• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3.8 inch group at 1175 yards

joediesel81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
riverside,ca
www.youtube.com
SAVAGE 10BA .308
LEUPOLD MARK 4 6.5-20X 50MM
208GR AMAX
WINCHESTER BRASS
46.5 RL-17
2610 FPS
2600 FT
41.50 MOA

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNgp6Dq-sv8&feature=email&email=comment_received"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aNgp6Dq-sv8&feature=email&email=comment_received" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: 3.8 inch group at 1175 yards

pf.. i do the same
but at 700 m only!
congratulations!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question of the day: How many rounds were fired to get the five shot group? </div></div>

^^this, and which ones made up the group?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question of the day: How many rounds were fired to get the five shot group? </div></div>

it's fun to fantasize that one achieved a 1/3rd MOA group at 1175 yards. I regularly delude myself temporarily when I am able to group random shots into a tight circle, but then we try it again and come nowhere close. Statistics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question of the day: How many rounds were fired to get the five shot group? </div></div>

</div></div>
Very valid questions,specially when fired out of a bone stock rifle and using of all a 208 Amax.

I had 75 rounds with me to shoot. I use 40 rounds at 1175 and 35 for other target ranging about 700-800 yards. All 208gr with reloader 17 46.5gr. At first both my buddy and I were way right due to high winds in the desert. It took me and my buddy 5 or 6 round to hit the target. Its was low and right on both your targets. then we adjusted about 1/2 moa and my hits were hitting across the chest.We let the barrel cool off and did it again.The wind was all over the place. I hit the target a few more times, then I took aim at the 5 gallon water jug. It was a hit on 3 round. I was happy seeing the water flew up into the sky. When back on the target and miss it about 5-6 times. Out of ammo. We went out to see what stock savage rifle would do. Not bad I should say, but the bullets dont lie. This is not the first time we did this. The last shooting session at 1200 yards I got 9 1/2 in group 4hits out of 5 rounds. I new at this and shooting 1200 yards is tough to do with a .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question of the day: How many rounds were fired to get the five shot group? </div></div>6 rounds were fire at my 4 shot group on the lower right side of my target. Look at the video the last two shot were right and low.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question of the day: How many rounds were fired to get the five shot group? </div></div>

</div></div>
In the beginning of the shooting session all of my hits were low and right. adjusted 2 click up and was hitting the target across the chest. It was fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcats</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Azprc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question of the day: How many rounds were fired to get the five shot group? </div></div>

</div></div>
Very valid questions,specially when fired out of a bone stock rifle and using of all a 208 Amax. </div></div>
Yes indeed. My savage 10ba 1:10 twist loves the 208gr amax. My buddy and I both have the same rifle (10ba) shooting at are own targets and got the same group size. bone stock with 208gr amax.

This is what I want to do....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugpZ8JYrfL4&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugpZ8JYrfL4&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: didithurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> B E A U tiful !!! </div></div>

thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, 40rnds to get on target? That sounds expensive. </div></div>

It took me 5-6 rounds to hit the target. I has 40 rounds just for shooting at 1175 that day. My handloads cost is about .57 cent a round. $22.50. I spent more on gas that day then shooting. This is nothing, I just got a savage 110ba in .338 lapua magnum. That will be more expensive to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joediesel81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is what I want to do....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugpZ8JYrfL4&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugpZ8JYrfL4&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

I'm sure given your 1/3MOA group at 1175, you can easily hit steel at 2000 yards! You don't need the Lapua, that'd be cheating for you.

Great shooting bud. That'd be a hell of a group at half that range. I wouldn't worry about the nay sayers, there is always atleast a couple, and they always feel the
need to let you know it as opposed to keeping it to themselves. Fact of the matter is, you know what you did. That's all that matters. Keep up the good shooting bro!

Seth

Great shooting Joe. Keep pushing the limits of yourself otherwise you never know what you can do!

All in all Joe,my hats off to you for your shooting,the farthest i get to shoot paper on this rock is 600 yards.very boring with the hardware i got.

That is amazing, inspiring to me with my savage that with some luck and proper practice I can do this someday. Thank you.

I'm not sure why all the hate in this thread... All he did was post a shooting experience and left it at that. I didnt see him claim his rifle is a 1/3 MOA rifle at this distances, just that this is what happened that day.

None of us can say that we don't get excited when we get an abnormally small group. A couple weeks ago I shot a .14MOA group and I was super excited!

Good job, I'm sure you were pleased with the group!

Congrats man ! All that matters is that you know what you did, period.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: timelinex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
None of us can say that we don't get excited when we get an abnormally small group. A couple weeks ago I shot a .14MOA group and I was super excited!
</div></div>

Quite true. I know such a group is a statistical anomaly, for me and all other ELR'ers I ever shot and trained with. But it's hard not to let it raise your confidence at least a little, and that is good, as if you expect good things to happen, then with practice and time, they actually should.

Those small group days are what keeps us coming back for more, If evrey trip was a good one I would probably get bored. The majority of us are not consistant at the longer ranges and the few which are have paid thier dues and put many hours of sweat, tears, and blood into thier regimens to get where they are. Hats off to those guys, but to the rest of us I for one am glad I still get excited when I shoot a great group at any range.
Great Shooting, keep it up!!

Congrats, dont worry bout the Savage haters, they all own 5k guns and 3k scopes and cant stand the fact OTB Savages r right with them!

JMHO
Diego

I myself am not after such small groups at 1175 yards, although that is as valid a goal as any of mine. My goal is hitting an IPSC target with every shot, anywhere on it, at a mile distance, including the cold bore shot.

To get there requires an understanding of how to hand load for very tight ES, very accurate range finding, and a great ballistics program. Not to mention a very good rifle, excellent optics and most of all a very skilled driver.

Other than this laundry list, should be easy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cali_tz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I myself am not after such small groups at 1175 yards, although that is as valid a goal as any of mine. My goal is hitting an IPSC target with every shot, anywhere on it, at a mile distance, including the cold bore shot.

To get there requires an understanding of how to hand load for very tight ES, very accurate range finding, and a great ballistics program. Not to mention a very good rifle, excellent optics and most of all a very skilled driver.

Other than this laundry list, should be easy. </div></div>

What gun or caliber are you going to use to do this?