• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2012 TPRC

Re: 2012 TPRC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH Gina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For All Competitors:

It was brought to our attention recently that the squadding over the last three years was not "fair". Scott had bent over backwards on most occasions to put people on squads with the folks they'd requested to be squadded with. This year, we will be making squad selections differently. Although we have NEVER had a squad of "dirt shooters" or a whole squad of top shooters, we wanted to make sure there was no appearance of either this year. Squadding will be done by random drawing. All names will go in a hat. Shooters will be placed in squads in the order their names are selected. For example: name #1 goes on Alpha Squad, name #2 goes on Bravo Squad, name #3 goes on Charlie Squad, name #4 goes on Alpha Squad, etc.

With the squadding being done this way, please make sure you have all the gear you will need with you because you may not be shooting with your buddy so you won't be able to borrow his or her gear.

Any questions on this can be directed to [email protected] </div></div>

Would be nice to let all the women hang out and shoot together or be able to shoot with friends, travel buddies, or family. Sucks a few ruin it for the everyone else. $0.02

I think thats a great way to do the squads. No one can complain it wasnt fair, thats for sure. I cant wait to come down and play in the AZ dirt. Its going to be a nice change from the snow we already have..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH Gina</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For All Competitors:

It was brought to our attention recently that the squadding over the last three years was not "fair". Scott had bent over backwards on most occasions to put people on squads with the folks they'd requested to be squadded with. This year, we will be making squad selections differently. Although we have NEVER had a squad of "dirt shooters" or a whole squad of top shooters, we wanted to make sure there was no appearance of either this year. Squadding will be done by random drawing. All names will go in a hat. Shooters will be placed in squads in the order their names are selected. For example: name #1 goes on Alpha Squad, name #2 goes on Bravo Squad, name #3 goes on Charlie Squad, name #4 goes on Alpha Squad, etc.

With the squadding being done this way, please make sure you have all the gear you will need with you because you may not be shooting with your buddy so you won't be able to borrow his or her gear.

Any questions on this can be directed to [email protected] </div></div>

TPRC Cre -

I think this is a great idea. As LV Shooter said, we did this at the Las Vegas match and it worked out well. Not only does it make the field "fair" by placing shooters randomly on the line ... it guarantees that you'll meet some new shooters and that's what it's all about.

Looking forward to the February TPRC - it's always a great time (regardless of the weather) and I'll look forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new folks as well :)

Bear

After a bit more thought, we've made a slight change in how we're going to do the squadding. Some of us were at Rifles Only earlier this month and really liked how they did their squadding. So... we have poker chips numbered 1 to 75. They're all going in a Crown Royal bag. Saturday morning, we'll line you up and YOU get to pull your shooter number. That will also determine what squad you're on.

We think it will have the same end result, but we didn't want any appearance that we were selective in the squadding selection at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the idea of mixing everyone up. That what I did at my last big match. </div></div>

Hmmmmm very nice idea for starting 2012!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH Gina</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Three women signed up (not including Gina). Hats off to them. </div></div>

I'll be enjoying myself as an RO in the wash again this year.
grin.gif
For the record, this is first year we've had ladies shoot the TPRC. </div></div>

She called me a lady
smile.gif

Can't wait to hang out and shoot with some classy women!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what hotel are you guys staying?</div></div>

The same one you are.

Three weeks out and things are shaping up nicely. We've been putting in loads of requests for better weather this year. From what we heard at the SHOT show, if we do have rain, everyone will be ready.

Matt and I are working on a side match that will benefit AmericanSnipers.org. You won't need any extra ammo for this one, just your best game face and an ego that can withstand looking like a goofball. Let's just say we're calling it the TPRC "Top Shot" Challenge at this point. $10 per person to participate and it'll be held before the awards ceremony. Should be a lot of fun (even if no shopping carts are involved this time).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. We're in. No FB pics!
</div></div>

No promises on the pictures RJ. LOL! It's all for a great cause, and I'm glad ya'll are up for the challenge. I promise it'll be fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH Gina</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. We're in. No FB pics!
</div></div>

No promises on the pictures RJ. LOL! It's all for a great cause, and I'm glad ya'll are up for the challenge. I promise it'll be fun. </div></div>

I yell at the TV watching them throw rocks on Top Shot, so now it's put up or shut up!

we'll see how many folks punch themselves in the nose working the wrist rocket like Regina did today, and cocking the BB gun and gettin saved by the brim of her hat from a front sight puncture wound to the forehead... too funny, we all almost pee'd our pants laughing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LH Gina</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL. We're in. No FB pics!
</div></div>

No promises on the pictures RJ. LOL! It's all for a great cause, and I'm glad ya'll are up for the challenge. I promise it'll be fun. </div></div>

I yell at the TV watching them throw rocks on Top Shot, so now it's put up or shut up! </div></div>

Some of their stages were definitely inspiration for this.

And Tim: no pictures, no proof... but my nose does still hurt. I blame my liberal mother.

Can't wait! Had a quick last ditch practice session this moring, and now im headed to the reloading room for what seems to take at least a week!!

