• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 JP Rifles/ Mammoth Sniper Challenge

Re: 2013 JP Rifles/ Mammoth Sniper Challenge

We all have to use the provided laser. Last year it sure wasn't a vectronix, but it worked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tofst4u2no</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's probably only allowable to use the one provided to keep a level playing field </div></div>

I understand your thought process.... but....

By that logic we would all shoot the exact same weapon, scope, ammo, etc....</div></div> Then you would loose your advantage, the ammo part.

I am excited to do this, I put some mileage on the boots today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tofst4u2no</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's probably only allowable to use the one provided to keep a level playing field </div></div>

By that logic we would all shoot the exact same weapon, scope, ammo, etc.... </div></div>

Your spot on with this comment, besides real snipers use LRF. Aaah what the hell, seems about as fair as having a practice match for those who are local....
Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tofst4u2no</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's probably only allowable to use the one provided to keep a level playing field </div></div>

By that logic we would all shoot the exact same weapon, scope, ammo, etc....</div></div> Then you would loose your advantage, the ammo part. </div></div>

True. Can you guys suspend ammo sales until after the match? I need every advantage I can get.
smile.gif

The range finders in this match have always been provided and no competitor can use their own.

As far as a practice match, when did that take place? We had a practice shoot with targets set out from 300 to 1000. I am only person who knows what the stages consist of and the practice shoot was nothing more than laying on a line and getting dope on your rifle. Nothing was remotely close to what is in the match.

If you have specific questions about something then they could easily be answered by emailing me like stated before. I don't stay on the Internet all the time so I can only answer them when I check the site. I check my email all the time.

Fair enough, I should have emailed about the practice match rather then asking on here.
Thanks for the clarification.
Brandon

Are there any updates on the match being full? Slots available?

We have 59 teams. There is one slot left open. A team had to back out today.

Looking forward to this. Never shot any competition and haven't shot much long distance at all. Just added an upper and stock to my M4 setup. Mainly this will be to learn and practice for the 24Hour Sniper Challenge and Survival TrialIV. Looking forward to hanging with all of you shooting geeks and learning. We will be shooting with "house sticks" and production ammo. Teamwork, comraderie, and practice will be the gauges for success for us. Take it easy on a couple of wanna-bees.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bass Ackwardz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, I will be the nice guy and post up a gear list. Some people will pack more, some will pack less, but this is my list. It all fits in a Kifaru Pointman pack, except my sleeping bag is strapped on the bottom of the pack.

3-10rd AW Mags
Rear bag
Kestrel
Vectronix terrapin
iPod touch w/earbuds
Solar charger
PRS tripod
Small cleaning kit with allen wrenches
Surefire earplugs
Oakley sunglasses with low light lenses
Nalgene water bottle or water bladder
Lg drysack
5-gallon ziplock bags
Rain jacket and pants
6prs socks
6prs underwear
Small first aid kit w/moleskin
gloves
knit hat
ball cap
Rite in the Rain pad
protein bars
jerky
trail mix
half of my ammo
tent
sleeping bag
flashlight/head mounted maybe
fleece pullover
softshell jacket

Rifle w/sling and suppressor w/cover
Good waterproof boots

In the 2x2x2 box
Jetboil stove with fuel
coffee
MH freze dried food pouches for 4 meals
2 sporks
2 cups
2nd half of our ammo

Obviously depending on weather, the rain gear could be eliminated, or you may need more layers if its colder. Use the 2x2x2 box to its fullest potential and you can carry less.

Bill </div></div>

Now I know where I'll look for extra undies and flatware
grin.gif

and not for food.... I eat more than 4 times in 3 days...

Getting close!!!! Think this cooler weather headed east will stick around until then?

I think it will be like the first mammoth!!!!!!! At least I hope it is
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it will be like the first mammoth!!!!!!! At least I hope it is
smile.gif
</div></div>
P you are a sick monkey

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it will be like the first mammoth!!!!!!! At least I hope it is
smile.gif
</div></div>
P you are a sick monkey
</div></div>

I know right? The Dave and I will be kicking in the heated Jeep this time
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had ovaries I would stay in the Jeep too.

.....baaa-zing </div></div>

Wait......I seem to remember a cold winter night at the first mammoth........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pffft I am glad the cold weather is hitting now. It did the same thing last year and warmed right back up (fingers crossed).
</div></div>

I hope you didn't just jinx the whole thing!

