• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

3 Mils Right Tactical Rifle Match North TX 5-28/29

ceross1975

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
Keller, Texas
www.rossgunworks.com
3 Mils Right, LLC was formed by Chuck Ross, Maurice Griffin and Dave Nunnery as a competitive match, and training facility for shooters across North Texas and Southern Oklahoma. With the number of long range and tactical shooting enthusiasts in the North Texas area growing, we felt the need to design a facility that caters to these disciplines. Utilizing a natural terrain and man made obstacles, 3 Mils Right has designed realistic, real world scenarios that challenge even the most accomplished shooters. Drawing from real world experience, extensive military training and long time competitive shooting backgrounds, we feel we offer a top notch facility for you to improve existing and master new marksmanship skills. Our goal is to give shooters a competition and training facility rivalled by none. 3 Mils Right exclusively uses target systems developed by Blackhawk Targets. We worked hand in hand with the design team at Blackhawk to develop the newest and smartest target technology on the market.

3 Mils Right is dedicated to providing you with a valuable training and competition experience. We appreciate your business and will continue to develop new and challenging courses and competitions.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Long Range Tactical Rifle Match
3 Mils Right
2899 FM 2953 St. Jo, Texas</span>

Date: May 28, 2011 and May 29, 2011 (Two matches to accomadate all shooters)

Time: Squad assignments and safety briefing begins at 8:00 a.m. Firing begins at 9 a.m.

Entry Fee: $60.00 (Includes a $2.50 Range Fee)

Ammunition: Competitors must furnish their own ammunition. We do not allow tracers, steel core or armor piercing ammunition. If you are found firing any of these types of ammunition you will be disqualified, removed from the competition and forfeit all entry fees. A recommended minimum 200 rounds of rifle, 100 rounds of pistol, Additional ammunition may be required for last-minute stage additions or re-shoots

Targets: IPSC/IDPA paper, Blackhawk Reactive Steel, Static Steel, Poppers and Auto Reset Targets are in use, with ranges from 0 to 1000 yards

Course of Fire: 7-8 stages comprised of long range precision rifle and pistol scenarios. Competitors should be ready to engage targets using tactical engagement techniques; shooting from various types of positions, cover, tactical reloads and stress situations.

Scoring: Scoring is based on points (hits or misses) and time.

Prizes: Trophies are awarded to competitors finishing in the top three places and class winners.

Safety: All Safety rules at 3Mils Right will be obeyed at all times. Slides or actions should remain open unless engaged in a course of fire or under the direction of a range officer. Competitors will not be allowed on the firing line until directed by a range officer. Competitors will not be allowed to load ammunition into a weapon unless directed by a range officer **THIS IS A COLD RANGE**. Handling weapons behind the firing line is prohibited.

Please bring appropriate gear for seasonal conditions. You may also want to bring water, Gatorade, snacks, lunch, etc. There will not be a break for lunch. In order to get through all stages competitors will be asked to eat in down time between shooters. There are camp sites available at the range. The cost is $5.00 per day.

Register for match at www.3milsright.com under events.

Thanks,

Chuck Ross

Re: 3 Mils Right Tactical Rifle Match North TX 5-28/29

Your logo is backwards, 3 mils right means the main crosshair is "right" of the target, not left.

Calls are made with reference to direction and distance in relation to the center of the crosshair.

Otherwise, best of luck with your competitions.

Adam Lucksinger just sent me the notification about your upcoming match; I may plan to attend/compete if I make it back from Miami in time.

Thanks for the comment on the logo, but the name and logo have nothing to do with the actual wind call. Just a little explanation on why it looks the way it does. It's satirical in nature. The meaning behind the logo is this, There is a strong "LEFT" push in society so the logo represents a "shot" at the "LEFT". We are all "Right Wing" guys and it just sounded better that "3 Mils Left."

I'm really looking forward to this match. I know Chuck and the gang have some really cool things planned for this match. I'm also looking forward to shooting some stages and scenarios using the Blackhawk target system. I've gotten a small sampling of them at a couple of matches now and really look forward to shooting at a facility that uses their targets exclusulively. This is going to be a blast! Can't wait.... I'm very excited about a facility in Texas that plans on putting matches on regularly, this is exactly what we need..... more matches!

I'm broke until pay day, hopefully there is a spot left for me, so close to the house.......................

Guys there is plenty of room. It's two matches so we can accommodate everyone who wants to shoot. Tha facility is brand new. New building, lots of different firing areas and tons of terrain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in, this is in my back yard. Kinda' </div></div>

Jason, it'll be good to see you... any of your outlaw buddies going to be able to make it?:)

This will be my first match. I'm pretty new to it, but you have to start someplace right?

What are some good things to bring along?

I'm thinking
Rifle,bipod,sling,scope
Pistol,holster, mag holster
Ammo
Food, Water
Gloves

I signed up. Hope you don't mind no talent newbs!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I signed up. Hope you don't mind no talent newbs!</div></div>

Making me feel like I should sign up then
smile.gif
If they will put up with us lol

I'd be all over this, but my wife is due within a few days of that date. Good luck everyone.

Payment sent. Looking forward to last place.

Put me down for Sunday...

I'm in!

I paid for two spots, do I need to e-mail you the other shooters name?

Can we pick which day we want to shoot? I CAN shoot on Saturday, but I'm on duty at the fire station on Sunday. And Sain Jo is waaaaay out of district.

I'd be in, but thats the last weekend I have my son for almost a month. I'll try to catch the next one. That's a kick ass area. My son and I ride our dirt bikes at Bulcher.

Put me down for the 29th. I am trying to resolve a potential conflict, but I should be good to go.

Also, to you guys who have never shot a match and might be thinking about it since it is close, sign up!! EVERYONE will help you. If there is a stage that is way beyond your limits, sit it out and watch. You will learn a ton and be better prepared for the next match. I assure you that you will be surprised by everyone's willingness to help.

Do it, you will not be disappointed!!

I just wish I could make the 28th so I could harass Halligan all day.

bk

I'll have to miss this one as it is on Memorial Day Weekend. June is already looking good though.

We are working on a T Shirt design right now for the grand opening weekend. If you would like a shirt, please pm or email me your size. Price will be based on overall quantity. I can tell you it will fall between 15 and 20 dollars. If you want a shirt get back to me as soon as possible as the order needs to be inno later than the second week of May.

I will post an image of the shirt soon.

The second shooter Dallas12 paid for is Clifton Black "390ka"

payment sent. put me down for xl tshirt.looking forward to my third match.

For clarification purposes, this is two seperate matches. One on Saturday and one on Sunday. We are doing two matches so we can make sure everyone who wants to shoot has a spot. Please specify what day you are registering for when you pay.

Please also include what class you want to shoot in, and the caliber rifle you plan to use. This is a csliber restricted range, nothing larger than .30 magnum. Classes are as follows:

Law Enforcement
Military
Open ( all calibers other than .308)

Trophy only right? No cash or prize payback?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got a wedding to go to</div></div>
your priorities are messed up, Swing over to Norcal and coach me