• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.30-06

The StaBall 6.5 has been out for a while now and is around the 4350 range. I haven’t tested it yet, but it’s supposed to give great speeds in the 30-06. I only have 2 pounds and I’m waiting for my custom -06 to get finished before I test it with 208’s to see if it’s worth buying a bunch more.
Please post your results! I have a keg of it I bought when it first came out but I have yet to go through all of my 4451.

Reactions: Yote Klr
Please post your results! I have a keg of it I bought when it first came out but I have yet to go through all of my 4451.
I definitely will. All the 30-06 builds and posts on this site are the reason I’m building a custom 30-06 so I’ll post up the build and all the results when I finally get it finished. I’ll be using the standard Serengeti reamer so I’ll be interested to see how that works out.
I would love to find a stock pile of re26 but that seems as likely as winning the lottery. StaBall 6.5 seems more consistently available.

The StaBall 6.5 has been out for a while now and is around the 4350 range. I haven’t tested it yet, but it’s supposed to give great speeds in the 30-06. I only have 2 pounds and I’m waiting for my custom -06 to get finished before I test it with 208’s to see if it’s worth buying a bunch more.

Looking forward to your results. I have a 700 Long Range that I’ve been trying to reload for. Everyone recommends Re26 but I’d like easier to find alternatives.

I have a question about standard chamber length. Also, rifle in question is a 700 and is in a Cadex Strike Nuke so I have the option of using the longer mags as well

I’ve got some 165gr Nosler bt that are loaded pretty long, that easily fit in my standard l/a PMAG, and are still a ways from the rifling. I don’t anticipate running bullets much heavier than 185gr(Berger Juggernauts) through the factory barrel. How long can the coal be and still fit/feed normally in a standard chamber?

I do, however, absolutely plan to get a better .30-06 barrel at some point and I’d like to run some heavy-ish solids through it. But those are questions for a different time

A good read.

I use Hunter for 168-185 grain bullets.

9234E913-EBF3-4940-9F13-D49A3D0B6B7D.jpeg

Little bit windy L-R.

P

Looking forward to your results. I have a 700 Long Range that I’ve been trying to reload for. Everyone recommends Re26 but I’d like easier to find alternatives.
I too have a Remington 700 Long Range Rifle. I have been loading Sierra 169-grain match king bullets with 52 grains of Winchester 760 into Lake City Match brass and getting good results.

I also have a Rem 700 LR. I've used W760 with Sierra 169-grain bullets in LC match brass. I just purchased some Starline brass but have been able to use it.

I picked up 500 pieces of Starline Brass for my 700 LR and 03A3. Not sure I want to run it through my Garand.

I picked up 500 pieces of Starline Brass for my 700 LR and 03A3. Not sure I want to run it through my Garand.

Years ago I bought 2000 pieces of pulled, unfired 30-06 match brass. I don't remember where I got but it was some really ugly stuff having been washed in something to make the primers inert. I washed it and tumbled it and it came out really nice. Works well in my Garands and in the 700LR. But I have found that commercial brass is more consistent than the LC.

A couple of years agoI worked up a load in .308 using LC LR brass and I got "okay" results. I switch to Hornady brass and everything changed for the better. I guess if I were a rich man I could buy some of that $1 a pop brass, but I am not threre yet.

20231108_102924~2.jpg

I got sentimental about hunting with my dad this summer and built a classic Rem 700. Found a beautiful 1981 walnut stock ( brass pin) and used a new SPS barreled action. Surprisingly it has a 5R barrel and a Timney trigger instead of that awful x mark pro. I either got lucky or the new 700s got a lot better, this action is timed smooth as butter and is one of the only 700 barrels I haven't needed to replace immediately.
I'm happy.

Shot at 200 yards from a hunting bag.

20231114_193821~4.jpg
20231114_193821~3.jpg
20231114_193821~5.jpg
20231114_193821~2.jpg

168 Berger classic Hunter .025" jump,
57.0 gr Reloder 16,
Gm210 primers,
Once fired Norma brass.
2930 fps. 24" barrel.

No where close to pressure signs, never got it in high gear yet. I stopped when it started shooting small.
20231124_082154.jpg

225 yards 2" exit. No tracking.

Last edited:
Put together a new 30-06 this year with an action that I’ve had for a few years, christened it with my personal best less than 2 hours into its first hunt. Shooting the 178 ELD-X at 2800 fps over 56.5gr H4350 in a 20” 8 twist barrel.

IMG_8218.jpeg

Last time I took that action on its first hunt I killed the first and only bear taken at camp. With that kind of streak I’m half tempted to tear it apart and rebuild it next year.

IMG_8735.jpeg

How much difference in capacity have y’all seen between Lapua brass and Winchester or Hornady brass? I ordered some Lapua and trying to figure out how much I need to drop back and work back up. TIA

Question...looking at loading some 168 grain Sierra TMKs in 30-06. Hodgdon lists 55 grains of H-4350 as the starting load. Sierra lists 55 grains as the top load before the round is compressed. I have not run into such a difference before. Anyone loaded this before? If so, what grains, velocity, ES, SD, groups, etc.

Thanks.

Question...looking at loading some 168 grain Sierra TMKs in 30-06. Hodgdon lists 55 grains of H-4350 as the starting load. Sierra lists 55 grains as the top load before the round is compressed. I have not run into such a difference before. Anyone loaded this before? If so, what grains, velocity, ES, SD, groups, etc.

Thanks.
Have you measured the capacity of your cases up to the neck junction to see for yourself?

I loaded 178 eld x with 55 grains of h4350, Remington brass and wlrm primer. This is in my hunting rifle and shoots 3/4 moa with a velocity of 2810 out of a 24 inch barrel. Overall length I believe was 3.350.

Reactions: USAF Ret and lash
I loaded 178 eld x with 55 grains of h4350, Remington brass and wlrm primer. This is in my hunting rifle and shoots 3/4 moa with a velocity of 2810 out of a 24 inch barrel. Overall length I believe was 3.350.
I have a box of those bullets and my brass is REM with a WLR primer. Difference is the rifle. It's a HOWA 1500. I will work my way up and see what that load does.

I have a box of those bullets and my brass is REM with a WLR primer. Difference is the rifle. It's a HOWA 1500. I will work my way up and see what that load does.
The wlrm primers were a mistake by me that ended up working out very well. I have have 2 different bullets that I have tried 55 grain of h4350. Both have shot very well.
IMG_4899_Original.jpeg