• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

250 vs 300

338sniper

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2012
I've been getting some great help from you guys , and I thank you, so hope this isnt to dumb a question. I'm shooting a savage 110 in .338 L/M . I've only used the smk 250 hpbt, with great results. When they all dried up I switched to the 250 berger hybrids , with a great loss of accuracy. I wanted to stick with 250 because my thinking is it dosent beat up the gun, or the brass like a heavier bullet would (not sure if I'm right about that) and less recoil, better accuracy (not sure about that either) 300 smk hpbt are still available on some of the web sites. I bought some Hornady Match, but not very good results , plus a box of 50 can vary as much as 2 grains. Your thoughts and suggestions please

Re: 250 vs 300

I would recommend trying them. The SMK's won't vary much in weight and bearing surface length. I don't think it's worth worrying about the difference in wear and tear on the gun. Personally, I have had way better luck with the 300's compared to the 250's.

Re: 250 vs 300

Thanks for the info. Just ordered 100. Will post a follow up after I whip up a batch and head for the range .