• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300gr .338 lm only please.

bowstryder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2008
grottoes, va
I am requesting load data for the above mentioned only. I am not shooting anything else in mine at this point. If you would be so kind as to what barrel length and velocity as well as accuracy I would be greatful!
I am very interested in the 27" barrel loads as this is what mine is getting (broughton 5c 9.3 tw)
Btw, I am currently in the sandbox and my rifle is being built while I am gone. I am bored on my down time and basically just need some pick me ups in the long range department. As resident firearm super freak, I have really no one to talk to about ballistics around here, as the 7.62 is "awesome" for most guys here. LOL
Thanks and God Bless.

Re: 300gr .338 lm only please.

thanks guys. I have been using all the searches I could to get the average for what I am hoping to expect. Some are very descrip. some not so much. But it all helps.

From my TRG 42 (27 1/4" barrel):

Lapua brass - once fired
300 SMK
CCI 250
H1000
3.730" COAL

Shot over two chronies in line with each other (velocity listed is the average for 10 shots):

<span style="font-weight: bold">90.5 grains</span> - Chronie 1: <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">2774</span></span> Chronie 2: <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">2711</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">92.0 grains</span> - Chronie 1: <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">2811</span></span> Chronie 2: <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">2753</span></span>

I'm not sure why the large difference between the two chronies when they were basically touching. Seems like one is reading a bit fast, or one is reading a bit slow, or a combo of the two. But, that's ballpark for what you can expect I suppose. Seems like depending on your specific barrel, lot of powder, conditions, etc... 2700-2800 for 300 grainers in the Lapua.

90.5 and 92.0 appeared to be two accuracy nodes from my initial load development, which is why I checked them for velocity. 92.0 is getting towards the top end but still good to go in my rifle. Work up to that on your own, obviously...

07-18-2011008.jpg

07-18-2011009.jpg

It's times like those when I am thinking that popping for the oehler is NOT a bad idea. Thanks for the info.