• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2014 2nd Annual Matt Karstetter Memorial Field Match, Wilbur WA

Clint,
I would recommend you build the venue the way you see fit.
After running matches for the last 15 years, I've found it too easy to fall into the trap of trying to make everyone happy.
Once shooters start shooting a mix of firearms in a match, be it a precision rifle match or not, they tend to get the urge for matches that utilize different firearms and skill sets.
Either way, I'm there and will have a blast as I did last year.

Clint,
I would recommend you build the venue the way you see fit.
After running matches for the last 15 years, I've found it too easy to fall into the trap of trying to make everyone happy.
Once shooters start shooting a mix of firearms in a match, be it a precision rifle match or not, they tend to get the urge for matches that utilize different firearms and skill sets.
Either way, I'm there and will have a blast as I did last year.

Thanks Jim! I have some things in mind that should please everyone...well it pleases me and that is what counts ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just bought a spot on InMotion.

Look forward to seeing you all at the match.

This will be a great opportunity for new shooters. Coaching is available, just ask. If you are new and don't have someone to roll with, this is a very friendly match with lots of help available.

Sponsors

Thank you so much to the following companies who have committed to sponsoring the Karstetter Memorial Match. Because of them, we will have some great prizes on the table to raise funds for such a worthy cause.

In Motion Targets
Montana Gold Bullets
Higher Capacity
Hodgdon Powder
High Speed Shooting Systems
Springfield Armory
Precision Tactical
Sage Flats Shooter
5 Shot Leather
Sharp Shooter Indoor Range and Gun Shop
MGM Targets
Predator Tactical
Sierra Bullets
R Bros Rifles
Rainier Arms
Lone Wolf Distributors
Noveske Rifles
Luth-AR Stocks
Best Shot Appraisals
H&H Precision Rifles
JC Steel Targets
Vortex Optics

Last edited:
I'll be there and am new to the long range game, but I'll have plenty of people I know that will be there to steer me wrong!

Got myself, dad, and brother signed up. Really excited for the shoot, and happy to support a great cause.

sent from my POS phone

Yep thats us. And now I'll probably have a bunch of questions for you. Sorry in advance

sent from my POS phone

No worries. Send me an email that is on th registration flyer. I will be sending out an email in the next 2 weeks or so with details about location and round count.

Would it be possible to get a shooter list posted by chance? Id like to see who else is shooting this awesome event.

No shooter list yet but forthcoming. I am not shooting Jake...one less person you have to worry about beating you ;)

Mostly the typical shooters from the NW matches. Match is full so should be about 50 shooters

Good deal, I will keep an eye open for the list, just hoping to carpool with someone from my area if there is anyone here.

Thank you for not shooting, I was getting worried:p

No shooter list yet but forthcoming. I am not shooting Jake...one less person you have to worry about beating you ;)

Mostly the typical shooters from the NW matches. Match is full so should be about 50 shooters

Thanks Pat! I have you on the list. Bring your stick if you wanna poke around. ROs that are there Friday afternoon can shoot the course after we get it set up.

100 rds rifle and 80 rounds pistol (with 3 mags) is more than enough ammo. We didnt have time to incoporate the gas gun this year as the initial flyer stated.

Looks like I am going to make this event as well. And I just bought my first pistol (a Springfield XDm 5.25) a couple of weeks ago, so it should be perfect for this match. Looking forward to it - should be a blast.

Looks like I am going to make this event as well. And I just bought my first pistol (a Springfield XDm 5.25) a couple of weeks ago, so it should be perfect for this match. Looking forward to it - should be a blast.

I will bring my XDm as well Shamir. I had some work done to it so you can compare factory to mine and see what options are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. Mine's the .40 cal, but I've been thinking of getting a trigger job and .357 sig drop-in barrel. I need to stop tinkering with my guns and shoot them more though :).

Shamir
I will bring my XDm as well Shamir. I had some work done to it so you can compare factory to mine and see what options are available.

More money on ammo and less on upgrades makes a better shooter.... I use a VTAC m&p but soon to be a CORE I think...

More money on ammo and less on upgrades makes a better shooter.... I use a VTAC m&p but soon to be a CORE I think...

