• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2023 NightForce ELR Challenge

I will be there but also have a spot available because I now have a shooting partner that no longer needs his spot since we will now be competing as a team.

Edit: Rifle has been loaned out! Spot no longer available either.

I also have a fully prepped 300 Norma that I can lend to someone for the cost of ammo if there’s someone who can make it but doesn’t have a capable rifle or would just like to test the 300 Norma waters. This particular rifle took 2nd 2 years ago. Still driving absolute nails at a round count of 600-700.

IMG_3662.jpeg

IMG_1671.jpeg

DM me if interested in the spot available and/or loaner rifle and we’ll chat about it.

Last edited:
I have 2 slots available for this years match. My son and I are registered for this year’s NF ELR Challenge, but due to some family related circumstances it appears we probably aren’t going to make it this year. PM me if interested.

Unfortunately for me, work shit has hit the fan and there is no way for me to get prepared, much less go. I don't want it to go to waste, but I also don't want to deal with the hassle, money, etc. I'll give my spot away to anyone who can spoon feed me the steps necessary to transfer it.

Reactions: DR&M
Soo, what is everyone bringing as far as Binos/Spotters? Typically with PRS I see most using binos, does that work for the Nightforce comp as well or are targets too far away to consistently see what's going on. I have a 20x-60x Spotter, 15x56 Binos and 8x Bino/Rangefinder. Can't carry all 3 around all day! Any suggestions?

Soo, what is everyone bringing as far as Binos/Spotters? Typically with PRS I see most using binos, does that work for the Nightforce comp as well or are targets too far away to consistently see what's going on. I have a 20x-60x Spotter, 15x56 Binos and 8x Bino/Rangefinder. Can't carry all 3 around all day! Any suggestions?
Tag... Great question for a newbie like me to that comp

I typically carry sig kilo 3k LRF bino, but this year I’ll be going with Leupold mark 4 spotting scope & sig kilo 8k LRF on a plate. Not sure if I’ll like that better or not, we’ll find out.

I’d suggest planning on bino’s unless your spotting scope is a little smaller. Most of the targets you will be able to see with a 10x bino, if not all of them. They do a good job with the match book on showing you where the targets are.

It can be pretty good walk between some of the stages so make sure you can pack everything up and walk a few hundred yards.

I ran my Vortex Fury 10x42 LRF binos last year with no problems. I am adding a Bushnell T-series 15-45x60 spotter with reticle to my pack specifically for the moving target. I think 10x binos are enough for the match.

Reactions: Randall3rd
I typically carry sig kilo 3k LRF bino, but this year I’ll be going with Leupold mark 4 spotting scope & sig kilo 8k LRF on a plate. Not sure if I’ll like that better or not, we’ll find out.

I’d suggest planning on bino’s unless your spotting scope is a little smaller. Most of the targets you will be able to see with a 10x bino, if not all of them. They do a good job with the match book on showing you where the targets are.

It can be pretty good walk between some of the stages so make sure you can pack everything up and walk a few hundred yards.
Just curious why you’re bring a LRF, I thought they give target distances?

I always double check and verify the distance of each target, it helps me with target identification. I believe last year they had one (1) target that was off. Someone correct me if I am wrong on that.

They do but it's nice to be able to range for yourself just in case. Also he links it directly to his kestrel and it spits out numbers as he ranges. That is my plan also for this year with a set of sig 10k bino's

I always double check and verify the distance of each target, it helps me with target identification. I believe last year they had one (1) target that was off. Someone correct me if I am wrong on that.
There was for sure one target that was off I think like 30 yards. I heard only one guy hit it all day and he knew it was off from the year before. There was another I think was off like 15 yards.

70762518385__DD34234C-E7F2-468A-8A2B-870511E0E23E.jpg

spotter has a reticle so that will come in handy

Thanks. Someone here was saying you find the limitations of many of the regular lrf”s. Small targets over 1500 separate the lasers.

