• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(100YARD), Semi-Auto, 6groups, 30round SHOOTOUT!

Re: SemiAuto, 6 groups, 5shot each, 30 round SHOOTOUT!

WOW Squin!! that is one hell of a job. Looks like you are the new average leader to beat and you also made the "this person shoots under moa ALL DAY LONG" board. Very nice shooting and that is one hell of a rifle you got on your hands there. Good work, Good shooting, kick ass rifle. This new average could be really hard to beat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: squin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my first try.

Rifle:
Precision Firearms billet upper
.264 LBC-AR (Grendel) 24" bull barrel
LBC bolt carrier group
Spike's Tactical billet lower
Geissele High Speed Match (2 lb, 1 lb)
TBAC 30p-1 suppressor

Load:
123 gr SMK
29 gr AA2540
Lapua 3x fired brass
Wolf SR-223 primer

P.S. shot off the bipod and rear bag from a bench. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Napsters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I have tried 2 times to get in on this. Every time I go to the range someone blasts my target with their AR.

Any suggestions on how to keep the idiots from shooting your target? It would be nice to get my 4 dollars back for the target stand deposit but every time it gets shot up. Even when I am out with my AI it still gets hit. I know I can't miss by 16 inches at 100 yards with that rifle!</div></div>

Do what I do. Don't shoot at a range. To be honest, though, that's getting pretty difficult in Utah.

Well I went out today with a coworker.
Zeroed a few guns - and figured I would take a shot at this with an M110 SASS. 20" barrel

True issue format with Can and M118LR
photo-29.jpg

For an avg (if my math was right this time) of 0.903, which probably won't even make the 10 list by tonight ;(

photo-30.jpg

photo-31.jpg

I ended up using a Jag diameter thingy to look at this group - as we both knew 5 rds went into the group.
photo-32.jpg

Mirage off the can and down range was getting a little annoying by the end - and I am totally blaming my last group on that
wink.gif

Judging by the

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I went out today with a coworker.
Zeroed a few guns - and figured I would take a shot at this with an M110 SASS. 20" barrel

photo-29.jpg

</div></div>

Good Shooting!

How do you like the Leupold Mark 6? I'm looking to upgrade and thinking of that model.
What reticle does it have?

Thanks!
Jeff

Ok, first and foremost,,,, your rifle collection is making me envious. Just wondering, how many total rifles and pistols do you have? Just wondering.

Next, way to come back onto the top ten boards for both average and best single. Kick ass job. Good shooting. Looks like a good time. WTG on the scope tracking shootout also.

I'm loading ammo as we speak for tomorrow's testing / shooting fun. Will hopefully improve on my results this time around.

BTW, your math is spot on my friend!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I went out today with a coworker.

For an avg (if my math was right this time) of 0.903, which probably won't even make the 10 list by tonight ;(

I ended up using a Jag diameter thingy to look at this group - as we both knew 5 rds went into the group.

Mirage off the can and down range was getting a little annoying by the end - and I am totally blaming my last group on that
wink.gif

Judging by the </div></div>

When I headed to the range I had no intentions of trying this.My rifle was picering primers so I installed a new bolt and firing pin.Loaded up twenty each Nosler 100 & 120 BT's on the light side to see if rifle was fixed.Fired six 3 round groups with the 100's and they looked decent so what the heck filled in the blanks with the 120's.I blew the moa on the last shot when a 30-30 went off next to my left ear as the trigger was due to break.Room for improvement for sure.Images coming ,I hope.

