• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2 observations this week.

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    First, Season 6 of Peaky Blinders (after waiting like what, 2 years for it?) is absolutely fucking abysmal. I'm literally fighting myself to watch it and I'm only on episode 5. it's so awful I want to punch whoever wrote this' child in the face.

Also, Bushmills is vastly superior to Jameson's in every way possible. I don't even know how these are compared to each other. I think Jameson's exists just to see who has absolutely no fucking idea about anything and can be talked into drinking literal garbage.

Carry on.

First, Season 6 of Peaky Blinders (after waiting like what, 2 years for it?) is absolutely fucking abysmal. I'm literally fighting myself to watch it and I'm only on episode 5. it's so awful I want to punch whoever wrote this' child in the face.

Also, Bushmills is vastly superior to Jameson's in every way possible. I don't even know how these are compared to each other. I think Jameson's exists just to see who has absolutely no fucking idea about anything and can be talked into drinking literal garbage.

Carry on.
    Kinda like how they ruined game of thrones. Waited two years for the final season and it was total ass.

Carry on.
    I thought Jamesons was only to be used in Irish coffee? Allowing the coffee to cover up the taste?

Just something I heard ;-)

Sirhr

Reactions: Beefmanne
    Is Bushmills the one with the hairy triangle on the label?

• Haha
    Reactions: 6.5SH
    So you are forcing yourself to watch a crappy TV show while drinking crappy alcohol?

Try Peanut Butter Whiskey and watch Mountain Monsters.

• Haha
    Reactions: yonuts and Dirty D
    So you are forcing yourself to watch a crappy TV show while drinking crappy alcohol?

Peanut butter whiskey is a special sort of garbage drink.

Redbreast is good, Jameson black is tolerable unlike standard Jameson.

But I'm a bourbon guy. I like my whiskey neat and I like it too have spice and flavor. "Smooth" whiskey is boring and worthless.

Jameson is garbage only to be used in Irish coffee.

Try yellow spot or if you can find it knappogue 21 is excellent.

British shows suck.
    images.png

So I have a legit bar in my house. Not like a man cave bar, like a real bar. There are a ton of bottles on it and they give me an excuse to buy new stuff and try it as well as have options of what to drink depending on my mood.

As I'm sure everyone has figured out, just because its a $600 bottle doesn't mean you'll like it at all. That's a huge problem I have with trying/buying new cognacs especially, because you basically can't taste them first anywhere and I'm not making a $500+ gamble every time to find out if its actually good or not.

From all of my professional testing, I seem to like the original Bushmills (have the 15 or 16? too) because its straightforward and isn't one of those whiskeys that seem to change flavors while you drink them like a gobstopper. I also seem to like the corn/raw cornflakes cereal taste which is exactly what you get from it.

Reactions: Average guy
    So I have a legit bar in my house. Not like a man cave bar, like a real bar. There are a ton of bottles on it and they give me an excuse to buy new stuff and try it as well as have options of what to drink depending on my mood.

As I'm sure everyone has figured out, just because its a $600 bottle doesn't mean you'll like it at all. That's a huge problem I have with trying/buying new cognacs especially, because you basically can't taste them first anywhere and I'm not making a $500+ gamble every time to find out if its actually good or not.

From all of my professional testing, I seem to like the original Bushmills (have the 15 or 16? too) because its straightforward and isn't one of those whiskeys that seem to change flavors while you drink them like a gobstopper. I also seem to like the corn/raw cornflakes cereal taste which is exactly what you get from it.
    Do this

skrewball-peanut-butter-whiskey__22450.1651490116.jpg

Mountain_Monsters_s1_404x228.jpg

PB was sort of anticlimactic 🤷🏼‍♂️

To me it was worse than the last 2 seasons of GoT.

Those seasons of GoT was like someone had a meeting and said, here are the 34 loose ends we need to tie up and you have 12 episodes to do it in. So the last seasons literally went from 1 plot arc to the other to the other with absolutely nothing in between. Then you had 1 full episode of nothing but midget barbie flying around on a dragon in circles lighting shit on fire over and over and over and over for no real purpose. But at least you didn't walk away wondering what happened with 3000 different things. It still fucking sucked though.

This current season of Peaky Blinders is slow as fuck, doesn't really have anything happen, anyone new thats introduced either has no real purpose, is boring or is just forced into the storyline. It doesn't even feel like the same show.

Reactions: Lawless

Those seasons of GoT was like someone had a meeting and said, here are the 34 loose ends we need to tie up and you have 12 episodes to do it in. So the last seasons literally went from 1 plot arc to the other to the other with absolutely nothing in between. Then you had 1 full episode of nothing but midget barbie flying around on a dragon in circles lighting shit on fire over and over and over and over for no real purpose. But at least you didn't walk away wondering what happened with 3000 different things. It still fucking sucked though.

