• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing 140gr Hornady American Gunner (6.5CM) for hunting?

Wyzrd

Harder than a coffin nail
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Hi all,

I’m either going out tomorrow for opening day (depending on weather), or this next weekend to hunt some mulie bucks.
    I’ve had awesome accuracy out of both my 6.5CM rifles with the 140gr Hornady American Gunner rounds, and was curious if anybody has used these for hunting.? If so, how’d they perform? I know it’s all about good shot placement and that any bullet can down a critter. I’m just undecided on using those or sticking with my original plan of using the 140gr HVLD.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I killed a nice 100 lb sow last month with Hornady 6.5 American gunner, right behind the ear, didn't even wiggle. Shot it with a T3x with 17in barrel in almost complete darkness with a Trijicon Accupoint. There was no pass through

Reactions: deersniper
    On second thought, after having shot a coyote, a couple javelinas and hog, I think the American Gunner fragments upon impact into tough animals such as pigs. I think I'm going to switch to ELD-X. Love the American Gunner though, use them for PRS, such an economical, accurate round

I’m shooting the Hornady blacks out of my 6.5. Shot a 175lb deer. Dropped in tracks. I did a middle front shoulder shot. No exit wound. Tons of damage