• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .22LR/.223/.22-250 suppressor? Can it be done?

BenY 2013

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
SW Arkansas
Posted this on Silencertalk but figured I'd post it here as well..

I apologize if this has been asked already, but I couldn't find much on it. I have a Form 1 one the way and 6.25" to play with(originally just a .22lr suppressor). I got to thinking that I'd like to suppress my AR15 and my .22-250 as well with this IF possible. If it is not I will just do another tax stamp at a later date. But I'd really like to be able to use this can between all three hosts.

It will be made of stainless steel so I will be able to disassemble and clean all of the .22LR residue out of it.

I'd like it to be as small in diameter as possible. I was going to go with 1.25" for the .22 but figure that it may need to be larger for the other calibers. Does it need to be 1.5"?

What would be the best kind of baffle design? K, M, etc.? I was going to use Ks for the .22.

Any input, drawings, or anything would be greatly appreciated! Thank you guys!

See this is why I hate waiting on things... I start thinking and wanting to change things...

Ben

i would go with 1.5" & 6"-7" for the 22-250, take apart - for the .22lr mostly (you wouldn't believe how much crap is in my 308 can) , cones for rifle baffles - K&M's will work but cones are recommended for full size rifle

You can do that, but after having a dedicated .22lr can and a .308 can (both form 1), I can't see using the big one on a .22. I'm thinking you would give up some performance with that length unless you went with a larger diameter. Get your other form 1 submitted now and you'll have it back before you know it. Yes, 8 months is a long time, but not really. They are pretty much like rifles ..... you need more than one.

Since you are on silencer talk you can search my user name (same as here) for pics of what I have done. The cans I've built all work really well. They are in the completed builds thread.

I would for sure do another Form 1 for a .30cal can. I was just hoping since the bore size is roughly the same for these calibers I could make one suppressor for the 3 hosts. I have seen your work, top notch for sure!

Ben