• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 creedmoor

Was noticing today ADG 22 creedmoor brass has very loose headspace, like 7-9 thousands more than any 6.5 brass I’ve loaded. Definitely needs fire formed and wondering if it weakened the brass

Guys I am thinking about trying some Hammer Bullets in my 22 creed AR 10 with a 22"proof carbon barrel with 7.5 twist. I was talking to the bullet company and they were telling me I could shoot essentially projectiles in the 30gr range up to 73gr range. Does this sound correct?

Id say no on 73. Says 7 twist and they are spot on with required twist in my experience. Excellent bullets though. Slightly less pressure with than regular bullets so stay on the faster burn rate side

Reactions: Zback
The bullet manufacturer is generally the authority on what twist their bullets require to perform properly. If you don’t trust their recommendations then buy some heavier than 73 grains shoot them and report back.

anybody else have any thoughts
Looking at other posts of setup's....
You should have NO issue running those.. 90grain + should not be an issue.
I am deducting this by what others have ran in there 22 CM.
I am not sure about if the heavy bullets will feed well though, as 100grainers in 6mm Creedmoor ar10 gassers have had some of the bullets not feeding well... NOT ALL, but some of those heavies, and this may relate to the 22 CM as well if up in the 100 grainers, but I will not be running them, as 1- there NOT available, not what I want for varmints, and they are expensive. 77 -88grains will be great for my needs.

Example:
Perterson's Brass says for the MAX load of 22 creedmoor with 80gr bullet withH4350 is 36.3 and has a 62.223 psi pressure.
Yet EVERYONE is loading this WAY over this MAX... w/o issue... in fact on PETERSON's website they say the "DO NOT USE THE BELOW LOADS IN YOUR RIFLE" EXP 80 Grain BERGER VLD TARGET H4350 with 40.5 Grains with a Velocity of 3,500 FPS with a pressure of 77,343 PSI..

On one hand a manufacture.... says you MUST HAVE a 1/7 or greater twist to run over a 75 bullet.... yet guys do-in-it all day long with 88's grainers
And the manufacture of brass says "NO WAY can you have a load of 40 grains of H4350 in the 22CM yet everyone on this website is doing in in spades, w/o issue. (Have yet to see a video of someone loosing there face or eye on "screw u Tube.com" yet)
I will not be loading them that hot in my Gasser.

In terms of this 22 creedmoor, the manufactures recommendations have been that, recommendations.

I will also add, that I have been running 88 grain ELD's out of a 22 inch 1/7 twist AR10 22 creedmoor gas passer. Have yet to check accuracy extremes, but so far it seems good. (not had time to mess with loads)
Hope that helps.... you can always page through the 12 pages and decide.

Last edited:
Hammers are different. I tried running the 75’s in my 7 twist hoping the additional speed would compensate. Not even close. The 83’s are excellent

FYI guys shooters world 4350 is in stock 8 pound at Midway they have the 1 pound in stock as well

Anyone know where I can pick up a couple hundred new Peterson 22 Creedmoor cases? I missed out on a box of 500 and haven’t seen any available since.

Complaint is they don’t have a very good search engine on that website
I guess says that’s also why you don’t find them coming up when you do a search for say 22 Creedmoor brass

I'd go with the Peterson, but plenty of guys have good luck with Lapua 6 CM necked down. One less step in the process. Can also fireform Lapua 22-250 brass, but it'll come out just a little short in the neck.

Alpha makes 22 Creed brass, but I haven't seen any for a while. Hornady as well.

Reactions: laker415
would it be a safe assumption that I can load my 22-243 to same loads as my 22 creedmoor? Anyone have experience in this? How about my 22-250 ackley?

thanks John

@orkan have you played with the 22 GT at all? Curious your thoughts on that cartridge in general.

It can’t do what the creed can do. Not a “bad” cartridge. Just not as good in my eyes.

Any insider info on when we can get access to OCD Alpha for creed? Inching closer to getting mine put together (just waiting on a barrel) and hoping to run that brass.

Almost broke down the other day to pick up 22GT OCD brass but held strong.

Awesome! Looking forward to it, thanks again for the testing videos.

Reactions: orkan
I've only shot 77tmk out my gun as they shoot very well: proven loads from a 22" 8tw on a Tikka using lapua 6cr necked down and turned for 4k chamber clearance:
42.6gr N555 @ 3385 fps
43.6gr RL23 @ 3410 fps
45.5gr rl26 @ 3470 fps
All cci450 primers seated -20k
All loads shoot tiny clusters at 100y and under half moa at 500y. This is a deer/antelope/coyote gun.

I've only shot 77tmk out my gun as they shoot very well: proven loads from a 22" 8tw on a Tikka using lapua 6cr necked down and turned for 4k chamber clearance:
42.6gr N555 @ 3385 fps
43.6gr RL23 @ 3410 fps
45.5gr rl26 @ 3470 fps
All cci450 primers seated -20k
All loads shoot tiny clusters at 100y and under half moa at 500y. This is a deer/antelope/coyote gun.
Nice, I might try the 77tmk/r23 combo this winter

Lapua virgin
Sierra 65 game king
39 gr. Varget
Cci br4
3576 fps
Green mountain 20” 1-9 twist button rifled barrel
25 rounds down it. Should speed up😎
What are you getting for loaded neck dia with the lapua, the 6mm Peterson I had was too thick.