This current season of Peaky Blinders is slow as fuck, doesn't really have anything happen, anyone new thats introduced either has no real purpose, is boring or is just forced into the storyline. It doesn't even feel like the same show.
    GOT went downhill after the red wedding. That was the pinnacle of that series.

GOT went downhill after the red wedding. That was the pinnacle of that series.

Every series has its bad parts, but I think it held on until the focus was basically midget barbie and her 'slavery bad!' crusade to free you by making you her slave instead. My wife actually loved it because we'd just talk about how she had ZERO plan and none of it was sustainable. It was actually a really good parallel to communism.

Im not into redheads, but anytime Malisandrae showed up, I was more than willing to give her whatever black magic ghost baby she wanted. Until she turned like 600 years old.

Spoken like a true poor
    Nah.

The booze market is a weird one. Any spirit that does mainstream advertising sucks. Any spirit owned as a whole or in part by a celebrity sucks. Any spirits that go “on sale” suck. If you don’t regularly drink that type of spirit and youve heard of it, it probably sucks.

The best bottles are the ones you have to search high and low for, not the ones on the top shelf with the highest price tags.

$100 is the sweet spot for a good bottle of whiskey. Maybe $200 for a select few. Every $500 bottle I’ve ever had has fallen way short of expectations.

Once you go over $200, prepare yourself for disappointment. Do a few blind tastings and see.

Nah.

The booze market is a weird one. Any spirit that does mainstream advertising sucks. Any spirit owned as a whole or in part by a celebrity sucks. Any spirits that go “on sale” suck. If you don’t regularly drink that type of spirit and youve heard of it, it probably sucks.

The best bottles are the ones you have to search high and low for, not the ones on the top shelf with the highest price tags.

$100 is the sweet spot for a good bottle of whiskey. Maybe $200 for a select few. Every $500 bottle I’ve ever had has fallen way short of expectations.

Once you go over $200, prepare yourself for disappointment. Do a few blind tastings and see.
    Haven’t drank in over 10 years, unless you count that mega beer at the Metallica concert couple years ago (can’t watch them and not drink at least one beer), so it all probably taste like trash to me. I can see where your post would probably make sense though

Ya take a couple of shots of vodka, a couple shots Galliano, a couple shots Kahlua....mix, put in large pitcher with ice, fill with Coke add a couple shots of 1/2 and 1/2 on top.
    Presto, the root beer float.
    She won't know what hit her....it tastes exactly like the old A&W root beer float, cannot taste any alcohol, at all.

Sounds Like you’d be fan of some authentic West Virginia moonshine. The kind you buy by the gallon out of the back of a 93 blazer.

Thats about as raw corn/ cornflakes as it gets.

Sit back... watch this... and then point out on the doll where Benny Hill Touched you...

After that, we move on to John Cleese. But that will take a sheep doll.

And Mr. Bean. You'll have to point out on the burning Jaguar where he touched ylu.

Sirhr

I like Monty Python better.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic

Just stop watching it ends dumb s hell

Every series has its bad parts, but I think it held on until the focus was basically midget barbie and her 'slavery bad!' crusade to free you by making you her slave instead. My wife actually loved it because we'd just talk about how she had ZERO plan and none of it was sustainable. It was actually a really good parallel to communism.

Im not into redheads, but anytime Malisandrae showed up, I was more than willing to give her whatever black magic ghost baby she wanted. Until she turned like 600 years old.
    Thats a fckn badass ginger step child man. Only been with one ginger in my younger days.. got drunk and cheated on her like a POS. Showed up to class with a hickey and that was the end of that. Scandalous man.. I try to spread the love of Jesus nowadays, hope it makes up for it.

God bless yall gentleman. Happy 4th

Attachments

• R.jpg
      R.jpg
      381.9 KB · Views: 62
    I am a Yellow Spot and Redbreast 15 man neat.....really any Irish single pot still 12 years+ but you have to have something for the times you slum a mxed drink. That is the purpose of basic Jameson. However, the upper end Jameson though blended is pretty good. Jameson Gold Reserve comes to mind.

Try Macallen or 18, Glenmorangie 16. Single malts for me, no blends. For cognac Hennesey XO is lighter and a little sweet, Otard XO is a little darker and a little smoky, while Martel hits the right spot for me. Buffalo Trace isn't so bad, Woodford Reserve either.

WTF is Peaky Blinders? English slang for pointy tits?