• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

22 female senior citizen rifle & scope?

Halvis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
Greenville, SC
Mom wants a rifle for garden guarding. Rabbits primarily, occasional copperhead or timber rattler. From what I have read here, CZ seems to make the most accurate bolt action for the money. Which model would you recommend to your mom, and what scope? trying to keep the package under $800, most shots taken from perched above at 45-75 yards from her deck. (By the time she gets down the hill with her shotgun, the critters have magically vanished)

Re: 22 female senior citizen rifle & scope?

Look at the Izhmash Biathlon basic rifle . The toggle bolt is pretty easy to operate and the rifles are phenominally accurate . Mount a Mueller APV 4.5-14 scope on it and you should have several 100 dollars left over to supply her with ammunition .

ruger 10/22 semi or 77/22 bolt savage makes a bunch of 22 bolts. i dont think i have $800 in my built up 10/22. oh but in case you didint know, i am kinda cheap. but if its just a bunny shooter for keeping by the door, you can get a good gun and alot of ammo for alot less than $800

Gotta go with Michael's info on this. The Izhmash Biathlon is a pretty sweet shooting rifle for the price. The scope is right on the money too. I would second that nomination.
smile.gif

well you guys are making me feel like i sold my mom short. all i bought her was a used marlin off a guy walking around the gunsjow and a 3-9x40 takeoff scope from a buddy. all for just $90. and since she hasnt shot it since i gave it to her like 2 years ago, it was money well spent, lol