• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1426 yard deer

Re: 1426 yard deer

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: qk78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly if you look at cazorps picture the "shots" are essientaly the same length and at what looks like to be the same angle. For that to happen the shots would have to be miraculously the same or something else happened like he stabbed it twice to illustrate his point. I didn't personally observe the shot or the aftermath so I'm gonna take the pesimistic induction approach and say the shots most likely didn't happen that way since I have never seen two wounds look like that in the past.
</div></div>

Hunting-CSI enters the scene..

It's two shots through the (high) shoulder, bullet is .30 Accubond 180 gr, so they have most likely already expanded a bit before hitting the rib cage + some permanent cavity added to it. If you were actually a hunter rather than someone just letting his mouth run, you would probably have seen shots like this before on animals..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug@Blackhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentelmen I enjoy reading ELR-Beyond 1000 yards, but I'm tired of seeing this fighting at the top of the list and maybe so are a lot of other people. This kind of continued BS is just what anti gun people love lets not give them pages of ammunition! It might be time to say calf rope and move on. Great shot by the way. </div></div>

MAYBE Ch'e and Cazorp are anti hunters ?
</div></div>anti hunting ,no way Tex .Anti certain hunting practices,yes sir!

I have shot Blesbok and springbok in Africa doing it. ( from a Helicopter )
It was great.

Oh ya, For ch'e
I also did it in New Zealand on Cham and Tahr ( but I actually got out of Helicopter before I shot the Tahr and Cham...)

HELI HUNTING IS GREAT!!!!!

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

Wadcutter you have me beat so far at distance, But I am coming over to your country to shoot long range next year. Here is my farthest shot so far.

1005YDSHOT.jpg

Hey cazorp guess what I went on my first hunting trip when I was 1 month old so yes I have been around hunting my whole life so been careful before you call out someones credibility!!! I even showed it to my friend who works for game and fish so he does do "hunting csi" and he said the same thing. I do think I figured out your problem why dont you go out and buy a love ewe (sheep sex doll) and relieve some of your stress ;-). Since you seem like the type of person whole is down for some animal loving.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: qk78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">be careful before you call out someones credibility!!! I even showed it to my friend who works for game and fish so he does do "hunting csi" and he said the same thing. I do think I figured out your problem why dont you go out and buy a love ewe (sheep sex doll) and relieve some of your stress ;-). Since you seem like the type of person whole is down for some animal loving. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: qk78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...he stabbed it twice to illustrate his point. </div></div>

And you think I shouldn't question <span style="font-style: italic">your</span> credibility? With your ridiculous last post, you're an insult to the subject, and especially to my intelligence..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot Blesbok and springbok in Africa doing it. ( from a Helicopter )
It was great.

Oh ya, For ch'e
I also did it in New Zealand on Cham and Tahr ( but I actually got out of Helicopter before I shot the Tahr and Cham...)

</div></div>

See the signature line.
That, sir, is not befitting of the title "hunting", maybe "killing" (and it will soon be illegal here to boot).

But thank you for sharing nonetheless. Glad to see you enjoyed your stay!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunterkiwi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot Blesbok and springbok in Africa doing it. ( from a Helicopter )
It was great.

Oh ya, For ch'e

<span style="color: #FF0000">HELI HUNTING IS GREAT!!!!!</span>

</div></div>

See the signature line.
That, sir, is not befitting of the title "hunting", maybe "killing" (and it will soon be illegal here to boot).

But thank you for sharing nonetheless. Glad to see you enjoyed your stay! </div></div>The worst thoughts come to mind with people that heli slaughter -hunting is not something that comes to mind with this word heli-get off your ass and track and learn rich guy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jheat308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was bad ass. I'm going for a 500 yard head shot on one of my doe tags. Will post vid too if I get it. </div></div>

Very unsportsman like. Plus it has encouraged other people like jheat308, who probably aren't capable of pulling off shots like that, to go out there and practice on live game.

Too many unknowns to risk wounding an animal.......

i was going to stay out of this but i cant resist.

