• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 NORMA MAG ?

Yeah but should be possible for the smith to enlarge it a bit, 300nm = 0.585 in and 300WSM = .555 in. not much material that has to go.

You may be able to get away with it, but you are playing with fire.

If you are going to do a .300NM, do it right or not at all. Spend a little more time saving, or go for a different cartridge.

Reactions: bjay
I won't build a Norma or Lapua on a 700. I've trued up hundreds of 700's and I've seen many magnums that were run hard enough that the lugs in the action were deformed/displaced. I remember a couple that were so bad metal moved and constricted the bore of the action.

Just something to thinks about. You can't fool Mother Nature

Thanks for the answers.

Well guess the 7mm practical will do for the moment.

Going full custom would cost me around 4500$ before i could shoot it(action, barrel, work, reloading dies, brass, bullets). wouldn't have been a problem if i wasn't building another custom rifle this fall... everything is so god damn expensive over here.

Probably aim for a 300nm project the next summer, with some luck i find a used .338 with a custom action before that.