Rifle:DPMS LR 6.5 Creedmoor
Load:Hornady brass,CCI 200,38g IMR 4064 100 BT
37g IMR 4064 120 BT
Average:.943

Thanks JWP6114. Precision Firearms builds a nice upper, and the Les Baer barrel and bolt carrier group are the fire.

nice job heydogman... that has to be some of the most consistant shooting i've seen so far out of all of us. My old rifle was actually a DPMS LR-308 24" bull SS barrel and it was one heck of a rifle. Very good job heydogman. See if you can run another entry and kick some of these guys off the top ten. Good work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heydogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I headed to the range I had no intentions of trying this.My rifle was picering primers so I installed a new bolt and firing pin.Loaded up twenty each Nosler 100 & 120 BT's on the light side to see if rifle was fixed.Fired six 3 round groups with the 100's and they looked decent so what the heck filled in the blanks with the 120's.I blew the moa on the last shot when a 30-30 went off next to my left ear as the trigger was due to break.Room for improvement for sure.Images coming ,I hope.

Rifle:DPMS LR 6.5 Creedmoor
Load:Hornady brass,CCI 200,38g IMR 4064 100 BT
37g IMR 4064 120 BT
Average:.943 </div></div>

ahhh yeah, that is one bad ass rifle. me like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: squin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks JWP6114. Precision Firearms builds a nice upper, and the Les Baer barrel and bolt carrier group are the fire. </div></div>

LOL, you need to get on that $hit!!! I'm going tomorrow... Loading ammo as we speak.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have GOT to get home before Dark! I keep slipping down the list. </div></div>

Thanks for the good words.Look forward to seeing you back at the top tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Napsters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I have tried 2 times to get in on this. Every time I go to the range someone blasts my target with their AR.

Any suggestions on how to keep the idiots from shooting your target? It would be nice to get my 4 dollars back for the target stand deposit but every time it gets shot up. Even when I am out with my AI it still gets hit. I know I can't miss by 16 inches at 100 yards with that rifle! </div></div>

This happened to me as well! Or I F it up and put 6 on one target. LOL oh well this has been alot of fun, and has made me a better shooter.

Can my man,,,,,, when you hitting the range again? Us LMT brothers need to stick together!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Napsters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I have tried 2 times to get in on this. Every time I go to the range someone blasts my target with their AR.

Any suggestions on how to keep the idiots from shooting your target? It would be nice to get my 4 dollars back for the target stand deposit but every time it gets shot up. Even when I am out with my AI it still gets hit. I know I can't miss by 16 inches at 100 yards with that rifle! </div></div>

This happened to me as well! Or I F it up and put 6 on one target. LOL oh well this has been alot of fun, and has made me a better shooter. </div></div>

Kevin, which rifle is that on the left? I was going to say SR-25ECC but the barrel doesn't look right for it.

Gonna try to make it out today, no promises though. I spent some time dialing in my load and had it shootin real good a couple weeks ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can my man,,,,,, when you hitting the range again? Us LMT brothers need to stick together!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Napsters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I have tried 2 times to get in on this. Every time I go to the range someone blasts my target with their AR.

Any suggestions on howr to keep the idiots from shooting your target? It would be nice to get my 4 dollars back for the target stand deposit but every time it gets shot up. Even when I am out with my AI it still gets hit. I know I can't miss by 16 inches at 100 yards with that rifle! </div></div>

This happened to me as well! Or I F it up and put 6 on one target. LOL oh well this has been alot of fun, and has made me a better shooter. </div></div> </div></div>

im constantly being bumped here... not looking good for the GAP-10 team..... as soon as i return from Australia its on mofo's!!

I will get in on this with my GAP-10 when I get my reloading gear setup. Went out yesterday with some factory hornady 120's and kept blowing primers. Shut it down before I blew my rifle up. I have had some issues lately with there factory ammo in my Surgeon as well. It seems Hornady's quality control is suffering lately.

hehehe, good stuff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> as soon as i return from Australia its on mofo's!! </div></div>

Well I gotta say this was a blast and stressful at the same time. After 3 trips, changing scopes back and fourth, over 100 bullets along with a freshly cleaned bore I got what I know my rifle is capable of doing. Only downside is I got out late and while I love this time of year I hate how early the sun goes down. I will be back out once again sometime in the next 2 weeks to tighten up them 2 and 3 groups! Or blow them all to hell.
blush.gif

Targets were shot top to bottom left to right.
First target goes to show what happens when you think you can wish bullets into a hole! Second and third groups are also showing shooters error and a warm barrel. After those shitty groups I went to play with the Creedmoor and get away with shooting groups to easy myself down and relax. Come back and knock out the forth target! Alright back on my game up until I shoot the first round into the 5th target! Not sure about you guys but I hate to shoot the center of the target when I'm shooting groups. I always seem to stare at that hole and I always blow my groups because of that one POS hole!

Lessons learned: I shoot this rifle better with my 3x9 scope then I do with a higher power! I need to work on mental part as this comp really messed with my mind. Shooting 6 consecutive groups is far more difficult then just one! I wasted a lot of bullets on this then I thought I would.
whistle.gif

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics. If you need better ones I will dig the DC out and take some.

.361,.827,.596,.202,.595,.405 Avg.= .497

Rifle: DPMS Sweet 16 with a couple mods
Shot: Prone with bipod and rear bag
Load: 55gr Nosler BT, prepped LC01 brass trimmed to 1.760, CCI 400, 24.5grs 8208XBR, COAL of 2.255

DSC00292.jpg

DSC00290-Copy.jpg

Old pic of the rifle. Scope is set back a little more and a new bipod, trigger and KNS pins. Also took off that dam Tac latch! Other then that it's all the same.
100_0117.jpg

well,,,,,,,, was getting ready to go to the range today... was cleaning my LMT, took off the barrel, put everything back together and torque down the barrel screws an SNAP..... one of the bolts busted off!!!! OMG, so pissed right now as I was looking forward to doing this today big time. Well, guess I'm waiting till Monday to have LMT send me new bolts and to do research on how to get this busted bolt part out of the rifle.. GRRRRRR

I could be out for 2 weeks. MOTHER F$@KERRRRRRR! LOL

didn't someone just post last week on this issue? any help to find this post would be great.. cant find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well,,,,,,,, was getting ready to go to the range today... was cleaning my LMT, took off the barrel, put everything back together and torque down the barrel screws an SNAP..... one of the bolts busted off!!!! OMG, so pissed right now as I was looking forward to doing this today big time. Well, guess I'm waiting till Monday to have LMT send me new bolts and to do research on how to get this busted bolt part out of the rifle.. GRRRRRR

I could be out for 2 weeks. MOTHER F$@KERRRRRRR! LOL </div></div>

dmpowder you just upped the bar. That is a damn fine string. Going to be tough to beat a .202 group! Good example of why we have to measure outside to outside for bug hole groups. It would be a total guess at where center to center is.

Now I need to go do some reloading so I can take another shot at this next weekend.

got the broken bolt out... was rather easy actually, just put a phillips head screwdriver in the hole @ the end of the broken bolt and it screwed right out with absolutely no pressure at all. Now just need to order replacement sets. Going to see if I can get an extra set also. I think it was more towards a bad bolt rather than the torque wrench... I wasn't even close to 140torque. Bolts are designed to sheer off and I think after many times of barrel removal it was getting weak.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">didn't someone just post last week on this issue? any help to find this post would be great.. cant find it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elfster1234</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well,,,,,,,, was getting ready to go to the range today... was cleaning my LMT, took off the barrel, put everything back together and torque down the barrel screws an SNAP..... one of the bolts busted off!!!! OMG, so pissed right now as I was looking forward to doing this today big time. Well, guess I'm waiting till Monday to have LMT send me new bolts and to do research on how to get this busted bolt part out of the rifle.. GRRRRRR

I could be out for 2 weeks. MOTHER F$@KERRRRRRR! LOL </div></div> </div></div>

guess i'll be working on the house today rather than shooting rifles....... What a buzz kill !!

brokenfriggenbolt.jpg

Dang that sucks elfster, atleast you got the bolt out.

dmpowder that is some amazing shooting! I'll be the happiest person in the world if my AR shoots that well.