I have been long range hunting for approx. 15 years, long before it became popular. I can tell you that with the proper equipment,training, and self discipline someone can make long shots and be ethical. I personally have made shots on deer out to 1500 yards. When i make a shot at long ranges it comes with a lot of preparation and patients. I will not shoot in winds over 5mph and soemtimes will wait days until the perfect shot becomes available. So i do believe that long shots are ok but with the ever growing long range community, i believe that we should focus on training and education.

I can remember a time when the archery communtiy went through the same growing pains.

Through my many years of time in the woods my observations have led to one conclusion. During the general firearms season in my home state the amount of gut shot and wounded deer that i have seen is actually sicking! The reason for this is that most of the general hunting population goes to Walmart and buys a box of 30-06 bullets, sights in on a pizza box, and goes hunting (how ethicial is this?)The end result is a high number of gut shot and wounded deer. i have seen a lot of wounded deer in the woods and bad shots at the processors. The long range shooting community is a special breed of hunters that has special equipment and advanced training to perform when it counts. Although, are community is growing so we must strive to educate and make our shooters have self Discipline before attempting long range shots, because if we dont we will fall into the above mentioned group of hunters.

I have also hunted all over the country with archery equipment and with many differant outfitters. In every camp that i have been in over the years there is always someone that wounds an animal. I sometimes wonder how ethicial archery is, but the archers stick together and are making a fortune doing it!!

I shoot with a team of four other hunters and i can say that in the last three years we have not wounded a single animal at ranges over 1000 yards.

Lets stick together, continue training, and educating are new shooters so that we can have a bright future .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stenger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was going to stay out of this but i cant resist.

I have been long range hunting for approx. 15 years, long before it became popular. I can tell you that with the proper equipment,training, and self discipline someone can make long shots and be ethical. I personally have made shots on deer out to 1500 yards. When i make a shot at long ranges it comes with a lot of preparation and patients. I will not shoot in winds over 5mph and soemtimes will wait days until the perfect shot becomes available. So i do believe that long shots are ok but with the ever growing long range community, i believe that we should focus on training and education.

I can remember a time when the archery communtiy went through the same growing pains.

Through my many years of time in the woods my observations have led to one conclusion. During the general firearms season in my home state the amount of gut shot and wounded deer that i have seen is actually sicking! The reason for this is that most of the general hunting population goes to Walmart and buys a box of 30-06 bullets, sights in on a pizza box, and goes hunting (how ethicial is this?)The end result is a high number of gut shot and wounded deer. i have seen a lot of wounded deer in the woods and bad shots at the processors. The long range shooting community is a special breed of hunters that has special equipment and advanced training to perform when it counts. Although, are community is growing so we must strive to educate and make our shooters have self Discipline before attempting long range shots, because if we dont we will fall into the above mentioned group of hunters.

I have also hunted all over the country with archery equipment and with many differant outfitters. In every camp that i have been in over the years there is always someone that wounds an animal. I sometimes wonder how ethicial archery is, but the archers stick together and are making a fortune doing it!!

I shoot with a team of four other hunters and i can say that in the last three years we have not wounded a single animal at ranges over 1000 yards.

Lets stick together, continue training, and educating are new shooters so that we can have a bright future . </div></div>

Can I ask you this - Why? Whats the thrill of a 1500 yd deer shot? Secondly, is it more ethical than a 500 yd shot, which would probably save you 90% of the time and preparations, and also increase your probability to a high 99,xxx% to actually bag the game with a first shot?

I also think you're missing the point when you play the blame-game and use the argument "30 yard shitty hunters also maim animals". What makes you think .30-06 Walmart-Bob doesn't get inspired and try a 600 yd shot, from what he see's on youtube or here? Its a bit like saying "we in the drive without seatbelt-community are a special breed, and we are very responsible while we drive without seatbelt obviously."

I am a very experienced shooter, with good equipment and long range knowledge. I have high moral standards and ethics while hunting and I chose to not take shots on live game beyond a few hundred yards. Does that make me a better or a poor hunter, compared to you?

Truth is, main reason, apart from the chancy part, is that I cannot get what the kicks or indulgence are, that steel or paper cannot give me?

