• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

1st Build - What's missing?

mckelveymx

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Alabama
THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Trying to get the rest of my ducks in a row on my 1st build project. I'm missing a few odds and ends and can't think of all of them. Help me out and tell me what you think about what I have so far. Suggestions for what I'm missing (brands/parts) will be appreciated. Parts list as follows:

Mega Arms forged upper
Mega Arms Gator forged lower
Daniel Defense lpk
LMT sopmod stock and buffer tube (new take off)
LMT rubber pistol grip (new take off)
Slash's HSS + tungsten buffer (6.5 oz if I'm not mistaken) and extra power spring
Young Mfg national match BCG (full auto)
Rainier Ultramatch SS barrel 16" with midlength gas system in 223 wylde
BCM Gunfighter mod 4 charging handle
Daniel Defense Lite 12.0 rail
LMT buis (new take off)
AAC blackout flash hider
Have castle nut, Magpul end plate and trigger guard
Forward assist and dust cover are installed

Specifically, what odds and ends am I missing? What do you guys think about this setup so far? I haven't been able to decide on glass :-/

You have a nice collection of quality parts there, and it should assemble into a fine rifle. As to what's missing:

- A decent trigger. DD LPK trigger is ok for a GI style trigger, but I prefer the Geissele SSE trigger on a rig with accuracy potential.

- How are you going to sling it?? You will need something somewhere on the front rail to mount a 2-point sling.

- Gas block and gas tube??

- ACC blackout is a very effective flash hider, but I can't stand the tuning fork "PING". Again I prefer a simple Vltor VC-A1 or A2, but YMMV

Was thinking blue force gear or vtac sling with a tri-glide for single point if I like.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was not talking about which sling for to you to buy, rather I was trying to point out that you have nothing forward of your Sopmod stock as an attachment point for any sling or swivel at all..

Last edited: