• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2014 Sniper's Hide Cup Details Registration Open February 15th

Really looking forward to this, my first match! Will be signing up in the next week or so once I get my OT pay. I've already reserved a campsite at Jackson Lake....if anyone else is planning on camping there you better hurry....it's filling fast! There are no more spaces with electric hookup the weekend of the Cup.

Need any volunteers? Don't have the cash or pistol to compete but i would love to volunteer my time before and/or during the event!

Well. I'm signed up and looking forward to my first precision rifle match.

GENERAL PARAMETERS:
Match duration: 2.5 days, Friday May 22nd, until Noon Sunday May 25th.
Mandatory check-in and briefing on Thursday @ 6PM At the range.

Just to clarify. The match starts on Friday the 23rd(not the 22nd) and the mandatory check in is on Thursday the 22nd, right? Just want to make sure what days I need to try and get out of work... Thanks

GENERAL PARAMETERS:
Match duration: 2.5 days, Friday May 22nd, until Noon Sunday May 25th.
Mandatory check-in and briefing on Thursday @ 6PM At the range.

Just to clarify. The match starts on Friday the 23rd(not the 22nd) and the mandatory check in is on Thursday the 22nd, right? Just want to make sure what days I need to try and get out of work... Thanks

yes a typo...

Mandatory check in is Thursday Afternoon the 22nd, we'll have the sight in range (targets to distance too) open from 9AM to 5PM on Thursday, we'll also have a Night Shoot available from our NV Sponsors and we'll have Food on Thursday for everyone.

I have a couple of questions.

Here it says everyone who signs up by April 1st will shoot. On the registration page it says everyone who registers by March 1st will shoot. Is it March1 or April1?

Second question is about round count. It says 240 plus possible extras on some courses. So would it be adviseable to bring 300 rounds plus some for sighting in?

There are 5 of us planning on coming up from south texas to shoot this.

Thanks for any info

Paul

Pretty much everyone who signs up will shoot, that is something the guys added as it was a left over from last year, the store page is a separate thing and mostly they just carry over stuff from last year.

Basically you have until May 1st to sign up, after May 1st I will probably shut off registration for logistics reasons.

If you plan on shooting Thursday I would bring 300, cause we'll have a full range open. The round count is an approximate as the COF is not set in stone at this point.

I don't remember last year as being a lost brass match. I know I retrieved about 80% of my brass after the stages were over, or during breaks when the shooter was shooting the 2nd position, etc. The stages on the rocks or cliff were the only ones I didnt even try and find my brass at.

Bill

I would have to guess that you can use a dump pouch, correct? I mean it cannot take more than 25 seconds more per 5 minute stage to just collect the brass prior to full ejection and throw it in your dump pouch.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else completed this type of competition and use a dump pouch on their person?

I concur with the other competitors out there. Losing 240+ pieces of brass would hurt my brass base for sure.

I would have to guess that you can use a dump pouch, correct? I mean it cannot take more than 25 seconds more per 5 minute stage to just collect the brass prior to full ejection and throw it in your dump pouch.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else completed this type of competition and use a dump pouch on their person?

I concur with the other competitors out there. Losing 240+ pieces of brass would hurt my brass base for sure.

That's been done the last two years running. They just want to keep the match moving when dealing with 100+ shooters. Hustle up and grab it and nobody is going to say anything. Just don't be the guy that wants to take his sweet time, jaw jack with the RO, then leisurely collect your brass

That's been done the last two years running. They just want to keep the match moving when dealing with 100+ shooters. Hustle up and grab it and nobody is going to say anything. Just don't be the guy that wants to take his sweet time, jaw jack with the RO, then leisurely collect your brass

I was able to come away from last yr's match with probably 80% of my brass. Some positions it's not gonna be possible or practical to recover your brass, especially pistol brass. Maybe they should let last place scavenge the stages for brass as a condolence prize ? :) I didn't go the dump pouch route though, I just dropped what I could in the pocket of my cargo pants.

I think it might be a bit easier to recovery a majority of your brass. But I would recommend marking it.

The biggest issue is interfering with the next shooter. However, once the section is finished there is no reason you can't police the area as you'll have time between moving on and starting another.

I think it might be a bit easier to recovery a majority of your brass. But I would recommend marking it.

The biggest issue is interfering with the next shooter. However, once the section is finished there is no reason you can't police the area as you'll have time between moving on and starting another.

Thank you for the clarification. I completely understand the need to keep the matches moving along and not taking all day. I will be impressed if you get that many stages in per day. In the USPSA and 3Gun competitions, we were lucky to get just 5 stages in.

I agree, marking is the best bet. Thank you.

Got the word from In Motion Targets, that our Mover for the Competition will be ready very soon... so we'll be adding that element to the match.

First thought that comes to mind "AWESOME". Then the second thought "Oh crap!".

Is there going to be an opportunity to practice on the movers? Like a sight in range session?

The reason I ask is that some of the participants might not have had experience shooting at movers. (Noobs like me come to mind).

First thought that comes to mind "AWESOME". Then the second thought "Oh crap!".

Is there going to be an opportunity to practice on the movers? Like a sight in range session?

The reason I ask is that some of the participants might not have had experience shooting at movers. (Noobs like me come to mind).

It will be a first for me too, just plug in a lead speed or target speed in your ballistic calculator and it should spit out what to add for a mover, how hard can it be, right? =)

As a first timer, it seems pretty easy: if the target is moving that way, just aim more that way.

Common sense, really.

When and how can we make requests to group with others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you still taking applications for the Cup? If so I am not seeing it in the store. First timer so I need help!

Frank the staff has been egging me to enter this thing. My Overwatch magnum in 300-338 is finally ready (least I hope it is).

We gassed up a bunch of 220G Lapua OTM's to 3190fps so as not to tear up the steel. -read somewhere's that 3200fps is the speed limit.

So, if the mile shoot is a go and there's a squat left, I'd like to be considered. If possible I'd like to just settle up once were down there.

Should be fun!

C.

The RO was video taping the (A3?) stage with the car shoot. Does anyone know how to get hold of him and request the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk