• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 280 Ackley Imp. Medium Hunter Allen S.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    Here we go Allen. Getting her setup to run next.

Were rockin this bugger now!

This action is a freak! It's a BAT Machine Model RL. Lots of features, facets, lugs, etc. Going to be fun programming this bugger.

Rastor the tang to a vector file:

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Setting up the stock:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

More to come. . .
    smile.gif

C.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Re: 280 Ackley Imp. Medium Hunter Allen S.

The receiver has 32 facets all the way around it. I was able to mirror this in the inlet surface model. This should be pretty cool. I speculate its often debated if we truly do surface model each receiver.

Hopefully this will settle the debate a bit. They are difficult to see in the CAD drawing. I could dicker around with the shading/lighting feature to illustrate it better, but I know they are there due to how I generated it. Lofted surfaces are handy for features like this.

DSC_0001-2.jpg

On we go. More to come. We'll be bedding this one today as well.

5x so far this AM. Not too chabby!
    smile.gif

C.

Bedding looks awesome!

All the little facets in the receiver are mirrored perfectly.

Pretty cool! Will be starting on 2ndary work hopefully later this week.

Pics to follow soon as we jump back on it.

C.

As excited as a guy is allowed to be (NeRdS!!) about a bedding job, this one pretty much takes the cake in my eyes.

It's a BAT Machine RL action. Pretty wild lookin. Came out really nice.

103_0570.jpg

103_0571.jpg

Chad i have a question on a different build you did.On a 300 norma mag the barrel had skip fluting on it did you d o the fluting on the barrel or did the barrel maker do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rottenron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chad i have a question on a different build you did.On a 300 norma mag the barrel had skip fluting on it did you d o the fluting on the barrel or did the barrel maker do it. </div></div>

Brux barrels in lodi wi.

C.

SORRY Guys I apologise i did not mean to be rude and brake in on the thread.I seen it on his web and i had to know i liked it alottttt.I will be getting a hold of you chad for my necks build.I like your work a lot your an artist.And like always the 280 looks awesome grate job chad.Sorry again