" or 5",, show off your skills baby! Just try your best! Everyone is welcome here regardless of skill! Piston or DI, AR or M1A, it's all semi-auto cool baby!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mcarnell82</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got in from the range and measured the targets and I am absolutely blown away with the results. I loaded up some "plinking ammo" a long time ago and used it for the test. I used mixed brass, 55grn v-max over 24grns of varget. The first target I shot I didn't allow time to cool and the barrel got pretty warm so the second target I let it cool about 10 minutes between groups. I had a hard time measuring center to center on the best group so I measured outside to outside and subtracted .224, if I need to take another measurement and post center to center I will. I will admit that I feel like a dumb ass because I shot 31 rounds at the first target and was so embarrassed that even trying to not do it again.... I screwed up and did it again. So i shoot 62 rounds total and all of them averaged together is .759
RRA 20" varmint
Nikon m-223 scope
55grn v-max
bipod front and bags on the rear
prone on a mat
weather was overall nice but did have a few 8-10mph gusts </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG Mcarnell82... I'm loving the .348 group & other groups,,, but you're killing my heart on the 31 shots on each target.... Ouch brother!! What's the deal..???..???.. Were you just a little nervous and that's why you took the extra shot each?? Seriously, I'm itching to get your number's up on the board, but you shot yourself in the foot with just one extra shot on each target..???...??? I really don't know what to do here as your groups are really nice especially the .348 group, but the rules are the rules... 30 shots only. Think you could get me another bad ass target with only 30 bullet holes? So far, it is some damn nice groups man. Love the pics with the temp gun also. Seriously killing me that I can't post your numbers after so much work.</div></div>

I understand, I could have said the .348 was only 5 shots and it would have been hard to prove otherwise but I'm honest. If you can't put it up no big deal. I have some good brass and some 69grn smk's to try but it will have to wait till next weekend.

Thanks for being honest about it. I wish I could let this slide, but I've already knocked down about 3 people trying to post targets +/- 30 bullet holes. Seriously tho, that is some damn fine work and I greatly appreciate the hard work you put into this especially with the temp gun pics. Load up another 30 rounds with same results brother and I'll get you on the boards... Nice groups, nice rifle, and nice effort my friend.

Just make sure you only put 30rounds in the box this next time!!! JK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mcarnell82</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG Mcarnell82... I'm loving the .348 group & other groups,,, but you're killing my heart on the 31 shots on each target.... Ouch brother!! What's the deal..???..???.. Were you just a little nervous and that's why you took the extra shot each?? Seriously, I'm itching to get your number's up on the board, but you shot yourself in the foot with just one extra shot on each target..???...??? I really don't know what to do here as your groups are really nice especially the .348 group, but the rules are the rules... 30 shots only. Think you could get me another bad ass target with only 30 bullet holes? So far, it is some damn nice groups man. Love the pics with the temp gun also. Seriously killing me that I can't post your numbers after so much work.</div></div>

I understand, I could have said the .348 was only 5 shots and it would have been hard to prove otherwise but I'm honest. If you can't put it up no big deal. I have some good brass and some 69grn smk's to try but it will have to wait till next weekend. </div></div>

Kevin, I double checked your math and your average should be 1.0156, and not 1.056. Please edit your post. Nice work my friend. Good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1.056 AVG
mad.gif

1) 0.798
2) 0.987
3) 0.559
4) 1.098
5) 1.134
6) 1.518
</div></div>

Next trip to the range I am taking both Rock Rivers. Maybe I can jump on the board with two semi's. I will pay more attention to round count this time.. haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for being honest about it. I wish I could let this slide, but I've already knocked down about 3 people trying to post targets +/- 30 bullet holes. Seriously tho, that is some damn fine work and I greatly appreciate the hard work you put into this especially with the temp gun pics. Load up another 30 rounds with same results brother and I'll get you on the boards... Nice groups, nice rifle, and nice effort my friend.

Just make sure you only put 30rounds in the box this next time!!! JK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mcarnell82</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG Mcarnell82... I'm loving the .348 group & other groups,,, but you're killing my heart on the 31 shots on each target.... Ouch brother!! What's the deal..???..???.. Were you just a little nervous and that's why you took the extra shot each?? Seriously, I'm itching to get your number's up on the board, but you shot yourself in the foot with just one extra shot on each target..???...??? I really don't know what to do here as your groups are really nice especially the .348 group, but the rules are the rules... 30 shots only. Think you could get me another bad ass target with only 30 bullet holes? So far, it is some damn nice groups man. Love the pics with the temp gun also. Seriously killing me that I can't post your numbers after so much work.</div></div>

I understand, I could have said the .348 was only 5 shots and it would have been hard to prove otherwise but I'm honest. If you can't put it up no big deal. I have some good brass and some 69grn smk's to try but it will have to wait till next weekend. </div></div> </div></div>

I'm itching to do this but my range won't be open for another few weeks. It's about time the board gets a M14 on it. I'm confident mine will be sub-MOA but doubt it'll take top spot.

Shooting this test was a lot of fun. I can't wait to get back out and try again. I might have enough of the v-max's left to shoot again tomorrow after work. Thanks for keeping up with this thread elfster.

