• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25 Creedmoor

Boom!

Attachments

• F4DF62ED-ECE4-429B-8B45-6D1029529ED8.jpeg
    F4DF62ED-ECE4-429B-8B45-6D1029529ED8.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 265
  • E8A0E514-948A-4564-8EC2-3D64BA821BFF.jpeg
    E8A0E514-948A-4564-8EC2-3D64BA821BFF.jpeg
    492.5 KB · Views: 264
@coldboremiracle , I keep refreshing their website, waiting for it to pop up available
I use the free app Webalert to monitor changes to web pages. You can set how often to check for updates and even what part of page to check if you wish. Saves me a ton of time from constantly checking stuff on my phone. Especially since I am driving several hours every day and need to leave the phone alone.

25 CM brass from Alpha Munitions is in stock and selling fast. Real time updating on in stock.

Reactions: khuber84
I bought 300 pieces. Dudes on Alphas Instagram hit me up when it went on the site.

Cool cartridge, I'm also a fan of the old 25-06 and 257 roberts for hunting. I think the 25 creedmoor could be a viable option for the general public, if they could get manufactured ammunition at a reasonable price (so would probably mean enough sales volume). I've found 6mm CM is still not the easiest cartridge to find on store shelves, and it's been around a few years. Which as another poster stated above, is why I went with 6.5 as a non-handloader.

Why isn't there more logged load data and info out on this cartridge yet? Lol they sold 5k pieces or brass in less than 3 hours.......

It’s so similar to the 6.5 counterparts, eapecially if you’re shooting the 130gr class projectiles. I plan on using the same powder and break-in charge as I did with my 6.5x47 once I get my 25x47L barrel in.

Ordered brass yesterday and a bartlien heavy Palma prefit from bugholes.

Anyone know if blackjack is out of blanks? Went on there and they didn’t have a single showing in any category. Not even showing out of stock. I found it odd.

Blackjack pulled everything off the website while they're on vacation, available components and bullets will be back up once they get back from Europe is my understanding.

Awesome thanks! Any idea when that is?

Anyone know if blackjack is out of blanks? Went on there and they didn’t have a single showing in any category. Not even showing out of stock. I found it odd.

Blackjack pulled everything off the website while they're on vacation, available components and bullets will be back up once they get back from Europe is my understanding.

partially true, Paypal has also locked our account for "firearms related" products. We will not be able to process CC transactions until we are both back in the states. If you need a barrel blank or reamer you can call or text me 580-330-2424 (text is preferred). Bullet orders will have to wait until the website is back up and running.

Just don't worry, we aren't shutting down or going out of business. Just dealing with some communist crap at a very inopportune time.

Correct, you can basically use 6.5CM load data for 130 grain bullets.

And this basically answered the question I had.

The only other question I have is has anyone used Starline SRP brass? When I was ordering brass, Peterson and Alpha were out of stock, and I didn't want to convert any of my 4x fired Alpha brass for a new barrel, so I ordered 200 pieces of Starline.

And this basically answered the question I had.

The only other question I have is has anyone used Starline SRP brass? When I was ordering brass, Peterson and Alpha were out of stock, and I didn't want to convert any of my 4x fired Alpha brass for a new barrel, so I ordered 200 pieces of Starline.

We have had some customers try it. One had major accuracy issues. Switched to Lapua and no more issues. YMMV

Reactions: canezach
partially true, Paypal has also locked our account for "firearms related" products. We will not be able to process CC transactions until we are both back in the states. If you need a barrel blank or reamer you can call or text me 580-330-2424 (text is preferred). Bullet orders will have to wait until the website is back up and running.

Just don't worry, we aren't shutting down or going out of business. Just dealing with some communist crap at a very inopportune time.

You just answered my question. All my stuff is coming in shortly and I just need some bullets for load development. Hopefully y'all can resolve the issue shortly!!

Reactions: Diverhunter
I've been working with a 25 for 2 months now... At many seating depths and with multiple powders(significant amounts of different charge weights), I have never been able to get under 1.4" groups. It has a 7 twist xcaliber, so I called xcaliber to be told that with the dimensions of the 131 gr ACE that I was over twisting the bullet @ 305000 rpm. The barrel did show excessive copper after only 35 rounds, like it was ripping the jackets. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any advice to get this mother bear shooting to it's potential? I've been through the basics of checking for loose components and I've switched out optics, I see a bunch of you guys having great results with this caliber and really want it to work out.

I've been working with a 25 for 2 months now... At many seating depths and with multiple powders(significant amounts of different charge weights), I have never been able to get under 1.4" groups. It has a 7 twist xcaliber, so I called xcaliber to be told that with the dimensions of the 131 gr ACE that I was over twisting the bullet @ 305000 rpm. The barrel did show excessive copper after only 35 rounds, like it was ripping the jackets. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any advice to get this mother bear shooting to it's potential? I've been through the basics of checking for loose components and I've switched out optics, I see a bunch of you guys having great results with this caliber and really want it to work out.

You took the gamble on a low quality barrel and lost.