Well a few long days at work kept me away from the loading bench but as soon as I get time I'll have some new ammo and a new trigger to try. Hope to have some new results to post in a day or two. I might do the scope tracking test while I'm at it...

Damn, DMPowder. Way to outshoot all those GAPs, Larues, LMTs, etc. with a DPMS. Very nice shooting!

I had that same issue with my LMT a while ago. I plan on removing my barrel after every 1000 rounds. I have a few extra screws that was sent from LMT free of charge.

On a different forum it was shown that using different settings at 120 130 140 showed very little change in how the rifle shot in accuracy. What type of wrench are you using? Sry for the thread jack and I will get my targets up online in a few weeks due to work.

Saw your post on the AR15 site about this shootout. That went well. Thought I'd try it out. Any way, here's mine. First AR build and first load development. Hope to get rid of some of that vertical stringing some how.

AVG 1.460"
Best 1.188"

zt8.jpg

zm8.jpg

Reading through this section of the forum, found a thread about SVD's. Not much love for them here. Fired the test with an NDM-86 in .308 also......

AVG = 1.259"
Best = 1.165"

ndmt8.jpg

ndmm8.jpg

Rock chuckers in question:

z115.jpg

ndm.jpg

That SVD looks amazing. Very jealous.

Nice shooting hilljack. I'm loving the SVD, what a bad ass looking rifle. Keep up the good work.

Elfster1234

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hilljack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw your post on the AR15 site about this shootout. That went well. Thought I'd try it out. Any way, here's mine. First AR build and first load development. Hope to get rid of some of that vertical stringing some how.

AVG 1.460"
Best 1.188"

Reading through this section of the forum, found a thread about SVD's. Not much love for them here. Fired the test with an NDM-86 in .308 also......

AVG = 1.259"
Best = 1.165"

Rock chuckers in question:

</div></div>

Wow, very impressive dmpowder. I sent you a PM. Please check that out and post some better pics if possible and I'll get ya on the OP. Very good shooting.

See, friggen DPMS is putting us all to shame and my LMT is all busted up from a .05 cent broken bolt! LOL. I'm not having a good day, but I was able to get some stuff done around the house for a chance. It must be god's way of telling me not to go to the rifle range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I gotta say this was a blast and stressful at the same time. After 3 trips, changing scopes back and fourth, over 100 bullets along with a freshly cleaned bore I got what I know my rifle is capable of doing. Only downside is I got out late and while I love this time of year I hate how early the sun goes down. I will be back out once again sometime in the next 2 weeks to tighten up them 2 and 3 groups! Or blow them all to hell.
blush.gif

Targets were shot top to bottom left to right.
First target goes to show what happens when you think you can wish bullets into a hole! Second and third groups are also showing shooters error and a warm barrel. After those shitty groups I went to play with the Creedmoor and get away with shooting groups to easy myself down and relax. Come back and knock out the forth target! Alright back on my game up until I shoot the first round into the 5th target! Not sure about you guys but I hate to shoot the center of the target when I'm shooting groups. I always seem to stare at that hole and I always blow my groups because of that one POS hole!

Lessons learned: I shoot this rifle better with my 3x9 scope then I do with a higher power! I need to work on mental part as this comp really messed with my mind. Shooting 6 consecutive groups is far more difficult then just one! I wasted a lot of bullets on this then I thought I would.
whistle.gif

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics. If you need better ones I will dig the DC out and take some.

.361,.827,.596,.202,.595,.405 Avg.= .497

Rifle: DPMS Sweet 16 with a couple mods
Shot: Prone with bipod and rear bag
Load: 55gr Nosler BT, prepped LC01 brass trimmed to 1.760, CCI 400, 24.5grs 8208XBR, COAL of 2.255

Old pic of the rifle. Scope is set back a little more and a new bipod, trigger and KNS pins. Also took off that dam Tac latch! Other then that it's all the same.
</div></div>

Elfster, Your not the only guy snake bit this weekend. I did try for a 2nd 6 group string on Saturday. First two groups were fantastic. On the 12th shot the bolt failed to strip a round from the mag. I had sheared 3 lugs cleanly at the lug webs on my bolt. No pressure signs on the case, just a busted bolt, nothing else broken. To top it off my spare bolt was in the ammo can I left at the house, my day was over.

