• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2910 yards with the 425 Cutting Edge Projectiles.

Kiwi Greg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
New Zealand
Madjon & I took the 375 DCM for a rock shoot again last weekend.

I wanted to attempt 3000 yards, with the help of Reds Terrapin I managed to get a range on some rocks at 2910 yards, 2660 meters for the non-dinosaurs out there.

I struck a few issues other than a flat tire & bruised shin & knee I suffered after the shooting.

I changed the rock I was shooting at for some reason ? old timers disease I guess & they are quite small at 0.5 x 0.75 moa.

I also had my elbow against a rock in the ground a couple of times which wasn't particularly pleasent with the recoil.

It all went pretty well really once the clean barrel settled down, until the wind got up a little bit & started pushing the projectiles around.

Looking forward to going back up there for another go once things have dried up abit so we can spot the shots a little easier.

The Nightforce ATACR is a really nice bit of kit, very easy to see whats going on, once the barrel mirage dissipates.

2910 yards with .375, 425 Cutting Edge Projectiles - YouTube

Last edited:
Looks like you was having vertical stringing. Have you checked your ES? Might want to try the K&M arbor press with strain gauge and sort rounds by every 5 in/lbs of seating pressure. Helped me greatly.

Looks like you was having vertical stringing. Have you checked your ES? Might want to try the K&M arbor press with strain gauge and sort rounds by every 5 in/lbs of seating pressure. Helped me greatly.

Thanks I will look into it.

Had pretty good verticle at 2050 & have had very little at 15-1800, like less than a couple of inches,

A lot of the times weather conditions, shooting position etc play a major part in shot dispersion,

Flight times beyond 4.5 seconds give the elements plenty of time to work on the projectile.

Your spotter needs to give some sort of unit of measure to be able to make adjustments off. "Low and a little left" is incredibly vague, especially when shooting at almost 3,000 yards.

Nice set-up though and I am still looking forward to getting a 2,000+ meter set-up myself.

Your spotter needs to give some sort of unit of measure to be able to make adjustments off. "Low and a little left" is incredibly vague, especially when shooting at almost 3,000 yards.

Nice set-up though and I am still looking forward to getting a 2,000+ meter set-up myself.

He doesn't do too bad for an old Fulla, at least he can see the strikes :)

Duh, I just noticed you wrote 425gr - didn't realize CE made heavier bullets. That's heavier than what I used to shoot in my .408 way back when.

does anybody use ramshot Magnum for 350 grain SMKs for any other bullet