Practice??? You mean we are suppose to practice. Hell I don't even have one round loaded. I don't even know if my rifle is zeroed. Well I'll still have fun

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kahles USA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tickets bought and demo rifle packed,we will see everyone there
</div></div>

Very cool! Looking forward to catching up with ya in AZ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim3gun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we'll see how many folks punch themselves in the nose working the wrist rocket like Regina did today, and cocking the BB gun and gettin saved by the brim of her hat from a front sight puncture wound to the forehead... too funny, we all almost pee'd our pants laughing. </div></div>

That's freakin funny. I got my ass kicked by my son's bb gun once. He laughed mercilessly. I can laugh about it ... now
blush.gif

jerry

How many rounds is this match? I just checked and I've got 180 cases. Can I do this match with 180?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaliShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many rounds is this match? I just checked and I've got 180 cases. Can I do this match with 180? </div></div>

You can but you'll probably give up about 100 points. 200 minimum, I would have a few extra just in case, sight in, etc.. You did read all the match info right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaliShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many rounds is this match? I just checked and I've got 180 cases. Can I do this match with 180? </div></div>

I'm in the same boat. I thought I had the 200 but nope! I'll make do with what I bring, just try to miss less than I normally do!!!!

Maybe Gina will let us borrow a wrist rocket to finish up

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaliShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many rounds is this match? I just checked and I've got 180 cases. Can I do this match with 180? </div></div>

I'm in the same boat. I thought I had the 200 but nope! I'll make do with what I bring, just try to miss less than I normally do!!!!

Mick</div></div>

What's with you never having enough ammo to finish a match?????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaliShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many rounds is this match? I just checked and I've got 180 cases. Can I do this match with 180? </div></div>

Mick</div></div>

What's with you never having enough ammo to finish a match?????

</div></div>

I could list excuse after excuse but,

I got nothin!

Mick

t-4 hours to launch. See you all soon. And thanks for ordering nicer weather this year
laugh.gif

jerry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Getting Close!
2012-02-10_18-38-13_587.jpg
</div></div>

I like that Eric!

I just went for a few hours as a spectator. I just took some pics and tried to stay out of the way.

WHAT A COOL MATCH!!!!!

you guys did a great job building props and organizing everything!

PRGC-TRPC-231.jpg

And at the same time on the same facility the biggest NRA/CMP/Olympic bullseye pistol shoot in AZ was being held! (we need more parking
smile.gif
)

Poole

I'm sure Gina, Tim, and/or Scott will be along with the official results but here is a pic of the overall at the end of the match.

The AZ crew put together an amazing match! Challenging with a stellar lineup of competitors and the weather couldn't have been better. Great job everybody!

pg1_1.jpg

pg2_1.jpg

The match was very well run like usual. Scott and his crew do a great job every year and this might have been the best TPRC to date IMO. I'd like to thank all of the sponsers who gave so much in times, the prize table was great. Thanks to all of the range crew that gave up their weekend and who knows how many others getting ready for the match.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made this happen. Very fun match. Well run and organized.

Congrats to the winners and top finishers!

And to everyone in my squad who helped me with my ammo issues and was supportive a big Thank You to all from shooter #50

I had a great time spotting and working in the wash. Everything went very smoothly and kept moving at a great pace. TPRC was very well executed. AZ LRPRS doesn't mess around.

Was an honor to RO so many great shooters!!

Also I cannot say how impressed with the Sin City guys' dedication to helping our little club! I cant think straight, so I don't have a count, but more than a handful of their guys gave up their opportunity to shoot the TPRC2012 in order to help us put it on.
That right there is an outstanding example of the shooting community we have here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was an honor to RO so many great shooters!!

Also I cannot say how impressed with the Sin City guys' dedication to helping our little club! I cant think straight, so I don't have a count, but more than a handful of their guys gave up their opportunity to shoot the TPRC2012 in order to help us put it on.
That right there is an outstanding example of the shooting community we have here!

</div></div>

By my count that is two nice things you have ever said Steve. Reading self help books or something?

Seriously though, I had a great time spotting on the long range section. The competitors were stout, were all very appreciative, and fun to be around. Good job to Matt, and Mike who designed and seamlessly ran the long range. Kudos to Scott for being the honcho in such a successful outing, and last but not least the wives in the scoring room. Under appreciated and very hard working. One shoots pretty damn good too!

Also I have to issue an apology. During the side BB gun match, I kinda board checked Aron Suzuki hard on the way to the line. He is my best bro going on 4 years now, and it didn't seem right to not mess with him publicly. No unsportsman like conduct was intended. Just a little jack-assery.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a great time spotting and working in the wash. Everything went very smoothly and kept moving at a great pace. TPRC was very well executed. AZ LRPRS doesn't mess around. </div></div>

Dittos. The AZ LR Team is tops in my book. The wash rocked as usual! Good hanging out with great folks and some of the best shooters in the country.

See you guys soon.

mark

Big thanks and congratulations for a great match!

Even though it would have been fun as hell to shoot, it was a total pleasure to be a small part of such a cool deal. The shooters were awesome! It was a hoot to meet, watch and spot for y'all. The AZLRPRS gang did great job and were amazing hosts as always.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also I have to issue an apology. During the side BB gun match, I kinda board checked Aron Suzuki hard on the way to the line. He is my best bro going on 4 years now, and it didn't seem right to not mess with him publicly. No unsportsman like conduct was intended. Just a little jack-assery. </div></div>
I'm just pissed I didn't think of it first. Retribution blueprint is underway...

For any of the ROs, photos from the RO match are posted here...

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyRJat2