• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25 Creedmoor

I have not experienced that. I only use CCI 450’s.
Thanks for your response. I'm not sure whats happening with the seating depth of these BR-4. I might give Bob a call at Alpha and see if he has heard of this issue. I will post if I find something out. Again thanks for the response.

Just curious, but how shallow are we talking? "Holy crap, my primer is sticking out of the pocket" shallow, or "just a little proud" shallow?

Love the idea of the 1/4 bore Creedmoor but to get the most out of it, the 7twist barrel scares me.

It’s a recipe for shorter barrel life. As a hunting gun, I wouldn’t be concerned too much but as a match rifle I’d be worried.

Fast twist is a recipe for shorter barrel life? Am I understanding you correctly? If that’s what you’re saying, how so?

It’s a recipe for shorter barrel life. As a hunting gun, I wouldn’t be concerned too much but as a match rifle I’d be worried.
Are you saying that minuscule added frictional wear throughout the barrel length is going to make you toss a barrel before throat erosion would?

Maybe do a gain twist if it worries you that much? I have no problem with the 1-7" in my 25x47, but I'm probably going to do a Bartlein left hand gain twist on my next barrel.

ware dem boolits at

Edit: Seriously, though. I got my barrel inbound and still got no bullets.

We took partial shipment of the bullet run this week so we could get them out to everyone quicker. All orders that are already submitted will be shipped by Tuesday and hopefully our website will be back up by then for new orders.

I like to hear that. I have about 8 weeks before my new 1-7 25-06 is here.

I'm just hoping it doesn't spin 120 partitions to death as that's been my go-to deer and elk bullet for years.

So I was just getting around to loading up this new .25cm brass from alpha and the primer pockets are either too tight or too shallow bc no matter how I adjust the seating depth, the primers are still proud. Not only that, the brass wont extract from my AI. 3 other .308 based cartridges have no problem except for this new alpha brass. I called and left a message on the tech support line.

And the primers used were cci450s and fed 205's. Both are fine in my BR brass

And the primers used were cci450s and fed 205's. Both are fine in my BR brass

My first 200 small pocket 6.5 creed brass was the same way with 450s. They are definitely on the tight side. They will go though, took some playing with but they ended up just needing more force. I don't have an issue with them after the first firing being quite as tight but they are still tighter than most brass. I have 200 more heading this way, we will see how they are compared to the last lot.

I like to hear that. I have about 8 weeks before my new 1-7 25-06 is here.

I'm just hoping it doesn't spin 120 partitions to death as that's been my go-to deer and elk bullet for years.

Nothing wrong with using what you know but the 131's have proven 100% fatal with no tracking required on Game Animals. Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Hogs, and coyotes.

Reactions: MarkLeupold
Figured it out. The case rim is .004 thicker than lapua and hornady brass. I sized some 6.5cm lapua brass and it ejected perfectly. With the alpha brass, the only way the extractor would snap over the case is if I pulled the trigger. Not so with lapua brass.

We took partial shipment of the bullet run this week so we could get them out to everyone quicker. All orders that are already submitted will be shipped by Tuesday and hopefully our website will be back up by then for new orders.

I'm patiently waiting.

Nothing wrong with using what you know but the 131's have proven 100% fatal with no tracking required on Game Animals. Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Hogs, and coyotes.

When it comes to hunting, I have a hard time changing. I've never had one get away with a partition. I've never found one (they leave a nice exit), and I've screwed up and punched them in the shoulder. The base did it's thing and plowed through like a solid after the front half exploded in the shoulder.

I'm also never stretching past 500 (farthest so far was 425) because I just don't need to. The bc doesn't matter much at that range and I'll take something tried and true.

And I have a hard time hunting with match bullets. I've seen them do amazing things, good and bad.

When you get your hunting bullet to market I'll gladly try it out. In the meantime I have about 2000 bullets to burn though.

Last edited:
Reactions: BmanAZ and Bear24
4EBF849E-264F-48E2-8CBD-36AC197003B3.jpeg
Woohoo

Anyone have any updates on when the ace will be available again?
They were supposed to be able to sell them a few weeks ago. They are having problems with payment processing. It's out of their hands at this point is my understanding. Alot of red tape to find a new company to process stuff for firearms. In other words the liberals are making it difficult to buy things associated with our sport online. Hopefully for them it will be up and running soon as I know it's killing a huge amount of sales. Plenty of BB's to sell but no way to do it. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

They were supposed to be able to sell them a few weeks ago. They are having problems with payment processing. It's out of their hands at this point is my understanding. Alot of red tape to find a new company to process stuff for firearms. In other words the liberals are making it difficult to buy things associated with our sport online. Hopefully for them it will be up and running soon as I know it's killing a huge amount of sales. Plenty of BB's to sell but no way to do it. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
How were they able to sell in the first place?

How were they able to sell in the first place?
PayPal. But PayPal has decided not to do business with any company related to firearms. It's happened to alot of businesses that were using their service. PayPal has tied up money for in some cases 6 months or more before releasing it. I will personally never use their service again for anything. Liberals!

