• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2013 thunder valley precision shoot dates

Hey Tom, We have 6 shooters coming up from Ky on Sunday for open range day. If anything changes with the schedule please let us know. Thanks

Anyone have a pic of the score sheet from Saturday that you could post or send to me? For some reason the pic I took didnt work.

Thanks

Last edited:
Anyone have a pic of the score sheet from Saturday that you could post or send to me? For some reason the pic I took didnt work.

Thanks

I took/have pics, what email would you like them sent to? Or could probable text them.
Jeff

Congratulations to Sako Bob for an outstanding performance today at Thunder Valley on the Head Hunter with a score of 16 which was head and shoulders above the rest. It was a beautiful but very windy day with extremely difficult conditions for shooting which is reflected by the low scores on the score sheet. Great job to all who came out and endured the challenge. It was truly a fight for every point.

Here are some pictures from today's match.
photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

Sako Bob! The man and his machine in action. Looks like he was praying to the shooting gods. Must have been how he got that score.

photo-XL.jpg

Sorry I missed it. Had a little car trouble and didn't want to risk driving that far.

Congrats to Bob with the great score on the HH. Sundays wind was defiantly tricky!!!

Looking forward to the Extreme Intimidator this Sunday.

thanks everyone , i was pretty happy with the results,especially after the first stage goof,note to self take a couple extra rounds to the
firing postion you MAY need them:) (i was practicing for the reade range heart breaker) lol.
i wasn't praying, i was catching a little sleep i was up the night before till 2am loading ammo.may explain the bad round on stage 1.
and thanks to tom for having a great course to shoot at and make you test your skills.

Sorry for the last minute notice But.... The range is Closed Saturday Aug. 3rd And Sunday Aug.4th is Intimidator Only....

Thinking about shooting the Intimidator this Sunday. Does anyone know the details for distances, round count, cost, and start time?

Thanks for any help!

-Bryan

Thinking about shooting the Intimidator this Sunday. Does anyone know the details for distances, round count, cost, and start time?

Thanks for any help!

-Bryan

Hey Bryan, Here is some info that will help you out for your first time at TVP.

For the intimidator there are four stages with four targets at each stage. You get three shots at each target so thats 48 rounds if you miss every target three times! If you hit the target with the first round you move to the next and only use one round. So bring a box of fifty. More if you want to shoot after the match.

Cost: Members $20.00 non-members $30.00 per day and you can shoot from the benches till dark after the match.

Start time is 10:00am for the match. The benches go hot at I think 7 or 8am for zeroing or to get dope all the way to a mile. It goes cold at 9 for safety briefing and sign in.

Ranges: get dope for these and you will be good to go for the match.

These are in the order that they will be shot in. Ranges are in yards.
Position #1 550, 950,1165, 925
Position #2 550,882,670,800
Position #3 275,365,585,1040
Position #4 570,505,703,584

Brings lots of water, we will be out in the field away from civilization for awhile. depending on how many show we could be done at noon or be out there till 4 or 5pm. Bring a lunch too.

If you have a 4x4 you can drive to the positions, if you don't you should be able to hitch a ride with somebody or ride in the back of someones truck.

Hope this helps, see you there.

I have just started into long range shooting and I would love to shoot at TVP!

Hello shooters and welcome to another year of shooting and fun at TVP.
This is our 10th year anniversary and we are very excited about it. With a full schedule of events everyone will find a course of fire they desire.
We will also host 1000 yard and one mile paper matches this year in the form of benchrest.

Hope to see everyone soon!

MARCH
9th OPEN RANGE
10th OPEN RANGE
16th CLOSED
17th CLOSED
23rd INTIMIDATOR/EXTREME
24th HEAD HUNTER
30th OPEN RANGE

APRIL
6th HEAD HUNTER
7th OPEN RANGE
13th OHIO 1000/MILE MATCH 1&2
14th INTIMIDATOR
20th OPEN RANGE
21st CLOSED
27th INTIMIDATOR
28th HEAD HUNTER/SHORT COURSE COMBO

MAY
4th OPEN RANGE
5th INTIMIDATOR
11th SHORT COURSE/INTIMIDATOR
12th OPEN RANGE
18th INTIMIDATOR
19th OPEN RANGE
25th OHIO 1000/MILE MATCH 3&4
26th HEAD HUNTER

