• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

210 primer in a lapua size case???

djtjr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2009
New York
Guys I wouldnt know how to search for this but if I am out of fed 215 and wanted to do some shooting could I substitute a fed 210 in a lapua case without creating issues? Anything I should be aware of? I assume it won't create a high per sure situation but could it not ignite the whole colum etc?

Re: 210 primer in a lapua size case???

.338 Lapua? Since you mention the 215 I'll assume you mean the .338 flavor. I'd just go with another brand of magnum primer like Winchester.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: djtjr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I wouldnt know how to search for this but if I am out of fed 215 and wanted to do some shooting could I substitute a fed 210 in a lapua case without creating issues? Anything I should be aware of? I assume it won't create a high per sure situation but could it not ignite the whole colum etc?
</div></div>

If it is for the 338LM, that's a magnum cartridge with a large powder column, so I think a magnum primer is appropriate and as the fellow above states, just use another magnum primer, if you have some on hand.

I'm sure a 210M will ignite that column, but will it do it efficiently?

Chris

Assuming it's 338 LM, I would go with other magnum primers (Win, CCI, Remington) before I go with the 210.

Ok thanks guys yes sorry 338 Lapua I just am out of mag primers at the moment so wanted to get out since it's supposed to be an awesome weekend.

If you want to hit what you´re aiming at and not have hang fires then better get Fed 215s or 215Ms.

With such a large powder column I'd wait and get some more magnum primers.