• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25 Creedmoor

Yea, Josh's PTG reamer was fucked up so he sent it back. I'm a PVA shooter and didnt know he had even gotten the original reamer yet since we havent talked about the .25 in months. As soon as he gets the new one, I'm getting one cut.

Yea, Josh's PTG reamer was fucked up so he sent it back. I'm a PVA shooter and didnt know he had even gotten the original reamer yet since we havent talked about the .25 in months. As soon as he gets the new one, I'm getting one cut.
I messaged Jeremy months ago about doing a prefit with a reamer from Blackjack but he wasn't sure about it working with his CNC lathe. They are so backed up with work that I didn't follow up anymore.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I’m picking more than anything. Factory hunting ammunition usually sells at a premium. If the bullet in question is performing then why pay more for a “hunting bullet”. That’s my point.

Some target bullets like hornady’s 140gr bthp do not perform well and I would never use them again.

Very surprising though. I used 140gr BTHP that hornady offers and had great results this season. I took 2 bucks and 2 javalinas. All but the biggest buck were DRT. The big buck, that did run, left huge massive pools of blood in the brush.

Very surprising though. I used 140gr BTHP that hornady offers and had great results this season. I took 2 bucks and 2 javalinas. All but the biggest buck were DRT. The big buck, that did run, left huge massive pools of blood in the brush.
At 155 yards they came apart. Massive damage but not what i’m looking for. I shot three between 365 and 375. One behind the shoulder. It ran about 100 yards and expired. Very little exit wound. Maybe a quarter. The bullet didnt expand. The other two were shot just in front of the front shoulder (my favorite spot). I had to cut both their throats. This has never happened before at any distance and with any other cartridge. My .30 carbine at 100 yards will drop them in their tracks. The 147 eldm held together up close and expanded nicely at distance just as any good cup and core bullet would.

At 155 yards they came apart. Massive damage but not what i’m looking for. I shot three between 365 and 375. One behind the shoulder. It ran about 100 yards and expired. Very little exit wound. Maybe a quarter. The bullet didnt expand. The other two were shot just in front of the front shoulder (my favorite spot). I had to cut both their throats. This has never happened before at any distance and with any other cartridge. My .30 carbine at 100 yards will drop them in their tracks. The 147 eldm held together up close and expanded nicely at distance just as any good cup and core bullet would.

Ive seen just the opposite, a 147 (from a 260ai) than didnt open at all on an elk shoulder (at 600 yds tho). And we used the Hornady 140 BTHP (260rem) to take a big bull elk a couple months ago, they worked as expected.

Interesting feedback on the 147. Have seen some guys with good success with it, but I shot a big axis deer in the (thick) neck with a 130 ELDM at 200 yds and it completely penciled through. Literally 0 expansion. Deer dropped dead like most neck shots, but I was not impressed.

Did some initial load development for the 25 Creed. Looking good but I’m going to get a non-bushing sizer made.

Ive seen just the opposite, a 147 (from a 260ai) than didnt open at all on an elk shoulder (at 600 yds tho). And we used the Hornady 140 BTHP (260rem) to take a big bull elk a couple months ago, they worked as expected.

Reactions: jrkotz
Interesting feedback on the 147. Have seen some guys with good success with it, but I shot a big axis deer in the (thick) neck with a 130 ELDM at 200 yds and it completely penciled through. Literally 0 expansion. Deer dropped dead like most neck shots, but I was not impressed.

Did some initial load development for the 25 Creed. Looking good but I’m going to get a non-bushing sizer made.

Could you let me know where and when you are getting it made? I would be interested in one of those as well.

Not to be personal, but any idea about how much one of those would run?

Reactions: jrkotz
This is good to know. Been waiting on a Nucleus 25 cm barrel

I have a 22 cm. 80gr Berger. 3450 FPS. 5.7 mils to 1000.

There have been quite a few cartridges built off the Creedmoor casing. 22 and 6mm are going to be hard to beat though.

I put an order in with Whidden for a custom die and attached the reamer print with some additional notes on my neck measurements.

$165-185? Can’t remember right now but you can check his site.

Could you let me know where and when you are getting it made? I would be interested in one of those as well.

Not to be personal, but any idea about how much one of those would run?

Blackjack has a very limited order of Proof 1:7.5 blanks coming in April. At $730 it's out of my price range but just the thing for those wondering what to do with their tax refunds.

Reactions: nrspence
I have a 22 cm. 80gr Berger. 3450 FPS. 5.7 mils to 1000.

There have been quite a few cartridges built off the Creedmoor casing. 22 and 6mm are going to be hard to beat though.
Depends on what you mean by hard to beat. Im sure people were saying the same thing about 22-250’s and .243’s, then along came the Creedmoor.

Just so everyone is aware been waiting on a reamer from blackjack for a few weeks now. They seem to be back logged a bit.

Just so everyone is aware been waiting on a reamer from blackjack for a few weeks now. They seem to be back logged a bit.

Late last year they were told by Manson that they would be in by January and the most recent estimate was "after SHOT," with JGS following a couple weeks behind. I'm also waiting for one as well.

Reactions: nrspence
My son just took his third deer with the 25 Creedmoor last night, he punched through both lungs at 500 yds, and then hit him again right as he crashed seconds later.

Reactions: Bear24
Late last year they were told by Manson that they would be in by January and the most recent estimate was "after SHOT," with JGS following a couple weeks behind. I'm also waiting for one as well.

Yes, BJB is at the mercy of the manufacture at this point. We have passed on every update we have gotten and expect them to be here soon. SHOT has delayed delivery by a couple weeks and currently a major storm has hit MI and not helping matters.

Yes, BJB is at the mercy of the manufacture at this point. We have passed on every update we have gotten and expect them to be here soon. SHOT has delayed delivery by a couple weeks and currently a major storm has hit MI and not helping matters.
I’ve never been accused of being a patient man, and I understand they are at the mercy of the manufacturer. Looking forward to receiving it.

Just ordered my lilja MTU blank. What's the Ace's bullet length?

I’ve got a 25-06 that shoots incredible, but I’m limited because the guy that built the rifle put a 12 twist on it for whatever reason. I already have all the brass, dies etc, so I’m thinking of redoing it with one of these fast twist barrels and putting some bottom metal on it. Right now a 100 gr NBT and a stout load of R22 will get me 3450, but that’s the biggest bullet that I can shoot. Would be interesting to see what it would do with these bullets.

My new rig will have a steady diet of 131g bullets. I Ordered 2k of them. For any skeptics - just plug this bullet into your ballistic calculator and try to control the mouth drop. Then adjust the B.C from .330 to the real world reports of .350. It’s legit.

Attachments

• A8D1796B-F845-45DC-AF53-B48A36299C7E.jpeg
    A8D1796B-F845-45DC-AF53-B48A36299C7E.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 96
Already posted pics in the TL3 thread, but I’m just so dang excited figured I’d share here too! Lol!

Bighorn TL3-SA NP3 coated with AW cut
Bartlein 5R M24 1-7.25 finished at 24”
Chambered in 25CM
All smith work done by Southern Indiana Precision
Huber Concepts 2 Stage Trigger
Area 419 Hellfire break
McMillan A5-A Woodland Carbon Ambush
Hawkins Precision Bottom Metal
Atlas CAL Bi-Pod
Weibad Cheek Riser Pad
Gen II PST 5-25x50 FFP Mil/Mil
Vortex PMR Rings
TBAC Ultra 7 currently in jail

Already posted pics in the TL3 thread, but I’m just so dang excited figured I’d share here too! Lol!

Chambered in 25CM
Area 419 Hellfire break
Atlas CAL Bi-Pod
Weibad Cheek Riser Pad
Vortex PMR Rings
View attachment 7054762View attachment 7054764View attachment 7054765View attachment 7054770

That's beautiful, man, well done!

Reactions: TacT-MecH

Chambered in 25CM
Area 419 Hellfire break
Atlas CAL Bi-Pod
Weibad Cheek Riser Pad
Vortex PMR Rings
View attachment 7054762View attachment 7054764View attachment 7054765View attachment 7054770
Is that Alpha brass and Blackjack Bullets?

Is that Alpha brass and Blackjack Bullets?
Can’t believe I didn’t put that in there?
Of corse! Both of those are absolute top notch components! Prime em with FGMM Small Rifle Primers and fill em with H4350, had an SD of 9 while fire forming brass. Need to do a final chrono because I’m sure my barrel has sped up a bit since I checked it before the match!

Has anyone tried necking up Lapua 6 creed brass to 25 creed? If so how did it shoot? I'm not sure if it will make any "doughnuts" and I'm having a hard time finding any comments from people that have tried it.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried necking up Lapua 6 creed brass to 25 creed? If so how did it shoot? I'm not sure if it will make any "doughnuts" and I'm having a hard time finding any comments from people that have tried it.

Necking up 6mm Creed will push everything to the outside of the case and won't cause internal donuts. I suggest using a 21st Century expander mandrel to neck up 6mm brass to .257.

I’ve been told necking up can shorten necks and was advised to neck down. This was after I had already necked up 6 Creed Peterson brass. My observations were my concentricity remained perfect but the Peterson necks were too thick for my .289 reamer and I was getting weird random pressure signs. I switched to 6.5 Creed Lapua and necked down. Pressure signs went away but concentricity is pretty bad after first pass in die. Pressure problems went away though. I don’t like how I can’t size down to neck shoulder junction with bushing dies and so I’m waiting on a sizer from Whidden. I’ll have to do next reloads still with the bushing die so hopefully concentricity improves since it is floating and sizing down less.

Reactions: 257 Blackjack
I haven't necked up 6 Creedmoor to 25 Creedmoor, but I have necked 243 up to 260 without issue. If it shortened the necks at all it was too little to matter. This was with Lapua brass.

Reactions: Masona and Bear24
I’ve been told necking up can shorten necks and was advised to neck down. This was after I had already necked up 6 Creed Peterson brass. My observations were my concentricity remained perfect but the Peterson necks were too thick for my .289 reamer and I was getting weird random pressure signs. I switched to 6.5 Creed Lapua and necked down. Pressure signs went away but concentricity is pretty bad after first pass in die. Pressure problems went away though. I don’t like how I can’t size down to neck shoulder junction with bushing dies and so I’m waiting on a sizer from Whidden. I’ll have to do next reloads still with the bushing die so hopefully concentricity improves since it is floating and sizing down less.
I neck up Winchester 243 cases for my 260.
I have 30+ shots in some of them.

I usually size up to .257 then .264 in a 21st century expander die.

You can get donuts necking up thick shouldered brass but they are easily dealt with.

I like seeing the quarter bore get some love.

well im sticking with the 250 savage, mcgowan makes savage prefit in 1:8 twist barrels.
i have easily got 42grs of reloader 17 under berger 115 gr hunter/match bullets. started seeing flattened primers.
bumped back to 40grs and much better and an avg 3065 fps but the 1:10 twist barrel doesnt give good accuracy with it.
i think i can get the 131's to 2850fps. so ill post what happens with the tighter twist barrel.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, in my rifle at least (26" barrel), H4350 is about 25 fps faster than R16 grain for grain. Now R16 can take velocity higher to say 3050 without as much pressure, but it is highly compressed in Lapua brass.