• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd Annual Michigan Precision Rifle Challenge 2 slots left.

On a side note any takers for RO's In desperate need of experienced shooters to fulfill some positions.

thanks

Rich

Rich - Per your request, I can camp overnight to keep an eye on things (plus it'll save me the drive home and back).

Dave

Wondering if we are allowed to use ballistic calculators for ranging and calculations?
Are we able to use rangefinders?
Shooting next weekend and want to do some practice for the comp, if we are allowed to use these tool I want to practice with them.

Thanks
Ryan

They were talking about both ways some allowed and some stages no. Better brush up on the range finding reticle

Best thing you can do is bring all your gear! Train and get comfortable shooting with and without your excess equipment.

Just show up with mad skills and you will do ok... This year we will not have any targets larger than 10 inches, that's all I can say about that. Learn unsupported shooting quick.

Rich

Tripods allowed?

=< 30 cal
Not allowed to return to vehicle

These are the "official" rules I see. Having shot last year, there was no pack inspection for prohibited items, and we used rangefinders all day. I brought shooting sticks but never used them. Didn't bring a lunch and regretted it. One thing they did was occassionally require some very physical activity while lugging all your gear.

So unless I see more "official" prohibitions, I'm assuming you are free to bring what you want. Even a gallon of ice cream if you want. But you may have to scale a wall with it in your pack.

LOL, and bring plenty of water cause it sucks being dehydrated, and the two day hang over like symptoms that resulted from it...

Not allowed to return to vehicle

These are the "official" rules I see. Having shot last year, there was no pack inspection for prohibited items, and we used rangefinders all day. I brought shooting sticks but never used them. Didn't bring a lunch and regretted it. One thing they did was occassionally require some very physical activity while lugging all your gear.

So unless I see more "official" prohibitions, I'm assuming you are free to bring what you want. Even a gallon of ice cream if you want. But you may have to scale a wall with it in your pack.[/QUOTE]

"where can i get molle attachment for said gallon of ice cream?"

Hey Sakobob, if you bring a two-wheeled cart for that 30" TRG barrel w/suppressor of yours this year, just put the generator with a freezer for the ice-cream in there..... ;)

Hey Sakobob, if you bring a two-wheeled cart for that 30" TRG barrel w/suppressor of yours this year, just put the generator with a freezer for the ice-cream in there..... ;)

not this time, i have a secret weapon! i hope that steel is tough and mounted good!

Did anyone go to the first practice day? Do we shoot the stages or just the distances or neither? It is a long drive for me, so I wanted to make sure it was worth the travel.

Unless I missed something, the 23rd is the first so called practice. I can't say for sure but don't bet on shooting the stages. That would give those that attend an unfair advantage over those that can't. I've never seen a shooting the stages at any advanced practice. If you have solid zeros, that's all you need. If you don't...

We did not shoot the stages last year. The stages were not even open for viewing last year on the practice day. It was a good last minute equipment check.

We did not shoot the stages last year. The stages were not even open for viewing last year on the practice day. It was a good last minute equipment check.

Great, thanks, that is what I was looking for. I appreciate the replys. See you guys in a month.

thanks.

Great, thanks, that is what I was looking for. I appreciate the replys. See you guys in a month.

One thing they did was occasionally require some very physical activity while lugging all your gear.

...A quote from earlier in this thread. How physical is this activity? Could you give me an example of the most physical activity?

Rich, if it is safe to assume that 150 rounds are adequate for 2 days, then 75 rounds are adequate for Saturday? I'm only thinking about the "not going back to the truck" rule.

Terry P

going back to the truck is not safe! for multiple reasons. If Rich says 150 rounds, then bring hat and then at the event you will be informed as to day one rounds needed

One thing they did was occasionally require some very physical activity while lugging all your gear.

...A quote from earlier in this thread. How physical is this activity? Could you give me an example of the most physical activity?

Terry P

Last year we had to scale a wall, it was a prop with a wall 7 or 8 feet high, with boards spaced so it could be used like a ladder. It was attached to an elevated platform. You scaled the wall and shot off the platform. Additionally, the logistics of the range require quite a bit of walking between stages.

My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip BTW...

2 spots left as 2 decided they could not attend. LMK

Thanks

Rich

2 spots left as 2 decided they could not attend. LMK

Thanks

Rich

Rich, have you given any thought to making your match a PRS match? As far as I can tell, the only thing lacking is room for 50 shooters, and signing up with the PRS.

I understand you're still getting things rolling, but something to give some thought to...

See you in a couple weeks.

Rich, have you given any thought to making your match a PRS match? As far as I can tell, the only thing lacking is room for 50 shooters, and signing up with the PRS.

I understand you're still getting things rolling, but something to give some thought to...

See you in a couple weeks.

+1, and looking at the 2015 post, Michigan isn't even represented and that's just wrong... unless were all maple leaves now, LOL.

That's probably not going to happen as I cant even get 4 or 5 people to RO for the match. The people I get that want to help want to shoot and really have no idea how a match of this nature runs. Bluewater only gives a few days to do all the prep work for the match. Bottom line is I need help and I need experienced people. Another issue is the range is a touch to small for my liking I wish I could get 800 yards in but that another detail. If I cant get dedicated experienced people to help me Im probably not going to do it anymore, its a shame because we have some great sponsors this year, our name is getting out there and I notice our views on the hide are pretty significant to some of the other matches. Another issue is I have to give a chunk of change to the range which limits our operating budget but that's the price of doing business. I take nothing from the entries and try to give everything back to the people who attend. Believe me I have high hopes of success but success is not a one man show for this venue, not that its just me doing all the work as there are 2 others helping but I keep trying to be optimistic.

Rich

START TIME : Be on range 7:15/ 7:30. Safety briefing at 7:30, Match starts at 8:00 AM

ROUND COUNT : 150 rds is adequate

Any updates/changes to this? Getting my final practice in this weekend, only have components for 200 rounds left.

Any updates/changes to this? Getting my final practice in this weekend, only have components for 200 rounds left.
Good question . I just loaded my last 200 6.5 bullets tonight. Some more practice would be nice but I don't want to be short.

Last year we were shooting the CB shot as soon as enough fog burned off. Better to assume you won't get time to check zero.

As for equipment, reread the whole thread.

We will start to setup on Thursday. Round count is still around 150 give or take. No zero show up with your gear ready to go. I cant wait to watch you guys go thru this thing. Going to try for 20 stages this year with high round counts at every stage. Get you positional on and you will need to think about how to approach stages.

Rich

One last thing I think we have around $13K in prizes this year so that is looking pretty good also.

Rich

We will start to setup on Thursday. Round count is still around 150 give or take. No zero show up with your gear ready to go. I cant wait to watch you guys go thru this thing. Going to try for 20 stages this year with high round counts at every stage. Get you positional on and you will need to think about how to approach stages.

Rich
that thing looks like somebody's 8th grade wood shop project, wtf!:)