• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 2nd Annual Matt Karstetter Memorial Field Match, Wilbur WA

AAC has dontated a 51t 7.62 suppressor that is going to be raffled off. $5 per ticket so bring cash if you want in on the raffle.

If you live in the Spokane Area, Sharp Shooting Indoor Range will do the transfer for free (Not a trust).

Match flyer!!!!!!!

All!

A bunch of people did not get the match flyer or didnt realize they received it. Attached is the match flyer. I will likely be unavailable from this point forward, depending on cell service, since I am heading to the range tonight.

See you Saturday.

Clint

Attachments

• 2014 Matt Karstetter Field Match Info (1).doc
    28 KB · Views: 46
2014 2nd Annual Matt Karstetter Memorial Field Match, Wilbur WA

Good luck everyone! Wish I could shoot this one but duty calls on the home front. I attempted to talk the wife into letting the dog watch the 2 year old for the weekend but I was surprisingly vetoed.

Shoot straight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clint, the Tri-Tip was worth the wait...OUTSTANDING TASTE. I give you 5 stars. ***** I would have liked to try the mile shot, but since I couldn't locate the 162 amaxes for the 7mm RM, I decided to let other folks dope the wind at distance. Dunno how many grains of powder were burned at the fence line, but I'm guessing a pound or three.;) The winds were certainly humbling, perhaps it's a good thing that I was behind the spotting scope, as I may have been dropping swear words as the bullets slipped by the target==> where the hell did that one goooooooooooo?????

Congratulations to Jake, Jeremy, and Carl , and to all who got humbled by the canyon winds.

Thanks to the sponsors who so graciously donated to the prize table, and the hard work that went on to get donations & contact vendors. Congrats to the competitors, and I'll plan to see you next year. Undecided as to whether or not I'll be shooting or heckling from a chair:p I managed to avoid several speed traps on the way back to the ranch-hope you did too!

Last edited:
Congrats to jake for some fantastic shooting. Congrats to clint for that fantastic tri tip. And thank you to all of the sponsors and ROs who made this possible. I had a great time.

sent from my POS phone

Thanks to the RO's, Sponsors, Clint, and all the shooters for a fun match. Good times, humbling stages, nice variety, looking forward to next year.

I would like to thank Clint and all the ROs and sponsors for making this match work. It is unfortunate why this match is taking place but im glad Clint stepped up to make it happen and im happy to donate. it was great seeing friends and fellow shooters i had a great time.

-Amish

Awesome match. Many thanks to Clint and all the ROs. Wish I could have stayed for the prize ceremony and the tritip.

Clint - are you going to post match results here? I am dying to know if I came in last :)

Awesome match. Many thanks to Clint and all the ROs. Wish I could have stayed for the prize ceremony and the tritip.

Clint - are you going to post match results here? I am dying to know if I came in last :)

You couldn't have. Im pretty sure I secured last place haha. I would like to see the results anyway

sent from my POS phone

I had a lot of fun, met some good people and I really need to take a wind class! Thanks to everyone that put this together, I am looking forward to next year!

I don't really care where I placed. I had a great time, hit some targets that I didn't think I would and missed more that I thought I could hit. I really need to get into better shape.

Anyway, on to some photos...

20140613-LU4C0003-L.jpg

20140613-LU4C0005-L.jpg

20140613-LU4C0012-L.jpg

20140614-LU4C0025-L.jpg

20140614-LU4C0027-L.jpg

20140614-LU4C0031-L.jpg

20140614-LU4C0036-L.jpg

20140614-LU4C0038-L.jpg

20140614-LU4C0048-L.jpg

Last edited:
A huge thank you to Rich, Josh, Kevin and all the other guys on the squad.

Thank you to Clint, the RO's and all the other people that helped put this match together.

I'm really looking forward to next year!

Clint, had a great time and a full stomach to boot. Glad i was able to RO and make new friends and visit with old ones. They winds were rough and sad to see sooooo many misses that had to be inches off the target (i was at the 4 pistol poppers & 10 rounds at 600yd target - that swung hard if hit)

The weather was great, i tiny bit of rain but i didn't get sunburned. PS - Mike, just shoot the snake next time. :)

Scores and more

Shooters, Sponsors, ROs, and helpers...THANK YOU. There were so many people that contributed to this event I cant even begin to thank everyone without forgetting to mention another!!! The targets were nowhere near as generous as last year and the winds were quite a bit stronger than last year. So in the spirit of this being an event of encouraging new shooter participation, next year things will be a little more generous :) !!

Congratulations to Jake Vibbert, Jeremy Bentham, and Carl Taylor for the top 3 finishes. Congratulations to Megan Aubin, Lee Allen, and Shamir Karical (just to name a few) for being 100% brand new shooters in the tactical/precision match environment. It takes people like that to step up and decide to participate to keep this industry and sport growing. For all those who participated, if you didnt do as well as you liked, dont let scores distract you from the fact that you likely learned something and can use that information to improve your ability the next time you pull a trigger and as long as you are learning, you have gained from participating.

Next year we will likely run a 2 day match and utilize more of the property that we have been graciously able to use from the land owner. BIG thanks to him!!

Judging by the scorecard, I am missing one shooters score and I am hugely apologetic for not having your numbers listed!! Next year we will have a better system for keeping track of things.

I wanted to email results, however, not everyone registered online and I dont have all the email addresses so they are attached to this post. I did have to make one correction to the scores but it did not change the outcome. All comments are appreciated, even those that are not positive. If you prefer, you can email me on what you would like to see next year and what could be done to improve the match.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:
Shooters, Sponsors, ROs, and helpers...THANK YOU. There were so many people that contributed to this event I cant even begin to thank everyone without forgetting to mention another!!! The targets were nowhere near as generous as last year and the winds were quite a bit stronger than last year. So in the spirit of this being an event of encouraging new shooter participation, next year things will be a little more generous :) !!