JUNE
1st TVP SNIPER MATCH DAY ONE
2nd TVP SNIPER MATCH DAY TWO
8th OHIO 1000/MILE MATCH 5&6
9th OPEN RANGE
15th HEAD HUNTER
16th OPEN RANGE
22nd INTIMIDATOR/SHORT COURSE COMBO
23rd OPEN RANGE
29th HEAD HUNTER
30th INTIMIDATOR

JULY
6th OPEN RANGE
7th HEAD HUNTER
13th OHIO 1000/MILE MATCH 7&8
14th OPEN RANGE
20th INTIMIDATOR/SHORT COURSE COMBO
21st OPEN RANGE
27th OPEN RANGE
28th HEAD HUNTER

AUGUST
3rd OHIO 1000/MILE MATCH 9&10
4th INTIMIDATOR/EXTREME
10th OPEN RANGE
11th HEAD HUNTER
17th OPEN RANGE
18th INTIMIDATOR
24th HEAD HUNTER
25th OPEN RANGE
31st SHORT COURSE/HEAD HUNTER COMBO

SEPT
1st OPEN RANGE
7th INTIMIDATOR
8th INTIMIDATOR
14th HEAD HUNTER
15th INTIMIDATOR
21st OPEN RANGE
22nd HEAD HUNTER
28th INTIMIDATOR
29TH OPEN RANGE

I live in Pittsburgh pa in I have spoke to a few guys at Anthony arms in West Mifflin pa that shoot at TVP! I have just started into long range shooting and really would like to come out to this facility and get some trigger time and instruction from the knowledgeable people that shoot there! I would also like to look into joining the Competitions with my brother as my partner. I'll take any advice and info the forum has to offer! Thanks in advance guys!

I'll take any advice and info the forum has to offer! Thanks in advance guys!
When given the opportunity to enter into a competition, no matter how ill prepared you are - compete. You will learn more in one day of competition than you will in months of shooting.

grab your bro and show up and shoot. there is no money on the line so shooting as a beginner is no big deal
and everybody will be more then willing to help,the longer you wait to go the more you'll be upset you didn't go sooner!
and bring lot's of ammo, there is usually time to shoot more at the end of the day.

We had a good time shooting with Sakobob and the guys at Rayners. My brother and I will have to try TVP and
See if we can hit anything there.

Gary

I'm going to do everything I can to make it up on the 11th. I am going to be running one of two rigs with brand new barrels and no drop chart so it should be a crap shoot :-/. Definately going to be staying afterwards for time on the bench.

Good luck,
Merritt

Here is the score sheet and some pictures from today's Intimidator match. Another challenging day at TVP with winds from 6-12 miles an hour. A great day for training.

Nice job Jim and Zach.

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

Sorry for the last minute update, couldn't be helped..... Saturday Aug 10th the range will not open until 12:00(noon)

damn, that might screw our trip plans considering we have a 3hr drive. thanks for the heads up wayde.

I will be attending the 18th for my first match. Bringing the family up to visit before school starts from charleston, sc. Can't wait to meet everyone

So the now the question of the year for me! I just talked to my little brother and he doesn't have cash to buy ammo to shoot with me so at this time I have no partner for the intimidator on the 18th. Will I still be able to shoot without a partner?

So the now the question of the year for me! I just talked to my little brother and he doesn't have cash to buy ammo to shoot with me so at this time I have no partner for the intimidator on the 18th. Will I still be able to shoot without a partner?

Answer of the year! If you do not have a partner one will be assigned to you in the morning. They try to put you with someone who uses the same scope adjustment as you so they can help you with spotting and correcting. Sometimes they will have three people shoot together and just add 4 more minutes to the time limit.

Someone else might be going from here that also needs a partner. Do you shoot minutes or mills? What caliber?

Answer of the year! If you do not have a partner one will be assigned to you in the morning. They try to put you with someone who uses the same scope adjustment as you so they can help you with spotting and correcting. Sometimes they will have three people shoot together and just add 4 more minutes to the time limit.

Someone else might be going from here that also needs a partner. Do you shoot minutes or mills? What caliber?

