• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd Annual Michigan Precision Rifle Challenge 2 slots left.

Huge thanks to all the sponsors that helped make this match such a success. I had so much fun trying to hit those little targets I have decided to start preparing for next years match immediately. I learned a lot this year from the tough obstacles showing my weaknesses to the seasoned shooters helping us with tips and pointers after seeing how we handled some of the stages. Looking forward to competing with all these great people again. Count me in for next year!

Robert K

Well i'll start buy saying Rich and the RO's did a great job and was busting there hump keeping the match moving as well as possible.
a little down time. . . no biggie it happens,long wait on some stages. . . . you get to shoot the bull and make new friends. . . .
And the sponsors gave very generous prizes! be sure to thank them.
and with every match i shoot i learned a few more things, 1 and this is a big one, DONT USE A 223! that will NOT happen again.
2 practice positional.
Was good to see new people shooting and it can only help this shooting sport grow.
Even though i made a horrible caliber choice and got pretty mad at myself at times i still had a good time and will be back.
I would like to give a big THANK YOU to Oakland Tactical for the use of the DTA and there donation to the prize table.
also THANKS to NightForce for the scope! it was a awesome end to a great weekend of shooting.
it was brought up to me to sell that NightForce and get a mail order bride. . . i said SHIIIT once the girls see me with that sweet optic
on top of my rig along with the gear i get from Oakland Tactical they will know i am O.A.F. and will be beating a path to my door!

I knew it! You took to many bathroom breaks for a human!!!!! My wife is Peg Prego and does the same!!!! Congrats

Great match from my view point. I was on glass all day Saturday spotting. They put together a bunch of great stages. I have seen before were they give the shooter say 1 min to find the targets and then time to shoot them. There was no time standing around looking for them and helping everyone. This would speed up everything but its not very popular if you cant find the targets. Rich is 100% correct in the group needs to help other shooters get there stuff together. Be ready to shoot when it is your turn. One way to get more ROs include them on the rifle or big prize raffle. I say ROs don't shoot. If they want to shoot the next year give them a pass for next year.

Great match guys keep it up!!!!!!

I just wanted to let all you guys know that Walter and I just found out that you were all competing against a pregnant woman throughout this match!

thats even a better prize then what i got! congrats on having a new shooter on the way!

Thanks everyone! We're very excited! The "three" of us had a blast shooting with all of you guys and it was a great match! We will definitely be returning next year! (Minus one) :p

I hope all that took prizes (everyone) has taken time to contact that sponsor to thank them. If not, please do. Thanks

One other thing I wanted to mention: Very cool of the the barreled action/chassis raffle winner from Oakland Tactical to gift his prize to the employee who humped gear around the ranges for 2 days. Nice prize, and well-deserved.

I don't think I deserved the gun(The backpack Mike won would have still been too much) but words cannot describe how thankful I am that Mike did that. I don't know how many of you knew, this but Saturday was my first day of work for Oakland Tactical which makes what he did even more incredible!

I would like to reiterate what some others have said on the overall attitude and demeanor of the shooters. After years in the military and shooting different types of matches both civilian and otherwise, I had an image in my mind of what the atmosphere of the match would be, the tacti-cool crowd with their big egos/mouths and the typical rudeness and intimidation they think lends to their credibility. However I was absolutely blown away by how friendly and helpful all the shooters were from the most experienced shooters down to the first timers, everyone was a pleasure to be around. This is what will grow this match and this sport as a whole. As someone who is new to this discipline I cannot tell you all how excited I am to get involved and attend matches as a shooter next year! Speaking of which, I picked up my new rig from Pierce today and hopefully if I can find a spare safety will be breaking it in this weekend:D

Again I'd like to thank Rich and all of you guys for making it an awesome and incredibly informative weekend for me. We were happy to see some familiar faces from the match in the store these last few weeks and would love to see more. I know its Mikes intent to expand the store in this direction as this stuff is his passion! See you all around!

I don't think I deserved the gun(The backpack Mike won would have still been too much) but words cannot describe how thankful I am that Mike did that. I don't know how many of you knew, this but Saturday was my first day of work for Oakland Tactical which makes what he did even more incredible!

I would like to reiterate what some others have said on the overall attitude and demeanor of the shooters. After years in the military and shooting different types of matches both civilian and otherwise, I had an image in my mind of what the atmosphere of the match would be, the tacti-cool crowd with their big egos/mouths and the typical rudeness and intimidation they think lends to their credibility. However I was absolutely blown away by how friendly and helpful all the shooters were from the most experienced shooters down to the first timers, everyone was a pleasure to be around. This is what will grow this match and this sport as a whole. As someone who is new to this discipline I cannot tell you all how excited I am to get involved and attend matches as a shooter next year! Speaking of which, I picked up my new rig from Pierce today and hopefully if I can find a spare safety will be breaking it in this weekend:D

Again I'd like to thank Rich and all of you guys for making it an awesome and incredibly informative weekend for me. We were happy to see some familiar faces from the match in the store these last few weeks and would love to see more. I know its Mikes intent to expand the store in this direction as this stuff is his passion! See you all around!

What do you need just the safety lever for the trigger ?
Tomorrow a friend and I are planning to stop in the store are you open all day ? I would like to see your rifle if your around ?

The Shilen trigger came with no safety and pierce was nice enough to send me with one they had on hand but I believe the one they gave me is the pre 2006 style because nothing lines up on the Shilen. From my novice guess I need a post 2006 complete safety system with the lever and pins. I was hoping I might find someone who swapped a 700 trigger for a Timney or one that came with a safety pre installed. We're open 10-6 tomorrow and Ill be there all day (with the rifle), and starting this weekend we'll be open Saturday 10-3.

This is what they gave me
XMarkProTrigger.jpg

And with that plate on the safety nothing lines up and it looks nothing like the safety I see in the Brownells video for the Shilen trigger.

990655.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed the competition. When i stop in next, i would like to check it out. Hope you can make it back next year.

Jeremy