• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 24-HOUR SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE

Re: 2012 24-HOUR SNIPER ADVENTURE CHALLENGE

My wife used to say that either you were having a great time, or getting a great story. I suspect that some great stories may emerge from this competition.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G-TAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Survivability for the prepared individual is 75% mental, 15% skill, 5% physical ability, and 5% luck." Start your mental prep now. PT, study, and change you socks.</div></div>It is proven how far a disciplined mind can take a man who is not particularly strong, or brave. Gaugin wrote that there is salvation only in extremes. What he meant was that, on a more visceral level, humans transform themselves only through suffering. I suspect that although the denominations are different, the currency is the same.

"It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." -- Paul "Bear" Bryant

Note-

There will be a refundable deposit of approx $130 required for the issued radio gear: cash or check at check-in. Full refund when you return it in working order.

If you want to use your own radio (VHF), contact me privately.

-z

This a link to a 1:25K map of the race area. I highly suggest you purchase one and start your map recon now. We will issue a 1:50k for the race, but you can still bring your own 1:25k if you want.

any chance any one is going from the northern virginia area and has time to do some training in the new year?

Tag. This looks like something I'd be very interested in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt2143</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any chance any one is going from the northern virginia area and has time to do some training in the new year? </div></div>

Yes, I'm leading "Team Trebark" and we are from NoVa.

Question!
If I or anyone else has a team mate bail out before the competitionj
Can he/she be replaced with an alternate and can the entry fee be applied to the alternate?
Thanks

You goddamn american sons of bitches get all the cool shit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: northern shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You goddamn american sons of bitches get all the cool shit </div></div>

As far as I know we are not precluding non-US citizens from attending. Zak?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mendocino</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: northern shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You goddamn american sons of bitches get all the cool shit </div></div>As far as I know we are not precluding non-US citizens from attending. Zak? </div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No problem with attending the competition itself.</div></div>Oh shit: If the '2' Aussies show up we're screwed.
laugh.gif

I'm deeply interested in attending, but completely lacking in land nav education or skills. The challenge is attractive, even if I'm not up to a competitive level of skill. Will individuals who register by themselves be teamed up, or are team applications the only ones accepted?

^ you can find a lot of useful info on getting started in MGRS navigation on the Internet, especially on YouTube. I'm former marine corps and was taught MGRS navigation in SOI, but that was almost 12 years ago, so I was rusty to say the least. A quick trip to YouTube and I was good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G-TAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This a link to a 1:25K map of the race area. I highly suggest you purchase one and start your map recon now. We will issue a 1:50k for the race, but you can still bring your own 1:25k if you want. </div></div>

I don't see a link. Am I missing it? Lol

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bass Ackwardz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G-TAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This a link to a 1:25K map of the race area. I highly suggest you purchase one and start your map recon now. We will issue a 1:50k for the race, but you can still bring your own 1:25k if you want. </div></div>

I don't see a link. Am I missing it? Lol

Bill </div></div>

The links are the "buttons" across the top of the 24 SAC page: http://www.competition-dynamics.com/24-hour-sniper-adventure-challenge-2012/map.php

or maybe this is what you seek: http://www.competition-dynamics.com/24-hour-sniper-adventure-challenge-2012/nav.php

This should work.

G-TAC's post was referring to the link I posted a couple up from his. The link in my prior post is the same one I have a link to on the NAV tab on the match web site. Anyway, it's here http://www.mytopo.com/review.cfm?mytopoid=72956998BC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will individuals who register by themselves be teamed up, or are team applications the only ones accepted?</div></div>
You have to sign up as a team. I would suggest using this thread if you are looking for a partner. It is very important to have time to plan, train, and prepare with your partner prior to the match. To not do so almost guarantees failure.

I was really looking forward to this but I just got word i am going back to the sandbox again. Nothing like that news after just getting home in September.