LOL I was stressing on that one for a minute, the sole reason I am taking vacation at this time and coming to Ohio and not the bahamas (LOL) is because I just got my first custom build in and wanted this to be my first match. My stepdad is stepping up and shooting I guess, he has never shot over 200 yards before so we will see how it goes but it will be fun one way or another. I am shooting minutes with a 6.5 creedmoor. I was under the impression that you weren't allowed to call corrections for your partner.

I was under the impression that you weren't allowed to call corrections for your partner.

On the Intimidator and short course it is encouraged that you and your partner work as a team. So for example, you shoot first and your partner will be watching for the impact and then give you a correction in minutes or mills to get you on target. then you will do the same for him. LOL just ask anyone what me and my partner do! We have exact duplicates of each others rifles and take turns shooting first. Mrs. Smith got first round hits on the last 8 targets of the intimidator last time thanks to her partner! :)

On the Intimidator and short course it is encouraged that you and your partner work as a team. So for example, you shoot first and your partner will be watching for the impact and then give you a correction in minutes or mills to get you on target. then you will do the same for him. LOL just ask anyone what me and my partner do! We have exact duplicates of each others rifles and take turns shooting first. Mrs. Smith got first round hits on the last 8 targets of the intimidator last time thanks to her partner! :)

Thats awesome that Mrs. Smith shoots as well! My wife is starting to get into it as the longer we have been married. Right now I have no clue how we will do in regards to hitting anything, I have shot out to 500 qualifying in the Corps with consistent hits open sight but not to this extent though. We shall see I guess, it will just be fun to shoot with my step dad he is getting up there were his hands give him some trouble so anytime I get to shoot with him its a pleasure especially since we see each other once a year

Thanks Brotha! My brother and I are packing up and heading out for open range day this Saturday 8-10-13! I am extremely excited to finally get a chance to come out! Looking forward to meeting all the Shooters.

We are packing up this Saturday 8-10-13 for open range day! Really looking forward to finally getting out there and meeting all the shooters and getting some trigger time!

The weather is going to be great this weekend, don't forget about the headhunter on Sunday. Mrs. Smith is going to bake cookies for everyone.
Who's coming out Sunday?

During the intimidator are you allowed to use a rear bag? Trying to figure out how much crap I need to pack....... and the weather is showing a chance of scattered storms on the 18th, so if so do we still shoot or is it just a cancelled event

Last edited:
yes you can use a rear bag. also, if its raining, tom usually lets the group that is there decide if they shoot or not. if there is enough people that want to dodge rain drops its on.

I'm planning on being there for the Headhunter on Sunday. I have to work Saturday night so I'll be a little tired after a 12 hour shift at work.

I had a chance to get out to the open range day yesterday. WOW!! Justin and Edward spotted and made some outstanding adjustment calls for me. With their help, I took my 300 RUM to the mile target!! I can not honestly say I hit it, but it was a blast going after that thing.

Thanks to Tom for having a great place to play!

Sean

Another great day at TVP. Here is the score sheet from today's Head Hunter match. Congrats to Bill, Karl and Margaret on the high scores of 12 for the day.

Thanks for hosting us today and for trimming the trees Tom.

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

photo-L.jpg

Looks like fun - Sorry I missed it. Unfortunately, my truck broke down Friday afternoon and that changed my plans for the whole weekend. As of now, I am back in Virginia and my truck is still in Ohio. Oh well.

Does anyone that is intending shoot the intimidator have a .308 rifle my step dad can borrow it has been a nightmare with getting mounts for his 20 year old savage 308 that is long action. We have exhausted all options minus having a costum scope base made. If anyone does could you please call me at 843-441-4477 and we are willing to pay for the help so we can shoot together. I really appreciate the help.

Does anyone that is intending shoot the intimidator have a .308 rifle my step dad can borrow it has been a nightmare with getting mounts for his 20 year old savage 308 that is long action. We have exhausted all options minus having a costum scope base made. If anyone does could you please call me at 843-441-4477 and we are willing to pay for the help so we can shoot together. I really appreciate the help.

Perhaps you can call Tom at TVP and ask him if he has one you could use for the day. I know that he rents suppressors for the night shoots. Maybe he has a spare gun setting around for you, give him a call today.

Here's his contact info:

Tom Sarver
IBS 1000 Yard World Record Holder Group and Score
1.397" Group 50/5x Score
Thunder Valley Precision
07FFL/SOT2
15786 TR.118 Kimbolton, Ohio 43749
[email protected]
740-502-6530