• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

300 weatherby

I run a 200 ELDX over a bunch of H1000 with fed 215m. Haven't shot much bone with it as I tend to grab my 257 first.

190gr Accubound Long Range over H1000 killed deer and elk from 50 to 700yards with it haven't had to track anything DRT. The H1000 is great for consistent shooting across a wide temp range. Before looking for a better BC I use to love the Partition, took many an elk with them too. I have several loads worked up for 300 WBY used to have them posted on Reloaders Nest, I'm on vacation but when I get back I could get my notes and share them with you. I've experimented with several powders and done some extreme variance temp test with 300 wby, 280 Rem, 260 Rem.

H1000 is my go to if I can get enough in to do the job. I'd recommend starting there and staying there. My 2 cents.

No doubt it is one of my favorites, but during the shortage, I did quite a bit of experimenting with whatever I could get my hands on. And every time a new extreme condition powder comes out I have to try it just to see how it compares. To me, temp sensitivity is of utmost importance, I hunt CO, ID, MS, and sometimes other places yearly, my hunts can vary from 500' to 13000' elev. and -15F to 80F in temp. I'll have to look at my notes but I think during my test 80F/ 32F- H1000 and H4831 vary @25 fps, IMR Enduron @80fps, RL 23 @50fps. I'll check that when I get home but it's close. I can tell you the worst I've tested was Norma MRP it varied @150fps although it is not an extreme condition powder, it was touted as being close to Weatherby factory load, it is not. I shot WBY ammo for years and never had it vary that much.

Funny, my experiences mirror yours. Years ago I pulled some 300 factory and I swear it was imr 4831. It took me a bit more to equal factory speed but not much.

The barnes bullets are very effective at anchoring. Just wish they were a bit more accurate. I have a skoal can full of recovered ones some where from my outfitting days.

For deer, I use RL25 and 185gr VLD Bergers.
For Elk, still use RL25, but have just switched to 212gr ELD-X. I have not had the opportunity to use them yet, but if they perform like the 6.5 143gr version I will be happy.