So back to my original question, why?

This is the first thing that makes sense in all this. "The wolves and boars need exterminated". All the rest reads almost like what a baby shower gone bad would sound like. Who cares what a bunch of bitches have to say. If you made a good Clean shot (or 2), right on.

Smack talkers are pussy's and a dime a dozen. Let's all go to Charlies shoot and prove what's what. Otherwise leave the guy alone. He has backed up everything he said and it has been misconstrued by those jealous of his capabilities.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeo556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hands down, worst active thread on the forum!

</div></div>Thanks Jeo556 for reviving it -good one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeo556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hands down, worst active thread on the forum!

</div></div>Thanks Jeo556 for reviving it -good one </div></div>

Wasn't me Inspector Gadget, check the post(s) prior to mine. I was waiting for this thing to go away for weeks. Looks like someone had to come in and offer thier two cents after about 10 days of dormancy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunterkiwi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot Blesbok and springbok in Africa doing it. ( from a Helicopter )
It was great.

Oh ya, For ch'e

</div></div>

See the signature line.

But thank you for sharing nonetheless. Glad to see you enjoyed your stay! </div></div>

I do take pride in my trophy. I think you should tell all the people how your gov"t is flying over and poisoning all the Tahr and Chamois. They are needlessly killing them in mass quantities. I would rather people come over and pay money into your economy and heli-hunt, then see your own people slaughter so many.

Shame on anyone for saying how a man hunts is not hunting. It might not be for you, but it is for them.

What you guys do not realize is hunters are becoming the real minority. It is only a matter of time when our sport is no longer.....I do not care how a person hunts. That is his personal choice. Just as if a person does not want to wear a seat belt..... Everyone wants to jump on the band wagon an regulate or define hunting... Well, guess what they will and in fact they will until it is no more...

So all you hunters that want to bash a guy for long range hunting " you are wrong..." just like the guys that only shoot long bows, and say the compound guys are wrong. Just like bow hunters say rifle hunting is not real hunting. I good go on and on. I would really like to know who appointed anyone to say what is and what is not hunting...In fact I really think is all about EGO... People want to puff themselves up by saying they do it right... Or as in maybe this case some can not afford to do it so they want to knock it..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What you guys do not realize is hunters are becoming the real minority. It is only a matter of time when our sport is no longer.....I do not care how a person hunts. That is his personal choice. Just as if a person does not want to wear a seat belt..... Everyone wants to jump on the band wagon an regulate or define hunting... Well, guess what they will and in fact they will until it is no more... </div></div>

Wrong, people not wearing seat belts become the societies problem and cost when all goes wrong...

Same goes with hunting, if we hunt in a responsible manner, our action becomes more accepted by a broader mass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What you guys do not realize is hunters are becoming the real minority. It is only a matter of time when our sport is no longer.....I do not care how a person hunts. That is his personal choice. Just as if a person does not want to wear a seat belt..... Everyone wants to jump on the band wagon an regulate or define hunting... Well, guess what they will and in fact they will until it is no more... </div></div>

Wrong, people not wearing seat belts become the societies problem and cost when all goes wrong...

Same goes with hunting, if we hunt in a responsible manner, our action becomes more accepted by a broader mass.</div></div>

Stupid just stupid. For the record look up how many are paralized with the use of belts. Sure you can argue that being crippled is better than being dead but maybe.

Wadcutter, outstanding shooting and good on you for knowing the limitations of yourself and your equipment. A shot like this should NEVER even be thought about being attempted on a live target unless the shooter is experienced and competent at shooting to ranges like that. Know your gear, know your load, know YOURSELF! Practice, practice and practice some more!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What you guys do not realize is hunters are becoming the real minority. It is only a matter of time when our sport is no longer.....I do not care how a person hunts. That is his personal choice. Just as if a person does not want to wear a seat belt..... Everyone wants to jump on the band wagon an regulate or define hunting... Well, guess what they will and in fact they will until it is no more... </div></div>

Same goes with hunting, if we hunt in a responsible manner, our action becomes more accepted by a broader mass.</div></div>