Cleaning the barrel back down to bare metal, polishing with JB, slowing the load down a node, might help. Past that it's a tomato stake.

Last edited:
Has anyone received there alpha brass yet? Jus curious

I'm sorry you have having issues. We have only had a hand full of customers with problems and have all been resolved after a few conversations about what is going on. Can you give me a list of Cartridge, Brass, powder, primers, action, stock, and gunsmith you are using? The twist rate is not too fast our 131's have held up to 340K RPMs without coming apart, some bullets cannot handle that but these will. The 1:7 ensures that you see the full BC out of the bullets.

I'm sorry you have having issues. We have only had a hand full of customers with problems and have all been resolved after a few conversations about what is going on. Can you give me a list of Cartridge, Brass, powder, primers, action, stock, and gunsmith you are using? The twist rate is not too fast our 131's have held up to 340K RPMs without coming apart, some bullets cannot handle that but these will. The 1:7 ensures that you see the full BC out of the bullets.
Cartidge: 25 creedmoor(Manson Reamer)
Powder: H4350, Rl 16, H4831sc, IMR 4451
Brass: Lapua 6.5 creed lrp, Starline 6.5 srp, and even some Nosler 6.5 lrp
Primers: Federal 205m, BR-4, Br-2, Federal 210m
Action: Remington 700
Stock: MDT ACC

A Plate Right,
Can you post some more stats to help sherlock this through? Velocity, Who chambered your x-Cal?, SG with using a calculator like the Berger stability calc? Barrel break-in process? neck tension, jump? Is your Rem 700 "Blueprinted"/Trued to your barrel?
I don't see how you can OVER twist the bullet with a 1-7" at 25 CM velocities when that and 1-7.25" is what Blackjack (THE BULLET DESIGNER) recommends. If you were shooting a 25-284 or 25 PRC, with a 1-7", over-twisting sheer make sense to me, but otherwise I don't know if that's a viable explanation.
A burr in the rifling, a nick in the target crown, or barrel contact with the stock, over torque on the muzzle break (if applicable) are the only other things I can spitball as possibilities.

Last edited:
That's why I called xcaliber, it didn't add up to me either. They are the ones who mentioned the high rpm. I'm just looking for answers/explanations. I'm running a .283 neck bushing. I've seated at 5, 10, 12, 17, and 25 thou off the lands.

Action, and prefit barrel in hand. Now just need some brass and bullets and we can get this started. I keep reading that most guys are using the .282 bushing, is this correct ?

That's why I called xcaliber, it didn't add up to me either. They are the ones who mentioned the high rpm. I'm just looking for answers/explanations. I'm running a .283 neck bushing. I've seated at 5, 10, 12, 17, and 25 thou off the lands.

Any way to get a good video or pictures of the bore? I'm wondering if there is a burr or the lead is a little rough. Need a good bore scope to see it though.

Just out of curiosity, how much have you loaded and can you get consistent groups in other loads for other rifles? Not trying to attack you in any way, but just want to get an idea on the ammo variable, since factory isn't an option.

I've messed with a few x-calibers and they were dead nuts accurate, but that doesn't mean a bad one can't slip out. Their customer service was top notch when I had an issue, but it was a glaringly obvious defect (muzzle threads cut to large).

Gauge pin the muzzle. See if the bore isn't trumpeting near the crown.

Any way to get a good video or pictures of the bore? I'm wondering if there is a burr or the lead is a little rough. Need a good bore scope to see it though.

Just out of curiosity, how much have you loaded and can you get consistent groups in other loads for other rifles? Not trying to attack you in any way, but just want to get an idea on the ammo variable, since factory isn't an option.

I've messed with a few x-calibers and they were dead nuts accurate, but that doesn't mean a bad one can't slip out. Their customer service was top notch when I had an issue, but it was a glaringly obvious defect (muzzle threads cut to large).
No offense taken. I'm certainly not a master reloader, but am able to get consistent loads for other rifles. The loads that don't group well right now are single digit sd's. The barrel does seem to copper foul really quickly, I wonder if it's a matter of the 90 degree six groove rifling being harder on the bullet than 5R would be...

I haven't seen an aftermarket barrel foul very quick, but I have seen factory barrels that needed to be cleaned to bare metal every 15 rounds. Also seen finicky ones that would shoot 1/4 moa with one load, change any variable and it was back to 2moa. Chased a load for 400 rounds before we threw the barrel away on that one.

I'd check over the rest of the rifle, then call x-caliber and talk to them. Let them know blackjack said they're good to a much higher RPM.

Well somehow when I placed my order for alpha brass, my card was charged but my order never went through. Carissa @ alpha emailed me today to notify me of the issue. They promptly took care of it and got my order shipped. Even took care of the shipping which wasn’t necessary. Top notch folks at Alpha

I just recieved my 25 alpha brass and my CCI BR-2 do not seem to be seating deep enough meaning the primer pockets seem to shallow. Ever run into this issue?

I really hope you meant BR4 printers, not BR2. Alpha brass is small rifle primer brass. BR2 is a large rifle primer.