The tough man division is cancelled. All the teams that were signed up for that division have been notified and have switched divisions. The money for the tough man rolls over to the extreme division.

It was not logistically possible to run 7 teams in squad for this match. All of this teams are ok with it, so there is no reason for any Internet input.

We have 30 extreme teams, 27 regular and 3 of the tough man teams making their division decision today.

We have teams on the wait list so if for any reason someone can't make it please let us know ASAP.

Squad list will not be posted. Approximate round count will be out in before Christmas.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had ovaries I would stay in the Jeep too.

.....baaa-zing </div></div>

Wait......I seem to remember a cold winter night at the first mammoth........ </div></div>

That was the "CBS Sports Commentators Booth" thank you very much.

Man I wish I would be able to make this match. It sounds like a blast. You guys have fun.

Yeah, your going to miss a good one that for sure.

M.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHeb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I wish I would be able to make this match. It sounds like a blast. You guys have fun. </div></div>

With the demise of the Tough Man and "the money for the tough man rolls over to the extreme division" does the TM JP Rifle prize also go to Extremes?

If so, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth shooting the regular division as far as prizes go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If so, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth shooting the regular division as far as prizes go. </div></div>
I will be really curious to see what the field looks like in both events, could be rather interesting. I orignally thought the best shooters would shoot the Std. Class, but I could be wrong due to large prize table. I just hope the conditions are fair, I would not mind a little wind though, being from Kansas I have hardly ever shot with zero wind conditions.
Brandon

The jp rifle from the tough man will go to the extreme division. It was going to the winner of the tough man division anyway. We have 31 teams in the extreme and 31 teams in the regular division.

There is a second JP rifle that will be on the prize table and also another rifle with plenty of other great prizes.

There are great shooters in both divisions. I will say this, the last two winners are in the extreme division and there are people that have finished in the top five previously in both divisions.

Very good to know, I was thinking about trying to talk my partner into rushing a kit together and switching to ETM.
smile.gif

If you want to switch then I need to know ASAP. There will be no last minute switching at registration.

We have confirmed Barrett Firearms as a sponsor for the match. We worked it out so they will be having a side shoot during the match with their gun.

Also, they have stepped up and all competitors will be given 4 drink tickets when they sign into the match. The tickets will be able to be used in the winery at the lodge. Each is good for a draft beverage. If no one drinks then you can give your tickets away at your will.

Will they deliver the beverages to the campsites?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they deliver the beverages to the campsites?
smile.gif
</div></div>

THIS LMAO!!!

I need to get David and Jim hammered so I can tie them to a tree as they sleep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they deliver the beverages to the campsites?
smile.gif
</div></div>

THIS LMAO!!!

I need to get David and Jim hammered so I can tie them to a tree as they sleep. </div></div>LOL....seems I remember someone else being threatened with being tied to a tree right before a match!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they deliver the beverages to the campsites?
smile.gif
</div></div>

THIS LMAO!!!

I need to get David and Jim hammered so I can tie them to a tree as they sleep. </div></div>LOL....seems I remember someone else being threatened with being tied to a tree right before a match! </div></div>

That plan is still active Bmarc!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they deliver the beverages to the campsites?
smile.gif
</div></div>

THIS LMAO!!!

I need to get David and Jim hammered so I can tie them to a tree as they sleep. </div></div>LOL....seems I remember someone else being threatened with being tied to a tree right before a match! </div></div>

That plan is still active Bmarc! </div></div>

ssatt and I will not be stopped. Last years 2nd left us hungry for another 1st.

We plan to use the Dave for fire wood.

Oh The Dave has got some "wood" for ya!

I will bring u all the beverages you need to the camp site. We just got a new batch. It is very week and you should be able to drink a quart or maybe two no sweat.

Well cool!! I was planning on stuffing a six pack in our box but looks like I don't have to worry about that now. Thanks Barrett guys!!!

One thing for the extreme teams. No one can bring you anything out to the campsite. I hope everyone understands this. That is why your given a box to pack. If anyone is caught with the aide of someone else then you just wasted your time in the match.

I was just kidding about the beer delivery Joe. Hopefully we can take a swig from Todd's flask of home brew w/o getting dq'd! We've got to put Jim's CPAP in the box in the spot we were planning to stash our brown water
eek.gif

I am not saying I can't bring things to the campsite, just saying.

Was thinking of throwing a small chainsaw in our box to cut some firewood. Any if another team brings some fuel and another brings bar chain oil we should be set. If you think im serious I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale as well.