Not a problem at all and I'm really looking forward to your next set of results. If they are anything like what you've already posted, then I'm sure they will be bad A$$.. Not hard to check out the forum when I have my computer hooked up to my TV and can switch back and forth from a TV show to the net during commercials. The power of technology and a good ol blue-tooth keyboard & mouse goes a long ways. This really doesn't suck up any time at all on my part during commercials. Hell, you all are doing the hard work. I prob wouldn't do it if it wasn't for copy and paste!! LOL! All I know is the amount of information we are all producing is nothing I've seen on the net before in terms of <span style="text-decoration: underline">precision semi-auto shooting</span>. Anyone can talk a bunch of BS on the net, but to actually go out and try it for yourself and post those results is a whole different story. It is not that easy. I might try to get out again next weekend for a 30round run and to test out my RTS back up iron sights some more.

I've kicked thousands of rounds down range and I've produced many groups under .5"moa at 100yards.... hell, some of my groups have been damn near bullets in bullet holes at 100yards, but <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">I'll be the last person to say I do it all day long</span></span>. It really is not that easy with a gas gun and I think this forum thread is really putting some people's perspectives back into reality check.

Thank you everyone for your hard work and forum posts.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Man those "fliers" are a real b!tch!!!</span></span></span>
mad.gif

308BRASS37GNBENCHMARK175GRNSMKHPBT.jpg
robbedof25group.jpg

5SHOTGROUP1AE.jpg
FACTORYAMERICANEAGLE762168GRNHPBT.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mcarnell82</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooting this test was a lot of fun. I can't wait to get back out and try again. I might have enough of the v-max's left to shoot again tomorrow after work. Thanks for keeping up with this thread elfster. </div></div>

Just bit the bullet and registered for the online training section here on the Hide....it looks like there's enough fundamentals there to keep me busy for a while!
I've only watched the first lesson and already it's clear that I have a lot to learn and can really benefit from learning from folks who know what they're doing.....much thanks to the folks who keep that updated! I'll play again when I have a better idea what I'm doing
smile.gif

Best single 5 shot, 40 Nosler BT, Tula SRM, LC'08 VV 130 powder, 2.253" COL. Velocity 3,000 ft/secs Caliber 5.56 NATO, Bravo Comapny 11.5 SBR, AAC - SPR-M4 silencer, Mega lower with Giessele SD-E trigger, ACOG TAO1NSN optic, Magpul MIAD & CTR (now FDE) & Apex carbine length free float.

Let me see now, .417" - .224" = tight or .193" center to center.

115inchSBR.jpg

I was totally amazed at this 100 yard group of 5 shots fired suppressed!
DSCN1144.jpg

Wonderful groups, beautiful rifles guys. Keep up the good work.

Sweet mother of God Elf, those are tight.
Were the fliers consistent in the strings IE. first or last round?

308sako was the optic in the pic used on that group?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet mother of God Elf, those are tight.
Were the fliers consistent in the strings IE. first or last round?

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">308sako was the optic in the pic used on that grou</span>p? </span></div></div>

Yes it was! I am still on the high from this one... a freak to be sure.

No real order to the fliers if that is what you even want to call them when the group is that small at 100yards... I'm sure it is more me than the rifle, but hell.... you just never know... Really though, I don't believe in fliers. They are all part of my group. The first picture listed above seriously would've been damn near a bullet inside of a bullet hole if I would've pulled it off without the damn A.K.A "flier"... You can bet your bottom dollar I was swearing up a storm when I walked up to the target.

This would be my very best 5shot group that has no fliers that I can think of, which is actually on page#1 of this forum:
CLOSEUP.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet mother of God Elf, those are tight.
Were the fliers consistent in the strings IE. first or last round?</div></div>

wow, that is got to be one of the best single 5shot groups ever. Very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308sako</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best single 5 shot, 40 Nosler BT, Tula SRM, LC'08 VV 130 powder, 2.253" COL. Velocity 3,000 ft/secs Caliber 5.56 NATO, Bravo Comapny 11.5 SBR, AAC - SPR-M4 silencer, Mega lower with Giessele SD-E trigger, ACOG TAO1NSN optic, Magpul MIAD & CTR (now FDE) & Apex carbine length free float.

Let me see now, .417" - .224" = tight or .193" center to center.

I was totally amazed at this 100 yard group of 5 shots fired suppressed!
DSCN1144.jpg
</div></div>

Well after the embarrassment of two targets that I couldn't use due to me not paying attention to round count I made sure I didn't do it again. I set 5 rounds out for each group instead of loading up a couple mags and relying on my 1st grade math skills...lol. The results are close to yesterdays groups but my last group was the worst due to barrel heat??? I was rushing because the wife called and said dinner is finished. So I shot the groups with no time to cool in between groups. Overall the rifle shoots better than I can so I bet I have a .5 moa gun but I am not a .5 moa shooter haha...

20120910_200113.jpg

20120910_200224.jpg

20120909_180432.jpg

I also shot some American Eagle just to see how it shot but it sucked so bad I'm embarrassed to say it was from the same rifle. I might measure the groups and post the results any ways.