• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2nd sight red dot choice

Bigchaza

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2012
AUS NSW
looking at a second sight not sure which one as ive never owned one or even held one!

im looking at the
docter red dot
the burris fastfire 3 3 Moa dot
leupold delta point
aimpoint micro

any thoughts or suggestions im only doing it once for both of my hunting rifles so I wanna buy once cry once, they are being mounted to spur mounts.
I'm just looking for the best sight for hunting applications as a 2nd sight, the sight needs to be dust and water proof one will be decked beside a razor HD 5-20 and the other will be decked beside a vortex viper 4-16ffp. It is for hog bashing at close range where I live is a mix of open valley's for log shots and close intight scrub country where critters pop up mere metres away.

T-1 is the most durable by far, but is pricey and not as compact/lightweight as others. I've been happy with an RMR as an offset site; it's quite a bit more solid than the Fast Fire though not as cheap, however if I was was back on the 2-way range I'd default to the T-1.

What about the Razor red dot? It is a little bigger than the Burris but not as big as the T-1. I have one set up as a second sight on one of my guns and it seems like a pretty good product.

Cheers guys its seems like the aimpoint t-1 is a winner thanks for the help and experiance