Thanks. Someone here was saying you find the limitations of many of the regular lrf”s. Small targets over 1500 separate the lasers.
You will definitely need a good Rangefinder with moderate to far ranging capabilities. My Fury lrf binoculars have served me well. Using a tripod for support will help as well.

we were having a hard time in the middle of the day yes, sig 3k, athlon, leica, vortex LRF bino's. The only guy I saw getting those farther ranges consistently was running an older terrapin. I hope the 10k's do a bit better.

Reactions: Xcount and JBarton
I wasn’t even planning on bringing mine but I’ll put the terrapin in the bag now. Thanks.

Reactions: Taylorbok
What do you think the mile plus targets average in size? 2moa?

we were having a hard time in the middle of the day yes, sig 3k, athlon, leica, vortex LRF bino's. The only guy I saw getting those farther ranges consistently was running an older terrapin. I hope the 10k's do a bit better.
Might have been me, I had my older terrapin with me.

They do- but I carry one to make it faster to get yardages into my kestrel.

So I range each target, changing the kestrel to target 1, target 2 etc etc. Then I just have a few yards to adjust on my kestrel manually. Plus I get the angle etc.

Reactions: Huskydriver
In for 2024.

Down to 50 slots, jump on it if you want to go..

Registered right as it opened, one minute in and it was already down to 220 spots. It's going so fast this year.

Signed up first thing and had an issue wouldn't take my zip code had to restart and refresh page and the spots were half gone already and I started at 7 am.

How does team shooting work? double the time and you are essentially both shooting the COF similar to how NRL Hunter does it?

How does team shooting work? double the time and you are essentially both shooting the COF similar to how NRL Hunter does it?
The teams at the NF run the target engagements side by side. Meaning both shooters are on their guns at the same time engaging the same target. They then move thru target engagements together.

NRL the first shooter engages the entire COF before the second shooter can load and make ready. The non shooting competitor can however glass, call corrections ect.

I might be off but glassing with the gun as the team member "not actively engaging targets" is venue by venue but I've seen it done too.

Cant remember about team times for the NF tho.

Is anyone switching up there setup this year as far as glassing? I ran sig kilo 3000 binos for ranging and finding targets.

I somehow forgot a tripod last year, and hand held my binos to find targets.....so, I think I'll remember my tripod for this year!

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
I updated my range finding capabilities all around this year. Got a pair of Sig Kilo 10k, and a Vortex Impact wmlrf. Blew my toy budget for the year. 🤣

I updated my range finding capabilities all around this year. Got a pair of Sig Kilo 10k, and a Vortex Impact wmlrf. Blew my toy budget for the year. 🤣
The Vortex one is mounted on rifle so will that be helpful? I'm curious on that unit. Yeah I hear great things on the sig kilo 10k and the data that comes with it

The Vortex one is mounted on rifle so will that be helpful? I'm curious on that unit. Yeah I hear great things on the sig kilo 10k and the data that comes with it
It's my first weapon mounted lrf so honestly not sure where it will be most useful for me. In my head it makes a lot of sense in blind unknown distance matches and not having to acquire the target twice, once with the binos and then when you get on the gun. Acquire, range and get your solution without coming off the gun. The 10ks have applied ballistics, and the vortex has Geoballistics. I've been able to get the exact solution from both of them.

Reactions: Schw15
It's my first weapon mounted lrf so honestly not sure where it will be most useful for me. In my head it makes a lot of sense in blind unknown distance matches and not having to acquire the target twice, once with the binos and then when you get on the gun. Acquire, range and get your solution without coming off the gun. The 10ks have applied ballistics, and the vortex has Geoballistics. I've been able to get the exact solution from both of the

Looks like I'm in, it will be my first time shooting this specific match.

Looking forward to it! Will be bringing the .300NM.
Great choice of caliber. Used it last year, and will again this year. What grain you running.

Reactions: kthomas
Out of curiosity, does anyone run solids for this comp? Specifically out of a .300NM?

Out of curiosity, does anyone run solids for this comp? Specifically out of a .300NM?
A few years ago I talked with someone that ran solids I think pva 212. He said he had good results and had no issue with misses or splash on hits. I have a few I might test again but I will shoot bergers in match

Reactions: kthomas