• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 30 cal suppressor recommendations

timelinex

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2011
    Scottsdale,Az
    I'm in the market again for a suppressor. I have a 338BA from thunderbeast and love it. I use it on my 338's and all my bolt action/precision 308's. It's BIG but its super light, so Its great for those I will continue using it even on my 308's.

However, I do want something I can use on my shorter rifles, where I don't want a huge thing sticking out. It will be used on 308, 223 and 300blk AR's.

I know TBAC makes 30 cal cans, but I was hoping to get something that's quick attach this time. I know they generally have a larger POI shift, but it should be high quality enough that its repeatable.

So far I've come up with an AAC sd or SDN-6 as a possibility. But I have no first hand experiences with any cans other than my own (338 TBAC and 22 silencerco)

I have AAC products but would recommend the Saker 762. Check it out for yourself & I think it's going to be a no brainier.

I've got a Specwar in ATF jail, but it's longer heavier but quieter than the Saker.

Silencerco's customer service is without peer. I had an old model Warlock .22 can and they offered an upgrade to the Warlock 2 (which makes it user serviceable) for a nominal fee. They turned it around the same day they received it.

A buddy already has his Specwar and raves about the brake adapter he has on his .308.

Love my Specwar. I have the 7.62 and run it on my AR 15 as well and it works out very well. Minimal POI shift, very consistent, and stills shoots under 1" on my 308 and AR at 100 yards. I have a sparrow for my .22. I think I've found a suppressor company for life!

Hmm looks pretty good. The mounts look extremely expensive though, are they really worth it?

The mounts are only $75. That is extremely competitive with the other offerings out there.

You also have the option of purchasing a thread on MAAD mount if you want to use it on a precision rifle. If I were in your situation that is probably what I'd go with.

I'd say go with a SureFire 7.62RC, especially for 30 cal.

I've been testing suppressors with a few buddies of mine - Most of my results are in the Surefire review thread...

We've found the AAC mounts to be extremely problematic and the cans themselves seem to be designed for the lower pressure spectrum.

If you ever choose to get a win mag, the Surefire can scale up to that as it's meant for primarily MK248's...

It's not going to sound great on subsonics but, everything supersonic will be suppressed just fine -- Higher pressure the better.

Sounds awesome on M118's and Mk262's...

Reactions: WATERWALKER
    I'm in love with my Gemtech. Very quiet and tone is great. They don't disappoint.

The mounts are only $75. That is extremely competitive with the other offerings out there.

You also have the option of purchasing a thread on MAAD mount if you want to use it on a precision rifle. If I were in your situation that is probably what I'd go with.

Hmmm u was finding the mounts to be over 200,maybe I was looking at the wrong thing

Id look at the SAS Resistor. Its 12.5 ounces and only 8". It wouldnt be awesome for a high rate of fire on a 5.56, but would be the ultimate lightweight, compact set up for a 300 BLK. Its unique in the fact that it maintains incredible attenuation compared to the larger 30 cal cans. If youre intentionally staying away from titanium for rate of fire purposes then I would highly recommend the KAC 7.62QDC and MAMS brake. It aint cheap though, nor is it easy to find, but its definitely worth it IMO.

I currently have a SOCOM762-RC. It's a great can but not very quiet on 300 blackout. It shines on full powered loads and can double as a precision can with the lack of POI shift.

I have no experience with the KAC cans or MAMS, but those that have them love them. They are pricey, and IMHO, geared to a specific market/rig.

Pending: I have a Saker 762, SOCOM5.56-RC, TBAC 30CB9, and TBAC 338BA... they were all bought for a specific purpose with the Saker 762 being the do all can.

I personally would recommend looking at a dedicated 5.56 can, but since you are talking about only buying one more. I would look hard at the Saker 762. With the 5.56 end cap it should do pretty good on your 5.56, and the 300 blackout metered numbers look pretty good. It's rated to 300 RUM (so is the Surefire), and the brakes are only 75 bucks. It comes with the mount, and you can even buy a direct thread mount for precision rigs, or to just use on friend's rifles.

Love my Specwar. I have the 7.62 and run it on my AR 15 as well and it works out very well. Minimal POI shift, very consistent, and stills shoots under 1" on my 308 and AR at 100 yards. I have a sparrow for my .22. I think I've found a suppressor company for life!