Anyone have any updates on when the ace will be available again?

They are available we just can't process Credit cards due to Paypal being anti 2A. We have been jumping through what seems like way too many hoops to get another Card processor on our website. It is SUPPOSE to be up today but we have been told that before. Believe me no one wants it working more than us!

start mailing money orders, folks. Bypass all them fuckers. May be a couple days extra wait, but better than waiting on some ass hat to allow BJ to sell their product.

start mailing money orders, folks. Bypass all them fuckers. May be a couple days extra wait, but better than waiting on some ass hat to allow BJ to sell their product.

That's what I was going to do if online wasn't back up by the time my next paycheck drops, lol

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Thanks for the patience guys. These anti-2A companies froze up our OPS but not nearly as bad as some of the other companies I've talked to in terms of time-frame and totals.

Anyhow, we are back up and running and we are shipping out A LOT of orders.

I saw a few comments about the fast twist-barrel life concern.

Talking with lots of guys on the phone you hear two concerns - Loss of MV and loss of barrel life.

We sold some very fast twist Rock Creek blanks for 6.5 years ago in anticipation of heavier-for-caliber bullets coming down the pipe - one of which should finally be released next month.

At that time 7 twist 6.5 blanks didn't hardly exist and a few guys were worried. Just like high performance 25 cal, some guys like to try new things and those blanks shot even faster than 8 twist with 25x47s in the same barrel lengths for whatever combination of factors. Barrel life differences - completely indeterminable.

We recommend blanks that will be completely stable to sea level and at least to freezing or under. If a guy is so concerned with twist rate please order what you need for adequate stability, but we are not going to stock blanks that will be marginally stable on temperature and altitude swings.

We have some cool things coming down the pipe but here's a sneak peak of the one I am most excited about.

257 Blackjack - cruise control at 3200 fps - more updates in the coming weeks.

We have a solid collective of testers on this one and I'm chomping at the bit to get them out in the field!

257 Blackjack Proto.jpg

Thanks for the patience guys. These anti-2A companies froze up our OPS but not nearly as bad as some of the other companies I've talked to in terms of time-frame and totals.

Talking with lots of guys on the phone you hear two concerns - Loss of MV and loss of barrel life.

We sold some very fast twist Rock Creek blanks for 6.5 years ago in anticipation of heavier-for-caliber bullets coming down the pipe - one of which should finally be released next month.

At that time 7 twist 6.5 blanks didn't hardly exist and a few guys were worried. Just like high performance 25 cal, some guys like to try new things and those blanks shot even faster than 8 twist with 25x47s in the same barrel lengths for whatever combination of factors. Barrel life differences - completely indeterminable.

We recommend blanks that will be completely stable to sea level and at least to freezing or under. If a guy is so concerned with twist rate please order what you need for adequate stability, but we are not going to stock blanks that will be marginally stable on temperature and altitude swings.

We have some cool things coming down the pipe but here's a sneak peak of the one I am most excited about.

We have a solid collective of testers on this one and I'm chomping at the bit to get them out in the field!

View attachment 7103593
if you need more testers haha i'm always up for loading funky stuff and don't mind a little extra recoil

View attachment 7103593
That is gorgeous!

JFR

Reactions: 257 Blackjack
I’m sure it’s been covered, and working my way through reading the entire thread, but

What kind of barrel life are people seeing with 25cm or 25xc?

How many rounds before the first velocity drop? And how many rounds before accuracy falls off?

I’m sure it’s been covered, and working my way through reading the entire thread, but

What kind of barrel life are people seeing with 25cm or 25xc?

How many rounds before the first velocity drop? And how many rounds before accuracy falls off?

Nobody I know of has burnt a barrel yet and I've got my eye on most of the sources of 25 cal information. Best estimates of barrel life are between 6 Creed and 6.5 Creed. I always like to say closer to 6.5 Creed because of increasing diameter causing a proportionally larger increase in bore surface area and volume, but it's just speculation.

So the 257 blackjack looks like a 6BR necked up?

The 257 Blackjack is definitely a magnum bolt face. BR capacity wouldn't get it near 3200 fps

Nobody I know of has burnt a barrel yet and I've got my eye on most of the sources of 25 cal information. Best estimates of barrel life are between 6 Creed and 6.5 Creed. I always like to say closer to 6.5 Creed because of increasing diameter causing a proportionally larger increase in bore surface area and volume, but it's just speculation.

The 257 Blackjack is definitely a magnum bolt face. BR capacity wouldn't get it near 3200 fps
It looks more like the WSM shortened a bit. Left a longer neck on it. Which is a good thing.

I gotta say for heavy round count comps this will do barrels no favors. But, for seriously reaching out there it's as good as anything out there in that relative class. That is regarding barrels. The shape of the bullet and the speed you are pushing it out is going to show up shortly, and show up well.

Reactions: 257 Blackjack

Yup you're probably right. Definitely keeping an eye on this one though. Still debating between 6 creedmoor or 25 creedmoor.

Speaking of which, is there a list of gunsmiths who will chamber for 25 creedmoor?