Well looks like I need to find a partner here in the KC, Mo. area. If anyones interested, this will be one of the first long range matches I have shot. Plan to shoot several this year.

Bill

Zak/G-Tac-

Is the entire match going to be on Sniper Country land or will it going into surrounding land? Doing my IPB and wanted to set my AO boundaries.

Thanks,

-James

The match will on Sniper Country property, about 90% of which is shown on map. There will be some travel on county dirt roads not depicted on the map. You can use whatever color light you want for the night movement, as long as it doesn't violate rule number 1: "Don't be gay." If you are using this event as some sort of selection prep, then you can go with no light. It's your call.

Received my Topo maps today and got a brief look before having to resume work: It looks like high desert, with peaks at 6000+ feet. I assume any streams are dry up there during the dog days of summer so we will have to carry our own water, right?

This is going to be EPIC. I've never looked forward to helping run a match so much.
I look forward to meeting a lot of you guys. It's nice to put a face to a screen name.

Lindy are you coming?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might want to brush up on basic lock picking, pad locks, combo locks and hand cuffs. Think E&E scenario. Also knots are a good thing to know.
</div></div>

Got it. Will bring my Houdini skills!

The more and more you guys post about this makes me want to do it even more.... Damn, I need to find a partner!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might want to brush up on basic lock picking, pad locks, combo locks and hand cuffs. Think E&E scenario. Also knots are a good thing to know.
</div></div>

And <span style="font-style: italic">now</span> it's starting to get kinky.

I'm definitely going to have to make it...

I'm the most excited for this competition than I have ever been for any event. I will be at a SWAT sniper school 2 weeks previous but I'm going to do my best to make it. I reeeely want to come out and play.

This comp is sounding like a combination of sniper material, SERE material, RSLC material and a brutal land navigation course that you would find at SFAS or CAG.

I just dub it "The Tactical IronMan competition" lol.

Zak, Thanks for putting on this type of match. I've been looking for something like this and will be signed up the second it becomes available. We're stoked about the whole concept.This'll be the highlight of the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G-TAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will be able to refill water at some of the CP's.</div></div> But feel free to drink your own urine at anytime.

I really want to do this, but the wife is expecting in July, so no travel for me! If you do this again in 2013 or later in 2012, count me in.

Thanks Zak, I'll definitely look more into that one. I shot with a Hide member yesterday who told me about the monthly matches in Raton, starting in Feb next year. I'd really like to try my hand at one of these soon. Also, he let me shoot a couple of his rifles with one of your suppressors. That was the first time I'd shot a suppressed weapon and I was blown away! I must have one now for my .308 bolt gun. Simply amazing product! I'll be saving up for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G-TAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G-TAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will be able to refill water at some of the CP's.</div></div> But feel free to drink your own urine at anytime. </div></div>Cory, then is this also permitted?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtIG4TuVnvg
laugh.gif

Not sure if covered, but what does the prize table look like?

It's too early to give a lot of detail since most of the sponsor work will happen at the SHOT Show (mid Jan) and the first two months of 2012. We already have several major sponsors lined up.

I wrote this on page 2-- "Just a final note, our sponsor and promotions director has great plans for all these matches in 2012, so our prize tables should be fantastic. He pulled together a $35k+ prize table in only 3 months for the 2011 TB Team Challenge, so I know he can make it happen."

The Sniper Adventure Challenge is also going to bring in some sponsors that aren't typical rifle match sponsors, but have more to do with the other aspects of the event.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bulamike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if covered, but what does the prize table look like? </div></div>
We are working on the 2012 season and expect it to be great. Here is what we did last fall.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fG9P-QVr5K8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fG9P-QVr5K8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I got my maps, started a training program, been hitting the range.
But now my partner is getting cold feet.
Anyone in the Indiana (indianapolis) area need a partner (me).
I am not a Military Professional! But I can shoot and Shoot Well, I can Navigate as well. But going from 900ft. elev. up to 5,000 + ft. is gonna hurt!!