Silencer shop is running a special right now. Buy a Specwar or Harvester and get a spectre ii for 99 bucks.

Why not a TBAC brake attach can?

Fairly quick on and off, but little to no POI shift.

The new CB line are also available with a flash suppressor mount rather than the brake.

Available in 5", 7" and 9" versions.

Silencer shop is running a special right now. Buy a Specwar or Harvester and get a spectre ii for 99 bucks.

Noticed that when I went to look at a TB or harvester. I am in the same dilema, need a can for my precision rifle so no POI shift, but would like to use it on a 5.56 and 300 and be able to run it hard.

Not even sure such a suppressor really exists, but the specwar is tempting.

Noticed that when I went to look at a TB or harvester. I am in the same dilema, need a can for my precision rifle so no POI shift, but would like to use it on a 5.56 and 300 and be able to run it hard.

SPECWAR+ Spectre ii+ 400 tax= 1,219.00
    Saker 762+tax= 1,100.00

The specwar would will be quieter on 308 and 300 blackout but it may be a toss up with the Saker being able to use a 5.56 end cap (I've never looked up Specwar ' numbers).

However, the Saker allows you to direct thread it as well as use a brake mount.

the 762sdn is nice for the 300 and the 556, and if im not mistaken the 762 is only 4-6db higher then their dedicated 556 can (m4-2000). If you order now you can also qualify for a 200 rebate which is enough for 2 mounts.

Rebates & Promotions

Your killin me Smalls!!! I ordered mine from a different vendor about 5 weeks ago. Had I known about this, I would have gladly waited!!

Specwar is 5db quieter than the SDN-6

[video=youtube;eTWM-vuSP8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTWM-vuSP8s[/video]

It seems I am thinking different than anyone else in this thread next one I get will probably be a Ops Inc they sale at a very good price and perform very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Mack Bros mb762L on order right now. Aside from that I think silencerco has some great offerings as mentioned above

It seems I am thinking different than anyone else in this thread next one I get will probably be a Ops Inc they sale at a very good price and perform very well.

Yes, the AE cans are very good. Once Ron is up and running, I'll be getting a few models.

An interesting point was made earlier; are the TBAC brake models considered QD? They do come off fairly quickly.

I got the Specwar 7.62 and the Spectre II for $99 currently in NFA jail. Too good of a deal to pass up.

Surefire, I wouldn't shoot another gem tech if it was given to me, Ive had many issues with my HVT, went with surefire and won't go back. Heard many great things about Thunderbeast and wouldn't be opposed to running that route either.

Another vote for the Saker or Specwar, both are great cans, and the guys at silencerco stand behind their products 100%

So I'm heavily leaning towards Silencerco. now Specwar vs saker...

It looks like Specwar is a bit bigger but obviously suppresses better. Does it work much better for the 300blk?anyone use it on a 9" barrel, is it too big or bulky for a small rig like that?

I have held the Specwar and saker both. I have not shot them but I went with the Specwar. I was trying to make the same decision. The Specwar is 1.5" longer and 4oz heavier but it is quieter due to the added baffle and volume. Both will be great on a 300 and great period. I guess if you already had some other mounts the Saker would be a good choice as it is modular. It also allows for mounting under a rail a bit easier. But for me it was $200 more and I didn't mind the extra length and weight for my application because the Specwar has a really solid mount. Plus it was available with the spectre II deal so that put the choice over the top for me. this time around.

I have an SAS Reaper waiting on form 4 right now. Titanium and 7"' and I think 10-11 oz.

I just ordered a specwar with spectre 2 deal. It's too sweet to pass up. I ordered it to replace my tbac 30ba on my AR's including an 8" 300 blk out. I didn't like high volume shooing in my nice precision can even though the 30ba has been great. Right tool for the right job.

Anyone out there actually witnessed or shot a sbr 300blk through both a saker and specwar??

It would be great to just test and hear both. Unfortunately i do not know anyone with either, so its making my decision impossible!

Price is not an issue. But noise size and weight could be. It's difficult to tell without handling them in person. Some people say that 3db you cannot hear, while others say its TWICE as load DB wise (and they are technically right). All i know is that I'm pretty sure there is supposably only a few DB difference between using subsonic or supersonic 22 ammo through my can but in person there is a HUGE difference. One is just relatively quite, while the other one is toy gun quite.

The main purpose of this can will be on a sbr 300blk AR that will ONLY be running subsonic ammo, for the purpose of being quite and nimble. If it was just quite, then specwar would win and if it waas just for nimble sake then it would be the saker. That is the dilemma! That's why I'm hoping to hear for someone with actual experience with both.

Anyone out there actually witnessed or shot a sbr 300blk through both a saker and specwar??

It would be great to just test and hear both. Unfortunately i do not know anyone with either, so its making my decision impossible!

Price is not an issue. But noise size and weight could be. It's difficult to tell without handling them in person. Some people say that 3db you cannot hear, while others say its TWICE as load DB wise (and they are technically right). All i know is that I'm pretty sure there is supposably only a few DB difference between using subsonic or supersonic 22 ammo through my can but in person there is a HUGE difference. One is just relatively quite, while the other one is toy gun quite.

The main purpose of this can will be on a sbr 300blk AR that will ONLY be running subsonic ammo, for the purpose of being quite and nimble. If it was just quite, then specwar would win and if it waas just for nimble sake then it would be the saker. That is the dilemma! That's why I'm hoping to hear for someone with actual experience with both.

Unfortunately I haven't heard both. I personally went with the Saker, but if you are only going to shoot Subs, you may just want to go Specwar. Nothing worse then waiting 9 months and then constantly questioning your decision everytime you go and pull out the Saker ("it's quiet, but would the Specwar have been quieter?").

My own personal reasoning for going Saker is for more of all purpose can to be a spare 5.56/direct thread/ 308 SBR, etc. I'm currently running a SOCOM762-RC on my 9" 300blk SBR (the SF is 8.4" long). I don't notice the length or weight, and doubt another .6" (Specwar) would make much of a difference.

2014-05-02170136_zps0661f9f4.jpg

KAC SBR
    AAC 9"
    SWFA 1-6x
    Magpul furniture
    KAC rear, magpul pro front

Last edited:
    Unfortunately I haven't heard both. I personally went with the Saker, but if you are only going to shoot Subs, you may just want to go Specwar. Nothing worse then waiting 9 months and then constantly questioning your decision everytime you go and pull out the Saker ("it's quiet, but would the Specwar have been quieter?").

My own personal reasoning for going Saker is for more of all purpose can to be a spare 5.56/direct thread/ 308 SBR, etc. I'm currently running a SOCOM762-RC on my 9" 300blk SBR (the SF is 8.4" long). I don't notice the length or weight, and doubt another .6" (Specwar) would make much of a difference.

2014-05-02170136_zps0661f9f4.jpg

KAC SBR
    AAC 9"
    SWFA 1-6x
    Magpul furniture
    KAC rear, magpul pro front

Why not run the saker on your 300 Blk? Is it louder with it when you do?

Why not run the saker on your 300 Blk? Is it louder with it when you do?

My Saker is still in ATF jail. If the Saker does better then the SF for subsonics (which I'm hoping it will) then I may switch them, but right now I mainly shoot supers through my AR, and use a 16" handi rifle for subsonics (AAC Cyclone). I haven't tried the cyclone on the AR yet, but comparing both the SF to the Cyclone on 2 identical Handi rifles there is a clear difference with the Cyclone's extra length beating out the SF.

The only powder I have gotten to reliably (100% all the time) cycle subsonics in my AR is 1680, which is a louder powder then others I've used in the handi rifle. So,I don't use the AR that much for backyard plinking when I want to keep the db's down for the neighbors. With that rationale, I've tried to keep the AR as short and light as possible and why I personally wouldn't use a Specwar but opted to buy a Saker. If I was only chasing decibels I would buy the Specwar, or Liberty Leonidas/Chaos.

Come next summer I'll have the SOCOM762-RC, a TBAC CB9, and a Saker 762 to experiment with and see which one will get used on my SBR.