Congratulations to Jake Vibbert, Jeremy Bentham, and Carl Taylor for the top 3 finishes. Congratulations to Megan Aubin, Lee Allen, and Shamir Karical (just to name a few) for being 100% brand new shooters in the tactical/precision match environment. It takes people like that to step up and decide to participate to keep this industry and sport growing. For all those who participated, if you didnt do as well as you liked, dont let scores distract you from the fact that you likely learned something and can use that information to improve your ability the next time you pull a trigger and as long as you are learning, you have gained from participating.

Next year we will likely run a 2 day match and utilize more of the property that we have been graciously able to use from the land owner. BIG thanks to him!!

Judging by the scorecard, I am missing one shooters score and I am hugely apologetic for not having your numbers listed!! Next year we will have a better system for keeping track of things.

I wanted to email results, however, not everyone registered online and I dont have all the email addresses so they are attached to this post. I did have to make one correction to the scores but it did not change the outcome. All comments are appreciated, even those that are not positive. If you prefer, you can email me on what you would like to see next year and what could be done to improve the match.

Thanks again!!

Sorry Jake...spelling corrected.

Great match, glad I could make this one. HUGE thank you to all the RO's who came and and made this happen, and I guess Clint to.... :D Will see you all again next year.

How much ended up being raised for Matt's family?

Great match! Thank you for all of your hard work, Clint, RO's, supporters! Look forward to next year :)

SCORECARD Rev. 3

Okay guys...informed of another mistake. My assistant sucks! (He works for free).

Last update, scores stand as listed. My apologies.

We grossed over $9000 total. Still have some expenses needing tallied but grossed more than double of what we did last year!!!

Last edited:
Great match. The ROs were great and the competitors were friendly and everyone was having a good time. I'm still kicking myself for blowing the pistol KYL stage but I'll be sure to get it next year. :rolleyes: Extra thanks to Clint for making this happen, and the sponsors for donating some great stuff.

Hey at least you weren't the chump who hit targets 2 and 3 on the pistol KYL, but missed target 1 !! I'll be kicking myself about that for a long time to come. Lesson learnt on taking your time, even with the first "easy" target.

What a great time! Great squad of guys to shoot with......nice shootin Jeremy! Thank you RO's and Thank you for putting it on. Now, if I could learn to read that wicked wind things might start looking up!

Clint , the match was very well run. Could use spare back up targets, for the wind you can make the targets bigger or add more time and wind flags on all targets. 2 RO's at each stage is very nice as can switch places when the eyes need a break. You could run it as a team match and team up new shooter and some one who has been shooting these a lot - that way the new guy/gal can focus on learning how to spot, dope, call wind,dial scope, position.

like this stuff

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ssons-learned-ro-perspective.html#post3139137

Good times, good people and I shot fairly well. I was glad to have talked a couple of first timers to come.

Thanks to all the sponsors, RO's and Clint for putting it all together.

I'd also like to thank the young man that drew my raffle ticket out of the box for the AAC suppressor

Who won the mile shoot, top placers, and calibers used??? Cmon, spill the beans!
I'm still lookin fer me ammo:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Clint , the match was very well run. Could use spare back up targets, for the wind you can make the targets bigger or add more time and wind flags on all targets. 2 RO's at each stage is very nice as can switch places when the eyes need a break. You could run it as a team match and team up new shooter and some one who has been shooting these a lot - that way the new guy/gal can focus on learning how to spot, dope, call wind,dial scope, position.

like this stuff

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ssons-learned-ro-perspective.html#post3139137

Thanks for the feedback Pat!! I appreciate any comments for improvement!!

Who won the mile shoot, top placers, and calibers used??? Cmon, spill the beans!
I'm still lookin fer me ammo:rolleyes:

Mile Shoot- H&H Precision Shooter with a .243

1st Place- Jake Vibbert (not sure on caliber)
2nd Place- Jeremy Bentham (.243 variant)
3rd Place- Carl Taylor (.243 I think)

I hit the mile target 2 times in a row with Clints rifle! That was fun. His rifle is a hammer,

Jake Vibbert was shooting a 6 creedmoor

I had too many mistakes on the match placement sheet and not enough time in my day to correct them, nor do I have score cards any longer to verify. I took the sheet down with placings since we all know who finished top 3.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sounds like a great time was had by all. I wish I could have been there, but my wife is due any day. Maybe next year!

Mile Shoot- H&H Precision Shooter with a .243

1st Place- Jake Vibbert (not sure on caliber)
2nd Place- Jeremy Bentham (.243 variant)
3rd Place- Carl Taylor (.243 I think)

Hmmm I see a pattern here...similar to the shoot placings. Go figger.
Nice shooting Gents!

Jeremy Bentham was shooting a 6 SLR I believe. I shot one round with it and I'm dreaming of a 6 mm now. So much easier to shoot than my .260.

It feels weird wearing shirt with the EGA on it. Mostly, because I was in the Army and am above such things (thats a joke kids, calm down) and the second is, I didn't earn it.

Hmmm I see a pattern here...similar to the shoot placings. Go figger.
Nice shooting Gents!

Agreed but must add the amount of time/practice/consistancy in their set ups... Cant beat that! Thanks for RO'ing Dibbs

Pat, a pox on you for the wind flag recommendation, this isn't F class/ high power. If wind flags start showing up at tac matches, I'll go out of my way to cut them down and burn them.

:) HA for someone that hit 5 of the 10 long range shots on my stage, and our target had a little wind tape on it - BAM! buddy