• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.204 Ruger Loads through Remington 700 VL SS

ptweet

Private
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2009
North Dakota
Hey guys,
I was just busy trying new powders at the reloading bench and I figured I would post the results, and a picture of my gun. Its a Remington VL SS Thumbhole with a 26" barrel 1/12 twist. Remington.com VL SS
_MG_1002.jpg

All the reloads had these characteristics:
<span style="font-weight: bold">Remington Cases</span> (New or Once Fired in this case)
-Flash Hole deburred using Redding tool
-Mouths slightly chamfered/ deburred
<span style="font-weight: bold">Remington 7.5 Benchrest Primers</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Hornady 32 grain V-Max Bullets</span>
Then 3 Different loads that I haven't used much (hence the test)
1. IMR 4064<span style="color: #FF0000"> 26 grains</span>
2. Varget <span style="color: #FF0000">27.8 grains</span>
3. H 322 <span style="color: #FF0000">25.5 grains</span>
This was at 100 yards.
All weighed out on a Lee balance. Rifle was cleaned and cooled before each trial and 6 shots were fired, 3 at the bottom first and 3 at the top. I have shot better groups with these loads, but this experiment took a while. I know my gun can shoot much better than this too. Anyone have a similar gun or a favorite load?

Re: .204 Ruger Loads through Remington 700 VL SS

I agree with you 99%. And although I don't agree with the rule, I will adhere to it in the future. Furthermore, we are in the reloading section, and if you read at the bottom of the link you just sent me you will see:

(this does not apply for people in the Reloading Section or For Sale Section )

Are you willing to share any of them VihtaVouri recipes? Are you using N140 or N540? I am very interested in using those. The quality sounds great!

Thanks for the heads up for the future. I didn't read all the stuff I should have!
eek.gif
I have been a Snipers Hide Reader forever. I just didn't have alot of anything to contribute!

Re: .204 Ruger Loads through Remington 700 VL SS

I don't shoot many of the 32's but when I did work up a load for it I got some extremely good groups from H335. I started with Hodgdon's online data adn worked up from there. I didn't get the same velocity that the factory Hornady ammo had (4095 fps vs. 4180-4200 fps) but the groups were quite a bit better.