I am leaning towards the saker for its size and modular nature. However, I can't seem to shake the feeling that it won't be nearly as quite as the specwar and I might not be happy with it. If they are both loud and one is just slightly quieter than the other, then its no big deal. However, I've seen some DB numbers online that show the 300blk through the specwar to be almost as quite as suppressed 22, which is fantastic. I haven't seen any DB numbers showing the saker to be anywhere near this effective. I know DB numbers don't always tell the whole story though for perceptible hearing.

So for example, I would consider the difference between shooting subsonic or supersonic 22lr through a suppressed pistol to be a definite perceptible difference (even though they are both subsonic out of a pistol). Anyone that has shot both, should definitely agree. But for example I wouldn't consider the difference between a high power 22lr load like the cci stingers and standard velocity supersonic 22lr to be a perceptible difference. There is definitely a difference if you really listen for it, but it's nothing I would notice unless fired back to back.

Anyone ever hear both of them in person on a 300blk AR to know the ACTUAL perceptible difference in sound?

At this point id just use your .338 TBAC. Itll be quieter, and if you go the specwar route youre only going to be saving 1 ounce and 1.4" in length. Why are you looking at stainless cans for a 300 BLK? Any grade 9 titanium can will easily endure anything a 300 BLK will dish out regardless of whether youre shooting supers or subs. If you prioritize attenuation over length added to the host weapon, then go with a 9"+ titanium can. If a compact set up is what youre looking for go with an 8" or under can. At least youll benefit from a significant weight reduction without much of a perceived difference in sound degradation.

Just hold out on your 5.56 and get a 5.56 can. Then youll be assured that every can you have is the best option for its intended purpose.

Reactions: TexasEric
    At this point id just use your .338 TBAC. Itll be quieter, and if you go the specwar route youre only going to be saving 1 ounce and 1.4" in length. Why are you looking at stainless cans for a 300 BLK? Any grade 9 titanium can will easily endure anything a 300 BLK will dish out regardless of whether youre shooting supers or subs. If you prioritize attenuation over length added to the host weapon, then go with a 9"+ titanium can. If a compact set up is what youre looking for go with an 8" or under can. At least youll benefit from a significant weight reduction without much of a perceived difference in sound degradation.

Just hold out on your 5.56 and get a 5.56 can. Then youll be assured that every can you have is the best option for its intended purpose.

I actually do plan on using my 338ba on there until my new Silencerco suppressor clears. I just think it's gonna be pretty stupid with a can of that size. The point of getting a smaller quick detach is to have something for my higher rate of fire (AR) rifles and 300blk. Basically to Excell in the areas that putting my 338ba can on wouldn't. Hence why SS.

Thank you for your post though, you definitely made my decision to be 100% saker 7.62. It totally left my mind that I still have the 338ba that I could attach to it in case I'm disappointed with the suppression. In all my researching, I almost forgot the point of buying this suppressor! The specwar isn't really a big enough step from the 338ba to even be justified in buying.

Decision made. Thanks again.

(now I just have to decide in a 9mm can dammit)

I'm waiting for Ron Allen to get the go ahead so I can start the paperwork on a AE30. I dont own a .308 Can yet so I will use it on the MK12 Mod 0 and everything else that I can rig it to.

I don't really think there is too much difference between similarly constructed cans.

full size cans are going to offer the best suppression numbers, where as short or micro cans are less, while some cans in a similar class may offer a different ton, and maybe a slightly different average Db reduction, its going to be pretty close

I've shot my 15 year old gemtech m4-02 on my 10.5 LMT right next to my friends new AAC 5 inch can on his BCM 10.5. no real difference in sound,

after shooting cans for about 15 years, now, the biggest thing that I have learned as that companies are always coming out with new generations of mounts and find a mount for a 5 year old can is ridiculous at times.

My TBAC Ultra 7 suppresses a 20" 308 about the same as my 9.5" AAC Cyclone (though I don't have a meter). The TBAC is shorter and much lighter and has the benefit of mounting to a brake that happens to lock up as tight as a direct thread. Sliding it onto the brake is easier than screwing on a direct thread when wearing gloves and/or in the dark. Then I have the backing of TBAC. Suppressor technology has advanced rapidly in the last several years and not all companies are comparable when it comes to service.

Ive got the saker with an asr mount and an omega and love them both. Id only buy the saker with the asr tho. The maad mount is garbage