• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2nd Annual Snipers Hide Biggest Rack Contest

I requested a picture of the harvest tag from Cruizer to confirm the date and time and his entry will stand for the bull elk category. Please remember all who submit an entry that the date time stamp on the picture or I will also accept a picture of the state issued license for verification. This is necessary to protect the integrity of the contest due to the value of the prizes that are being awarded. Semper Fi and Happy hunting!

Sam

Haven't had him scored yet. Will get a official score this week.
473 yards
6.5-284 berger 140 hunting VLD
AAC cyclone
b29de6c04d1dc48ad110cf95319ebeee.jpg

24fad51b093a2d0c63f3b57f03b2fc3a.jpg

1666250e83dee19e65de0328725a0df6.jpg

648644231c280f006a2c328ee366bc12.jpg

Okay got a nice buck in Wyoming. Would some one help me post a pic? I got with 300 weatherby 260 yards. I can send email pic of tags to who needs to see it. Buck is a 6x5 mule deer. My email is
[email protected]. I will attach pic to email if you know how to post.

I have recv'd and verified Jason's(Bubb) carcass tag and his mule deer buck will stand as an official entry in the mule deer category. It is the responsibility of Bubb to provide a Boone & Crocket score for his entry prior the contest end.

He said spread Hurt inside is 19" and change. The beams are are 2o"ish... But he did say other than the one small point it's a clean 4x4 and a 160" 8 point is big any way you look at it! I'm still super happy with it. But hope to bust 180 next year.

ad7927f839a5bea054be1f5704784338.jpg

Same setup I used on elk.
6.5-284 140gr Berger hunting VLD
AAC cyclone
634yds broadside shot

168 3/8"

Last edited:
Waiting on taxidermist.
Muley should be low 170's high 160's at worst.
Elk should be mid to high 360's, maybe 370

Here is a picture of my 2013 Buck... Unfortunately I could not find an image with my rifle in it, but figured I would still share. But he was shot on opening morning of Missouri Firearms season with a model 70 Featherweight 30-06 with a 150 Grain SST. The weather was horrible for deer hunting and I got lucky being in the right spot at the right time.

I scored him at 151 2/8. He had broken off a 9" brow tine between the end of October and the beginning of November.

Nov. 21, 2013

124" Nice 6 1/2 year old management deer. 19 1/2" inside spread.

308 AI-AW 175 SMK. Dropped where he stood at 167 yards.

Still have one buck tag left, but this probably will be the biggest for me this year.

Last edited:
not going to win biggest score but has 11 and 8 inch brow tines old deer figure him at 6 plus. shot him at 275 with 6.5 creedmoor and 140 amax took a few steps and went down

Last edited:
Muzzy muley, Nov. 25, 2013. Gross without frame deduction was 193 and done by me, nothing official yet. Knight Disc extreme, 300 gr. TC shock wave, pushed by 110 grains of Hodgdon 777 ffg. Pic of tag will be sent to tireys. Semper Fi.

Update: 60 day dry period was today. Official B&C non-typical gross is 196 1/8". Non-typical net gross is 191 4/8", and typical net is 178 4/8". Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• 2013 muzzy deer SH2.JPG
    2013 muzzy deer SH2.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 24
  • SH3.JPG
    SH3.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Dead line pun intended is approaching for your biggest rack entries. If you didn't kill one with a big rack I hope you all at least put meat in the freezer! Be safe!

Pretty safe to say there are no more entries for the contest. I will give it until the morning and then I'll sort through all the post and post the winners for each category. Thanks for playing and there will be some big changes for next years contest.

The WINNERS!!! are

"WTW" Whitetail Buck scoring 151 2/8"

"HardCorpsHunter" Mule Deer scoring 196 1/8"

"Cruizer" Elk scoring 343 7/8"

Huge thank to all that signed up for the 2nd Annual Snipers Hide Biggest Rack contest! I enjoy it and I look forward to the 3rd annual contest and I am planning on making some changes that I hope will make the contest that much better.

Sam,

Thanks again for organizing this contest. And, a big thanks to Cooper Creek Cartridge Company for their contribution for the biggest mule deer. Yippie!

Semper Fi

I love doing it and unlike some other forums that have similar contests we have some awesome and generous sponsors. The prizes they offer up to those lucky enough to win are not cheap and are very practical. Thank you to everyone that signed up and Thank You to the sponsors that agreed to help out.

I want to thank Sam for making this happen and First Lite for their generous sponsorship. I received the Chama hoodie, red desert boxers and socks end of last week and just had to try them on. I was amazed at how light and comfortable everything was. I will say that when I am in the market for new camo I will be looking at First Lite!