• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1x fired .50 cal brass

jackinfl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2008
Fort lauderdale, Fl
What is the going rate for .50 cal brass? The reason I ask is that I found someone that has been taking it to the recycler instead of reloading it...
Thanks,
Jack

Re: 1x fired .50 cal brass

$.50 on the low end, some paying $1.00. Scrap price is down. Used to be a little over $.50 each scrap weight value.

If you pay him current scrap value then you'll be able to flip it for a bit of a profit no problem.

Also it depends on whether the primers are crimped also. Typically, I have seen around .60 to .70 per LC brass (one fired).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also it depends on whether the primers are crimped also. Typically, I have seen around .60 to .70 per LC brass (one fired). </div></div>

Assuming he is talking about .mil fired brass, it will be crimped. Do you have a large source for non-crimped once fired 50 brass?

Thanks guys I will see how much he has and if he wants to sell it instead of taking it to the scrap. It seems like a waste to me to scrap that stuff.

Again, Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also it depends on whether the primers are crimped also. Typically, I have seen around .60 to .70 per LC brass (one fired). </div></div>

Assuming he is talking about .mil fired brass, it will be crimped. Do you have a large source for non-crimped once fired 50 brass? </div></div>

No I don't have a large source for the non-crimped brass,but I have been fortunate enough to have a few hundreds that are not crimped.