Lapua 6cm necked down and turned to 0.0145, loaded od .253 257nk chamber cut to 130k freebore.
CCI 450
47gr rl26
73 Absolute Hammer
10k off jam oal 2.686"
3700fps
One hole at 100y, avg 1.4" @ 400 with 4 different 3 shot groups, hunting load.

Lapua 6cm necked down and turned to 0.0145, loaded od .253 257nk chamber cut to 130k freebore.
CCI 450
47gr rl26
73 Absolute Hammer
10k off jam oal 2.686"
3700fps
One hole at 100y, avg 1.4" @ 400 with 4 different 3 shot groups, hunting load.
Barrel length?

Round 26 and rifle is blooded
555A1306-0B5A-4CCF-8822-D1576531BA75.jpeg

@Dogsniper obviously the 65gn sgk's worked, based upon the photo. How did they do on entrance & exit holes? I understand that 1 coyote is a far cry from field vetting, but curious what your thoughts are on that bullet performance. I have 500 of them and a new 20" 8tw 22cm coming for my son. Primary uses will be deer, yotes and hogs.

@Dogsniper obviously the 65gn sgk's worked, based upon the photo. How did they do on entrance & exit holes? I understand that 1 coyote is a far cry from field vetting, but curious what your thoughts are on that bullet performance. I have 500 of them and a new 20" 8tw 22cm coming for my son. Primary uses will be deer, yotes and hogs.
They work great . Couldn’t really see the entrance, exit was the size of a nickel-quarter. I think they are perfect for your intended use . I’ve shot coyotes and cats with them in 223.
My favorite thing is not having to worry about bullet splash when they hit bone. Unlike varmint bullets. Obviously that isn’t as fast as the creed. This dog was about 100 yards , bang flop.

Reactions: Huckleberry75
22 creedmoor is an excellent hunting/predator cartridge! It's a laser beam. I dont know if I'd run one in comps due to barrel life but if a guy were to do so, probably spin a few barrels at once. I've got 440 rounds on mine and surprisingly throat wear doesn't look that bad but I've been running rl23/rl26 and N555 for most my shooting. Not the typical 4350 burn rates. I don't get it hot, 3-5 shots and cool. The typical 257 neck reamers don't do well with lapua 6cm necked down, as cases will need turned, but 258-259nk works well.

Reactions: SWgeezer
22 creedmoor is an excellent hunting/predator cartridge! It's a laser beam. I dont know if I'd run one in comps due to barrel life but if a guy were to do so, probably spin a few barrels at once. I've got 440 rounds on mine and surprisingly throat wear doesn't look that bad but I've been running rl23/rl26 and N555 for most my shooting. Not the typical 4350 burn rates. I don't get it hot, 3-5 shots and cool. The typical 257 neck reamers don't do well with lapua 6cm necked down, as cases will need turned, but 258-259nk works well.
works well with Hornady 6 cm, I had issues with hangfires using lapua 6cm small rifle primers also

Reactions: Trapper1956
works well with Hornady 6 cm, I had issues with hangfires using lapua 6cm small rifle primers also
I have only had 2 hang fires, rl26 in 10° weather oddly the velocity was only about 20fps slow and still landed sub moa in grouping.

Reactions: SWgeezer
I have only had 2 hang fires, rl26 in 10° weather oddly the velocity was only about 20fps slow and still landed sub moa in grouping.
yes it surprised me too, I wish I could find some rl26, I have switched to H4350 that I was saving for other CM chamberings.

My reamer is a .2575 neck and I run necked down Lapua 6.5 srp brass without any issues. but of course each rifle is different. I run Hornady brass when calling and I can loose pieces, and run Lapua when running on steel or deer hunting.

My reamer is a .2575 neck and I run necked down Lapua 6.5 srp brass without any issues. but of course each rifle is different. I run Hornady brass when calling and I can loose pieces, and run Lapua when running on steel or deer hunting.
I've found lapua 6.5 creedmoor brass to be thinner than 6mm by a 001-0015 per side, so that does make sense.

by the time you get it to 22cal… I’m sure you’d pick the thickness back up.
Thats kinda what I though but I was able to slip a bullet with light resistance back into a 6.5mm case that wasn't turned, the 6mm I had to force a bullet in. Turned everything to 253 loaded neck diameter so 0145 per side. Good to go now in my 257 nk chamber tighter necks just cause pressure issues that aren't necessary. I'd rather have 6k clearance Than 3k.

have any of you tried the PBB with their 22CM 95smk cut?

I'm still new to reloading and trying to figure out if I can get away with the normal ream so I can get a little more life out of my throat.

I only plan on hopefully running the 95 SMK so I hope it preforms well.

@orkan Any secret squirrel info re update on timing Alpha 22 Creed brass?

Just waiting on brass to get some dummies made and the barrel chambered.

@orkan Any secret squirrel info re update on timing Alpha 22 Creed brass?

Just waiting on brass to get some dummies made and the barrel chambered.

n00g7, if you need brass for dummy rounds, I can ship you a few of my new neck-turned converted Lapua brass. Pm me an address if you want it.
S. Grasseth

• Love
Reactions: n00g7