Stupid just stupid. For the record look up how many are paralized with the use of belts. Sure you can argue that being crippled is better than being dead but maybe. </div></div>

Yeah, not wearing a seat-belt and being crippled by the airbag in a minor 20 mph crash is way better.. I bet you also consider shots fired on game from less than 1000 yds is for sissies..?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlowNoisyDeadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Know your gear, know your load, know YOURSELF! Practice, practice and practice some more! </div></div>

Agreed. Practice, practice and practice - and stay on just practice for that kind of distances...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlowNoisyDeadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Know your gear, know your load, know YOURSELF! Practice, practice and practice some more! </div></div>

Agreed. Practice, practice and practice - and stay on just practice for that kind of distances... </div></div>

Well it's none of my business how he hunts as long as its in a legal manner, nor is it yours. You can't force your will or opinion on another person and you shouldn't try to. Not saying don't throw your opinion out there, but let's not get carried away here. I personally wouldn't attempt a shit like this, but that's only because I wouldn't want to pack that bastard out of there
smile.gif
to each his own, I say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlowNoisyDeadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlowNoisyDeadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Know your gear, know your load, know YOURSELF! Practice, practice and practice some more! </div></div>

Agreed. Practice, practice and practice - and stay on just practice for that kind of distances... </div></div>

Well it's none of my business how he hunts as long as its in a legal manner, nor is it yours. You can't force your will or opinion on another person and you shouldn't try to. Not saying don't throw your opinion out there, but let's not get carried away here. I personally wouldn't attempt a shit like this, but that's only because I wouldn't want to pack that bastard out of there
smile.gif
to each his own, I say. </div></div>

Absolutely, I hope there isn't a need for a rule against long range shots, since hopefully it isn't a very common practise to even try. Ultimately there are situations where even I would extend my range, and a law against would be counter productive - for instance wounded game who needs to be put down asap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlowNoisyDeadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SlowNoisyDeadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Know your gear, know your load, know YOURSELF! Practice, practice and practice some more! </div></div>

smile.gif
to each his own, I say. </div></div>

Absolutely, I hope there isn't a need for a rule against long range shots, since hopefully it isn't a very common practise to even try. Ultimately there are situations where even I would extend my range, and a law against would be counter productive - for instance wounded game who needs to be put down asap. </div></div>

Definitely. It would be difficult to enforce as well. I seriously doubt this is a real common practice for most people, hopefully they don't get any wild ideas reading things like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What you guys do not realize is hunters are becoming the real minority. It is only a matter of time when our sport is no longer.....I do not care how a person hunts. That is his personal choice. Just as if a person does not want to wear a seat belt..... Everyone wants to jump on the band wagon an regulate or define hunting... Well, guess what they will and in fact they will until it is no more... </div></div>

Wrong, people not wearing seat belts become the societies problem and cost when all goes wrong... It is not societies problem, that is where the problem with the thinking comes from... People want to make it a society problem so they can push their views on everyone. This thread is a great case in point..

Same goes with hunting, if we hunt in a responsible manner, our action becomes more accepted by a broader mass. </div></div>

Wrong, I guess I should wear a seat belt on my motorcycle....

A society problem you have to be kidding.

Damn, you're playing me now, right? Citizens killed in vehicle accidents equals cost for emergency services, loss of tax income as well as loss of intellectual capital (well, perhaps not in all cases apparently.....).

For all I care, you can drive without belt and/or helmet all you like, but please don't try ELR Hunting, since other innocent bystanders may come to bodily harm due to your actions then..

"According to the International Hunter Education Association, approximately 1,000 people in the US and Canada are accidentally shot by hunters every year, and just under a hundred of those accidents are fatalities."...
-animalrights.about.com/od/wildlife/f/HuntingAccident.htm

Vehicle fatalities in the US for 2010- 32,708
-en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year

"On average...
• Police chases for non-violent crimes on average kill at least 3 innocent bystanders every week in the United States.
• This number increases to at least 5 innocent bystanders killed every week when added with fatalities due to police response calls"....
-pursuitsafety.org/mediakit/statistics.html

We should outlaw police too, I guess

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, you're playing me now, right? Citizens killed in vehicle accidents equals cost for emergency services, loss of tax income as well as loss of intellectual capital (well, perhaps not in all cases apparently.....).

