• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

22 Rimfire barre choices/recommendations

doninreno

Private
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2018
I am about to buy, have chambered and install a new barrel on my 1964 production Rem 40X (screwed up by SOMEONE with a cleaning rod in the last 55 years, so now shoots shotgun patterns instead of rifle GROUPS!) and am pondering what barrel and what reamer? I have a Lilja on an Annie I have and like that a lot and a benchmark 2 groove on a Kimber 82G that shoots OK, but throws an occasional flyer (ammo? Bedding? haven't figure that one out yet), but have MANY Kriegers on center fires that shoot very well....so the choices are likely one of those three. Any advice/recommendations? Next thing would be a reamer choice....and I have several options available...several friends have offered their owned reamers to me..one is a Nevius reamer, one is a 429417 Lilja Match RF finish reamer From PTG and then there is the possibility of having a reamer custom ground for me. I have not made an ammo selection yet, but am tending toward maybe LAPUA Center-X, Wolf Match Extra, or maybe SK Pistol Match (which a lot of us have found to shoot VERY nicely in a rifle). So now I am wondering about what reamer and ammo combination and looking for input/comments/suggestions on all that. Main use for this 40X will be Mini-Palma (which is basically f-Open for .22LR shot at 100 yards using f-Open rests, etc.) I would be interested to see what kind of input/experiences any and all of you have had!

Thanks!

I slug a lot of 22cal blanks and i like Shilen ratchet. Mueller as well if you can get one. Benchmark usually slug out well also Krieger and Bartlein are good if they are perfect from one end to the other. Some are not and they dont taper lap their barrels.
The Nevius is a solid reamer as is the JGS Match. Good luck Lee Gardner Precision

Reactions: Craig Brown