Agreed...buying the 2014 Escalade v. my 1978 Ford doesnt make me a better driver...but is sure is nice to have those heated seated, electric windows, sun roof, and some talking bimbo telling my door is ajar :)

Regarding the 1750 yard shot, you say "any caliber below .300WM" on a post from page 1. Does that exclude .300WM rifles?

You and me. 6mm's.

I was looking at the numbers for my little 6 out that far and laughing. In the email that went out I recall it saying you could use a different rifle for the 1750 shots, so I'm hoping I can use my dad's .300WM.

I was looking at the numbers for my little 6 out that far and laughing. In the email that went out I recall it saying you could use a different rifle for the 1750 shots, so I'm hoping I can use my dad's .300WM.

Gamer.

It's still got 218ft-lbs of energy. Gtg....

Clint, is the one mile shot something we can get dialing in on before the match?

And for the one mile side match shot, will it be one shot or how will that go?

Thanks

Jake

Clint, is the one mile shot something we can get dialing in on before the match?

Thanks

Jake
Noooo Praktiss cept for meeeeee Booooowhaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaahaaahaaha!!!!!!:p:p:p

We will be having the 1750yd competition again this year. Any caliber below a .300 WM can shoot. Whomever hits the 2'x2' steel plate wins 50% of the pot. $20 to get in, 5 shots. Last year an 11yr old boy and 15yr old boy split the pot with getting 2nd round hits.
This was from early in the thread, not sure about caliber restrictions on the Loooonnnnnggggg shot.

Last edited:

Thanks

Jake

No practice on the miler until after the side match is over. Same as info posted below, 5 shots, $20. Fewest amount to hit wins half the pot. For a tiebreaker it will be the most hits of 5. If that doesn't work, a shoot off, if that doesn't work, we split the pot

Also, can we check zeros the morning of the match, or before the 1750 yd shot? I'm shooting 139 scenars in my .260, but might try a different bullet for the long shoot.

Also, can we check zeros the morning of the match, or before the 1750 yd shot? I'm shooting 139 scenars in my .260, but might try a different bullet for the long shoot.

We will have an area setup for checking zero. Depending on how things go you may be able to check zero before the 1750.

I got a request for the match flier with event details. No idea who asked for it or on what forum. If you do not have the flier that gives directions, round counts, etc. PM me with your email address and I will get it to you.

Thanks!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but....shooters will not have to dig hole for a Class 1 download. I have scheduled for porta-potties, whether they make it or not is out of my hands!!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but....shooters will not have to dig hole for a Class 1 download. I have scheduled for porta-potties, whether they make it or not is out of my hands!!!

Since I'm fulll of shit, I guess I better bring a big shovel just in case. ;)

That being said, Clint how's the access road to the staging/parking area for a low rider chevy malibu on it's last legs? Would it be better if I brought the Tonka-Toy-ota truck? PM me your phone number.

Since I'm fulll of shit, I guess I better bring a big shovel just in case. ;)

That being said, Clint how's the access road to the staging/parking area for a low rider chevy malibu on it's last legs? Would it be better if I brought the Tonka-Toy-ota truck? PM me your phone number.

Haha!! Marty rode his Vespa up there last year with no problems so you should be fine!! I havent been up there this year but it should be maintained.

Thank you so much to the following companies who have committed to sponsoring the Karstetter Memorial Match. Because of them, we will have some great prizes on the table to raise funds for such a worthy cause.

In Motion Targets
Montana Gold Bullets
Higher Capacity
Hodgdon Powder
High Speed Shooting Systems
Blackhawk
Sure Fire
Springfield Armory
Precision Tactical
Sage Flats Shooter
5 Shot Leather
Sharp Shooter Indoor Range and Gun Shop
MGM Targets
Predator Tactical
Sierra Bullets
Sunrise Tactical Gear
R Bros Rifles
Rainier Arms
Lone Wolf Distributors
Noveske Rifles
Luth-AR Stocks
Best Shot Appraisals
H&H Precision Rifles
JC Steel Targets
Vortex Optics
Advanced Armament Corp

Bump. Thanks to the sponsors for participating this year!!! Be sure and drop them a line if you are a shooter at this event.

Last edited: