• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 2017 Sniper's Hide Team Challenge in Colville, WA

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    GENERAL PARAMETERS:
    Match duration: 2 days, Saturday June 10th, and Sunday June 11th.
    Mandatory check-in and briefing on Friday June 9th @ 6PM At the range.

Cartridge requirements:
    minimum 6mm - maximum .300 WIN MAG, velocity not to exceed 3200 fps

Rifle:
    "open" specification - must be safe to operate and have functioning safet

Round count (estimate):
    220 rounds, firing extra rounds may be allowed on certain courses
    100 rounds of handgun

Rifle target distances:
    0-1200 yards,

Pistol target distances:
    effective range of pistol

All targetry will be reactive armor steel plate.

Pistol Requirements:
    No Open or Full “Race” guns, but Delta points and Trijicon RMR, style sights are acceptable.

The 2017 Sniper's Hide Cup tests practical and field rifle shooting skills and supporting activities, which may include but is not limited to: long-range marksmanship, target recognition, wind estimation, range estimation, trail skills, movement over rugged terrain, physical challenges, low-light shooting, and organic problem solving. Individuals will be required to complete problems utilizing their rifle, a service-type pistol, and any ancillary gear that is carried during the entire match.

Accommodations.

There will be range camp sites available. Camp sites are dry camps i.e. no hook ups for septic, water or power.
    Prices are as follows:
    • Tent Sites $30
    • RVs up to 27' $40
    • RVs over 27' $50
    during registration you will be able to pay for camping if you so choose.

Hotels / Motels
    Kettle Falls Inn
    205 E 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Street HWY 395
    Kettle Falls, WA 99141
    Phone: 509 738 6514

Benny’s Colville Inn
    915 S Main
    Colville, WA 99114
    Phone: 509 684 2517

Comfort Inn
    166 Canning Drive NE
    Colville, WA 99114
    Phone: 509 684 2010

Grandview Inn Motel & RV Park
    978 HWY 395N
    Kettle Falls, WA 99141
    Phone: 509 738 6733

Reactions: JLR
    I participated in the Sniper's Hide Cup last year located at this same venue... Breathtaking views, and very fun field style match! Movers were no joke from across canyons to down into valleys. I think this is at the Bull Hill Training Ranch, and if it is, man its a must do!!!
    16649386_10211976036499247_6246337625537690534_n.jpg

I don't think the fiance would be too happy if I missed our wedding for this competition... Three years in a row I had something going on the same weekend. Maybe next year!

Maybe a dumb question. Have never shot in anything remotely like this. I'm interested in the Colville, WA 'Team Challenge'. Can I enter and compete as an individual or need I be part of a team? Thanks.

This match will be epic! Carl Taylor and Lowlight put on a hell of a match last year and this one will be better!

Why are race and open pistols banned? This is a competition and I would like to bring my competition guns.
    It can't be because of cost seeing as some people will be shooting rifle setups worth over 10k. Race gun will run you 2-5k maybe. Can't be because of sights since you allow red dots.
    So is it magwells and compensators you don't want? Or???

I just registered, how many people are in so far?

Hey guys, I've never shot in a match before. I have been shooting long range for a year or more now on my own, but have never competed. Would this be a good match to start out on or is this more of an advanced person's match? Thanks in advance!

Was really looking forward to this team match but unfortunately I have a couple high school graduations to attend. Hopefully next year. Do you guys suggest any other team matches to attend? I know competition dynamics has a couple coming up. Any others that are highly suggested?

I was there last year. It was a challenging course. But it was fun. If it's like last year don't forget your tripod and a tall bipod. I wish I could make it this year but recently started a new job and I have zero vacation so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1388.JPG
      IMG_1388.JPG
      91.3 KB · Views: 129
    Last edited:
    Here is the location where the match is being held 1207 Williams Lake Road, turn off on the left, then 1st right into camping area

Any chance you have a larger high resolution version of the map? Thanks!

Thanks Frank and the Colville Mafia for putting on another fun match. Good times in a great setting banging steel! Seeing the number of Junior shooters grow each year at this match is EXCELLENT!

Great match, great people, amazing location.

6b8a4cf18abd4e9ff34636bd7a866452.jpg

I will have an AAR... gonna write it on the plane as I am taking another trip this week to AK for a series of classes

Here are some pictures of me and my posse at the match as I shot it with the World Famous Mary Beth Olson !
    IMG_5533.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_5491.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_5552.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_5567.JPG.jpeg

IMG_20170613_140402.jpg Thank you Frank for making us feel so welcome!!!

And thank you to all the RO's who put up with us new guys.

To anyone who hasn't tried this, you have to do it. It's a ton fun. And you will learn a lot. Everyone was very helpful and friendly.

Last edited:
    Thanks to Carl, his crew, Frank and all the sponsors for an awesome match! I'm just bummed that's it for RTC or field matches in the PNW for the season, haha.

Thank you Frank for making us feel so welcome!!!

And thank you to all the RO's who put up with us new guys.

To anyone who hasn't tried this, you have to do it. It's a ton fun. And you will learn a lot. Everyone was very helpful and friendly.

We met briefly on the hike out from stage 14 and chatted about carbohydrate loading throughout the day. You guys had a great attitude, and I hope to see you again!

Thanks to Carl and Frank for putting together one of the best matches of the year. I'm looking forward to coming back again!

My shooting partner and I had a ton of fun slinging good old .308 lead at Carls ever difficult targets. The match was a blast and a top ten finish was satisfying. Thanks Lowlight!

I wish I would of known this was in my home state, and I hope that its in Washington next year so I can show up. Only a couple hour drive for me and I looks like an awesome venue.