I have close to 1000 rds on this bolt. I've read this is not an uncommon occurrence with the Grendel due to the larger case head and thinner lug webbing, hence the spare bolt. Lesson learned, a spare doesn't do you much good if it's at the house.

There is always next weekend...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: squin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dmpowder you just upped the bar. That is a damn fine string. Going to be tough to beat a .202 group! Good example of why we have to measure outside to outside for bug hole groups. It would be a total guess at where center to center is.

Now I need to go do some reloading so I can take another shot at this next weekend. </div></div>

Trust me I already have more loaded up as I know the groups can and will be beat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
dmpowder that is some amazing shooting! I'll be the happiest person in the world if my AR shoots that well. </div></div>

Yeah the coyotes hate it! Kinda funny that gun is used more for coyote calling then anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, DMPowder. Way to outshoot all those GAPs, Larues, LMTs, etc. with a DPMS. Very nice shooting! </div></div>

They are all just names on the side! What sets the customs apart from the factory is the attention to details!

Thanks guys a lot but I know there is someone out there just lurking waiting to post theirs! I know I will be out trying again to better myself as I know my scores won't last long.
frown.gif

There is still that open spot and I wanna get my name there first!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Commander Shepard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin, which rifle is that on the left? I was going to say SR-25ECC but the barrel doesn't look right for it.</div></div>

M110'A1'

dmpowder, thanks for posting new pics.... you got to have top notch pics for top notch shooting. thanks again.

my new bolts are on the way so i can kick your A$$!!! JK

My LaRue 18" OBR arrives tomorrow...I will have challenge results after my weekend trip to the range!

AND?

Just never gets old.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blwn99x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heading to range in about 30 mins...
smile.gif
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dmpowder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Lessons learned: I shoot this rifle better with my 3x9 scope then I do with a higher power!
</div></div>

Aim small, miss small....

Fine shooting man, beautiful rifle too.

I don't think the right semi auto rifle was tested yet...you guys need to shoot a JP.

I sent an email to John Paul to let him know how my SCR-11 shot at the beginning of this year. Out of the box with some reloads put together with no thought of accuracy, load development, seating depth, etc., I just wanted to put a few rounds down range for fun.

This is what I got:

http://www.jprifles.com/4.2.php?document_id=396

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the right semi auto rifle was tested yet...you guys need to shoot a JP.

I sent an email to John Paul to let him know how my SCR-11 shot at the beginning of this year. Out of the box with some reloads put together with no thought of accuracy, load development, seating depth, etc., I just wanted to put a few rounds down range for fun.

This is what I got:

</div></div>

when will you be posting your results?

Elfster, here's the picture I was supposed to have up with my target. Obviously still dirty from the last range trip. I may actually have to clean it for once.

dsc6231k.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the right semi auto rifle was tested yet...you guys need to shoot a JP.

This is what I got:

</div></div>

when will you be posting your results? </div></div>

Open up the link so you can see the results. I'll gladly shoot a 5 shot group multiple times, possibly this weekend and post afterwards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the right semi auto rifle was tested yet...you guys need to shoot a JP.

This is what I got:

</div></div>

when will you be posting your results? </div></div>

Open up the link so you can see the results. I'll gladly shoot a 5 shot group multiple times, possibly this weekend and post afterwards. </div></div> I think we all have one group like that, here's mine
photo8.jpg

... the point of the op is to see if you can do it "all day long"... So please we invite you to post those results with honesty.....

wow, nice group. Do it 6 times in a row and get those results posted brother! damn those fliers! we could really use a JP in the mix. they make a damn good rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the right semi auto rifle was tested yet...you guys need to shoot a JP.

This is what I got:

</div></div>