• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 1st Annual Biggest RACK Contest Rules and Sign up

Re: 1st Annual Biggest RACK Contest Rules and Sign up

Many I wish we could have entered this from last year:

IMG_9303copy.jpg

USMC_03XX - Whitetail and unicorn

I love stuff like this - great idea!

Probably would have won. I saw the video and thought how awesome would that be to just sit in a stand at timber ghost and not even shoot anything, just watch!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many I wish we could have entered this from last year:

IMG_9303copy.jpg
</div></div>

deer next to nuclear power plants dont count!!!!
haha.
thas a nice one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rokbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wondering, do we post our bulls and bucks here. </div></div>

Affirm, please post your Bulls and Bucks here.

Closing time is Monday, Oct. 15th @ 11:59pm CST. If your thinking about signing up now is the time. What have you got to lose? I am sure the site sponsors will have some great prizes to award to the Hunter with the biggest rack! Happy hunting!

I added Blacktail to the Mule Deer category since their scored on the same sheet.

Cruizer mule deer

Edit post for pics!
Here you go, New Mexico mule deer.

626yd shot, 6.5-284, 140gr Berger, AAC Cyclone.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Measures 165 1/8</span>

dd43ac28d1fde6d355f114fe6f3f0978.jpg

4db2b7dc3cc16d2fc1f69e97459c8419.jpg

c373364769e67c9a11afab258f0d6fbc.jpg

jaredphone101312866.jpg

Well I don't think he'll win but hear is my 24" utah spike.
I was set up for 200 to 600 yard shots all day and only saw big bulls and cows. With 45 min. of shooting light left I decided to leave my ridge top and start working my way back the wheeler. Just after I got the bottom, I was waliking down the creek and heard a bugle above me. I stepped off the trail behind a small bush, 15 min. later a 4 point and 2 cows cameout of the trees 100 yards away with this guy. Everytime I was ready to shoot the 4 point would chase the spike off. After the last chase the spike stoped at 75 yards looking straight at me. I set the crosshairs on the soft spot on his chest and let the 180gr SST fly from my 300 ultra mag. The bullet hit the mark and he droped like a rock. The next day was 11 hrs to get him the 1.5 miles on my back and 6 miles by wheeler to camp each way. One hell of a solo hunt.

Be sure when posting your entries you read the contest rules. Because there are prizes being awarded I think that rules are necessary just to keep everyone honest.

Sorry,my bad. Please don't DQ me i think i can take this thing.
Good reminder for others, thank me later.

B Cart - Mule Deer

Sign-ups are closed. I will post more information tonite.

Alright Big-Game hunters Game On! Shoot em and post em for all to see. I updated the sponsors who are providing the winning prizes for each category in the rules. I will announce each winner at the conclusion and put you in contact with the sponsor. Good Luck!

Dang Nabbit! Why do I always find this cool stuff a moment to late!

Here is the Mule Deer buck I killed October 26th with my Remington 700 PSS at 509 yards in Utah. I took the picture with my Iphone, and can't find out how to make it show a time stamp..., but it was killed around 6:45pm on Oct 26, 2012.
photo.php

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B Cart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the Mule Deer buck I killed October 26th with my Remington 700 PSS at 509 yards in Utah. I took the picture with my Iphone, and can't find out how to make it show a time stamp..., but it was killed around 6:45pm on Oct 26, 2012.
photo.php
</div></div>

Link isn't working for me. Maybe someone can help this guy out with the pic. You also need to post up the B&C score.

Killed today October 30th. Saw and passed up some nice bucks earlier in the season, but tomorrow is the last day and he happened to be close to the truck. No trophy buy any means, but it is first blood for the new rifle. Berger 210 out of a weatherby 30-06 584 yards. Better than tag soup. (hard to read the paper though, pics look a lot better on the phone than on the laptop)
buck2.jpg

buck.jpg

I'd take that "medium" one in a heartbeat! NICE buck.

Here you go, New Mexico mule deer.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Measures 165 1/8"</span>

Gotta post the score. The score determines the winner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta post the score. The score determines the winner. </div></div>

Tentative score is 165 1/8. I will have a official scoring tomorrow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruizer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here you go, New Mexico mule deer.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Measures 165 1/8"</span>

</div></div>

Very nice buck!!!

11-12-12
Area 231
GAP Crusader .308
655 yards

photo.jpg

Category:
Typical American Elk

Minimum Scores:

Awards 360

All-time 375

Number of Points:

Greatest Spread:
46 inches

Total Deductions:
35 6/8 inches

Final Score:
296 2/8

Thats unofficial, Official score coming soon

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

I scored it at 172 6/8. Having never scored a deer before, I will have an official score before Jan 31.

EDIT: Cant get an "official" score until 60 days of dry time. Net score is in fact 172 6/8. <span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Gross is 181 6/8.</span></span>

Awesome deer!

Looking forward to more entries as most of the seasons are winding down. I only have muzzle loader season left to get it done.

thecupandect129.jpg

thecupandect130.jpg

Shot this tonight with a TC Omega at less than 30 yards.
100gr 777 and lightfield 300gr bullet/sabot.
I'll get a pic with the gun posted tomorrow.
I will also get a green score posted as soon as I can get a tape on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rthur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
thecupandect129.jpg

thecupandect130.jpg

Shot this tonight with a TC Omega at less than 30 yards.
100gr 777 and lightfield 300gr bullet/sabot.
I'll get a pic with the gun posted tomorrow.
I will also get a green score posted as soon as I can get a tape on it. </div></div>

Damn Rthur, terrific Buck brother!! Man I'd like to get back to Illinois and see Deer like that again. Been 13yrs since I been there and 4 years since I've seen a mature buck period. Of course I been feeling sorry for myself and haven't worked at it at all!!

Great job my friend!!

Thanks Dag, he was standing next to the ten at the top of this page when I shot him. He isn't a high scoring style but he has character for an hour glass rack.

I passed om this deer twice last year hoping to give him another year, got lucky and saw him again. You need to make it to Illinios in 13', there are many more to be had.

R