For all I care, you can drive without belt and/or helmet all you like, but please don't try ELR Hunting, since other innocent bystanders may come to bodily harm due to your actions then.. </div></div>

Nice, you are more concerned about loss of Tax income. Well that makes perfect since. You gotta have that Tax revenue so you can hire useless Gov"t people to regulate useless situations and hinder more people rights....
And call it the better good for everyone....

I do HUNT ELR and I am getting better at it. Guess what IT IS MY RIGHT TO DO SO...

I can see how you can think innocent bystanders may come to bodily harm, here is a clip of your people hunting in your country....Notice how many it takes to kill one moose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgT6AYzuyGU

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah, not wearing a seat-belt and being crippled by the airbag in a minor 20 mph crash is way better.. I bet you also consider shots fired on game from less than 1000 yds is for sissies..?</div></div>

You can get off of your short sighted high horse. We get it you do not like long range hunting. Probably because you can not do it for one of any of a thousand reasons.

Yes we get it anything can happen as you fire the shot. Hell I have shot a few birds out of the sky while aiming at my target. Was I aiming at them or trying to hit them no? Did it happen yes. So using your fuzzy logic we should all use rifles that are capable of 1,000+yds and only shoot 100? Well sorry that is BS also. One of my friends and I were hunting coyotes and I looked over at him to tell him to shoot and as I did that a fly landed on his eye right as he was shooting. Did he hit the coyote? Hell yes! Right in the leg.

So riddle me this short ranger, how does shooting close range make a shot 100%?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So riddle me this short ranger, how does shooting close range make a shot 100%? </div></div>

There is no such thing as a 100% shot, a bullet can explode mid-air, a primer can malfunction, but I can guarantee you a high 99,xx% on a 100 yd shot - what can you guarantee on a 1000 yd shot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So riddle me this short ranger, how does shooting close range make a shot 100%? </div></div>

There is no such thing as a 100% shot, a bullet can explode mid-air, a primer can malfunction, but I can guarantee you a high 99,xx% on a 100 yd shot - what can you guarantee on a 1000 yd shot?</div></div>

If I take a long range shot yes I can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SagebrushShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I like extreme long range shooting, but I'm talking about hunting here. I am certain it was a competent shot, but that doesn't make it right, I mean - people like you might try to imitate it.

Regardless what, I call for bragging rights for the closest kill for the upcoming season, happy hunting and keep your distance ethical! </div></div>

Here's an idea, how about you live your life by your morals and ethics, and I'll do the
same! If the man wants to train himself to take a shot at a deer at 1500 yds, and then
does so, who am I to stop him?! Keep YOUR morals and YOUR ethics off of other people. He isn't hurting you, or any other human being by doing what he's doing so shut
your pie hole! </div></div>It appears Sagebrushshooter maybe your morals and ethics fall
way short of the mark when it comes to keeping in mind the animal which can so easily loose a jaw or take a gut shot and run .

1000 yard plus shots are hit and miss otherwise those that claim the fame would probably be our world champ shooters .

Hopefully you can arise to the heights of those that choose not to cause pain and suffering to game animals just to appease their prowess of long shots!! </div></div>

I'm pretty new to this forum group but I am a avid hunter been around it all my life. I jus Wana say first off great shot I'm nowhere near capable of that. Second I live in Louisiana and we don't really have anywereto do that. Third the morals that are in place are good on both sides his by knowing he can take the shot and yours by not wanting suffering. With that said the animals not Gina go to waste either way if you take it's jaw off it bleeds you track it same thing with a gut shot with that caliber rifle. Were I'm at we are still alowed to hunt deer with dogs some say it's unfair we say it's a way of life. I personaly have shot deer from 10 feet away to 700 meeters and I have to say the long shot is more of a challenge. Isn't that what were in it for challenge to kill? All in all the guy took a magnificent shot. Deer is no different than a human or anything else pain gets to great it shuts down. All this is my own opinion