• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 260lb catfish

I've caught a few between 30 and 45pds and they were a handful! I can't imagine what that was like. Of course, he wasn't using 14lb line either I am sure.

I sure as hell wouldn't go swimming in that river!

I sure as hell wouldn't go swimming in that river!

i have read about commercial divers that have worked around dams that have requested spear guns b/c the cat were very large and intimidating. I wasn't sure what to make of that when I read it. Now I understand.

No fucking thank you. 20lb fish are scary enough for me. Then again I was scarred as a small child.

Call them folks for me and tell 'em to get the fryer ready. Tell 'em I'm coming right over with 250 lbs of hushpuppies and 400 lbs of cole slaw.

They used the same perspective trick with that photo as them folks in Missississississippi (sorry, I stutter) with their "hogzillas."

There is a live 204 lb catfish at the Bass pro shop just east of Kansas City MO, her name, if I can remember correctly, is Bess. I saw her about 4 years ago. Not as common as they were before, but they are still out there. A friend from Texas has told me some stories of the cats from when he was a kid some 45 years ago, rare places not far from Lubbock were the fishes eyes were bigger than golf balls. True or not, who knows, he had good stories though.
Anyway, check out Bess if you're in that area, maybe check online. She is something to see.

I'm going to go after those Italian monster catfish with my fly rod...going to use a 15 weight and toss a beer can as my popper...if I use live bait, I'll just tie a rope to my neighbors cat and shoot her out there like a Foxtail.

I've read reports of divers in the Mississippi seeing catfish the size of cars. Always thought it was another fish story until this. Thanks for the link op.

Last edited: