• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pros and Cons of 33XC vis a vis 338 LM

@Lowlight Thanks for the offer of your range, much appreciated.

@harry_x1 I’m retired as of this month. I no longer have to be around individuals that I have no respect for.

The way you treated people trying to give you help was wrong, and you’re not man enough to admit it. @soflastg was right, you have no honor. I wouldn’t associate with you even if you gave me $3,000 just to show up.
Good. Then dont associate with me. Unwatch this thread along with your gang of ladies. Next time you see my name anywhere, remember Harry is the biggest dick in town, he has no honor, has an attitude and he might just put his d**k up your a*s in public. Never read any of Harry's postings, dont comment on them and if you happen to ever see someone remotely resembling him, keep a safe distance.

Last edited:
3k would barely cover my travel and hotels to spearpoint let alone the time off work.
I am gonna try and make it down to shoot a couple matches next year.

Reactions: harry_x1
3k would barely cover my travel and hotels to spearpoint let alone the time off work.
I am gonna try and make it down to shoot a couple matches next year.
Thank god… there is one in the pack with pants.. it was getting embarrassing. You pick up the match of your choice. Just keep a notice of 3 months. Cannot wait for it. I will send gentle reminders on this thread

PS - just saying it…you can save a lot more than $3k if you stop wasting valuable time trolling others on SM.

• Haha
Reactions: Taylorbok
I agree with lowlight on this one.The 338 Lapua Ackley Improved or any 338 Lapua needs to be throated properly to shoot 300 grain bullets. I have my reamers ground with an additional 0.175 of added freebore. I also have a 338 throater and commonly add 0.190 additional freebore. You don't want the heel/boattail junction anywhere near the neck/shoulder junction.
We only have a few shooters using the 33xc and they have not been able to get the velocities I see advertised and posted here.
Sticky bolts and hammers for anything over 3100 fps.
Our shooters never seem to get past 3060 fps in the 33xc without pressure issues. A properly throated 338 Lapua Ackley Improved will give you that level of performance.
I would also like to irritate any california shooter so we can also shoot for $$$ Cash. And I promise not to touch the buttstock of my gun with my face arms or hands.

Its obviously not enough to pay for a trip to a match 🤣.. next year, my foot… pathetic bunch of pussies.
Holy frick here we go again.
I was expressing the fact that even if I took your money it wouldn't cover the costs associated. Not to mention I make more than most.
I shot KRG and NF Steel challenge this summer already.
There is also other things as responsibilities at work and family, I've got commitments for the rest of the summer,
I might try and do Poke the Bear in VA.

I'll be at Ko2M Canada if you wanna drag ur ass up here and get beat.

• Haha
I was expressing the fact that even if I took your money it wouldn't cover the costs associated. Not to mention I make more than most.
There is also other things as responsibilities at work and family, I've got commitments for the rest of the summer,

well with the US to Canada exchange rate his $2k USD gotta be what like 2 months pay in canada right?

let me catch hold off the match director at poke the bear. Lets make a deposit with him, so that both of us can book our tickets. Now dont go pussilaminous on me again with may/buts… be a fucking man.. take up the challenge.

I agree with lowlight on this one.The 338 Lapua Ackley Improved or any 338 Lapua needs to be throated properly to shoot 300 grain bullets. I have my reamers ground with an additional 0.175 of added freebore. I also have a 338 throater and commonly add 0.190 additional freebore. You don't want the heel/boattail junction anywhere near the neck/shoulder junction.
We only have a few shooters using the 33xc and they have not been able to get the velocities I see advertised and posted here.
Sticky bolts and hammers for anything over 3100 fps.
Our shooters never seem to get past 3060 fps in the 33xc without pressure issues. A properly throated 338 Lapua Ackley Improved will give you that level of performance.
I would also like to irritate any california shooter so we can also shoot for $$$ Cash. And I promise not to touch the buttstock of my gun with my face arms or hands.
Do you have some experience with Lapua ackley improved? If yes, can you share some load data and velocities you have seen with them for 300 grain projectiles in 338. I have zero experience with this catridge but would like to try building one if it makes logical sense.

Last edited:
well with the US to Canada exchange rate his $2k USD gotta be what like 2 months pay in canada right?

LOL the exchange is trash right now but with the import fees and the mark up out gov't puts on alcohol and just the basic lower prices in the US it almost works out even.

@harry_x1 Poke the Bear is still up in the air. I've got an Elk hunt in the works that is probably going to land right around then. I guess you wouldn't know anything about being included with others
Come to Ko2M Canada. I'm 100% doing that one. Follow your own words.

Come on down man, I should be there. And I work with quite a few Canadians, so experienced at keeping you guys out of trouble while in the States.
I'd still manage to have way to much fun. hahah.
If it comes to fruition I will for sure shoot you a note.
As I said me and a few buddies are planning a 4 day hike in Elk hunt that will probably be right at that time based on what we've talked about so far. If it falls through for some reason I'll make it down.

f7e6fb4a-0627-468c-97cc-f4255d55fbe2.gif

Do you have some experience with Lapua ackley improved? If yes, can you share some load data and velocities you have seen with them for 300 grain projectiles in 338. I have zero experience with this catridge but would like to try building one if it makes logical sense.

He’s not even smart enough to use a search function / google. There’s whole a thread here on the Hide about this. Probably looking for someone new to shit on.

Reactions: Taylorbok
LOL the exchange is trash right now but with the import fees and the mark up out gov't puts on alcohol and just the basic lower prices in the US it almost works out even.

@harry_x1 Poke the Bear is still up in the air. I've got an Elk hunt in the works that is probably going to land right around then. I guess you wouldn't know anything about being included with others
Come to Ko2M Canada. I'm 100% doing that one. Follow your own words.
Is that a serious competition or something that canadians just make up to feel like they belong? if yes, then send me a copy of the rules etc etc...assuming they have one.

Is that a serious competition or something that canadians just make up to feel like they belong? if yes, then send me a copy of the rules etc etc...assuming they have one.
It follows standard Ko2M Rules, hosted at Rob Furlong's range just outside of Youngstown AB.
The scoring would be recognized by Ko2M if the match director would ever submit them :rolleyes:

Do you live near Youngstown? I’ve flown over that area many times last couple of years. I bet the winters are a killer.

It follows standard Ko2M Rules, hosted at Rob Furlong's range just outside of Youngstown AB.
The scoring would be recognized by Ko2M if the match director would ever submit them :rolleyes:

what caliber are you going to shoot? Asking as I dont have a heavy gun for Ko2M. If you 338 and under then we are fine.

The standard 338 Lapua Ackley Improved with the standard throat pushes a 300 grain lead core bullet at 2970 fps.
If you order the reamer with a 0.175 longer freebore it pushes them at 3050 fps.
Typical load would be 99.6 grains of H1000 in the off the shelf reamer.
If you get an Improved 338 Lapua and it doesn't say Ackley Improved you will need to buy custom dies.
If it says Ackley Improved RCBS sells or atleast used to sell dies that work.
96 grains and just touching the lands is a great fireform load.
If you don't want to use full loads use 16 grains of red dot 700X or Unique then fill the entire case with cream of wheat. Tap the side of the case with a spoon until the cream of wheat settles to the neck shoulder junction and using a small screwdriver push in some toilet paper or paper towel to keep the cream of wheat from spilling into your chamber.
Pull the trigger and your brass is good to go once you have run a wire inside the neck around the newly formed shoulder. You do this as the cream of wheat can build up on the shoulder once in a while.

Last edited:
Do you live near Youngstown? I’ve flown over that area many times last couple of years. I bet the winters are a killer.
I'm about 3.5 hrs from there so not bad. but yes the winters in this part of the country can be brutal.
what caliber are you going to shoot? Asking as I dont have a heavy gun for Ko2M. If you 338 and under then we are fine.
There is actually a cap up here of 10k joules muzzle energy so that does put a limit on the cartridge. a 33xc can get there if you run the 300gr fast enough.
Last year I shot a 30 cal. For this year I dreamt up a 375 wildcat that will keep me just shy of the 10k j limit. I am just starting to test with it.
If that works out I am going to shoot that. If not I've got a barrel for 338 Edge that I will shoot.
That limit puts me running a 375 ish gr bullet around 2950 so ballistically it doesn't really have any advantage over an XC.

It's like the US. They just don't allow curry. And you have to comb your hair and take that diaper off your head and put it back on your ass.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and Bandit320
It's like the US. They just don't allow curry. And you have to comb your hair and take that diaper off your head and put it back on your ass.
did your mother give you a name .. or she was too ashmed as she did not know who the father was ? 😂

I'm about 3.5 hrs from there so not bad. but yes the winters in this part of the country can be brutal.

There is actually a cap up here of 10k joules muzzle energy so that does put a limit on the cartridge. a 33xc can get there if you run the 300gr fast enough.
Last year I shot a 30 cal. For this year I dreamt up a 375 wildcat that will keep me just shy of the 10k j limit. I am just starting to test with it.
If that works out I am going to shoot that. If not I've got a barrel for 338 Edge that I will shoot.
That limit puts me running a 375 ish gr bullet around 2950 so ballistically it doesn't really have any advantage over an XC.
If you will shoot a 338 edge then the bet will be on… if you shoot a higher caliber then not.. in any case, I will be there for the match.

did your mother give you a name .. or she was too ashmed as she did not know who the father was ?
No, but your mother did. Didn't she tell you I'm your daddy? Now go comb your hair. You are embarrassing your mother and me

No, but your mother did. Didn't she tell you I'm your daddy? Now go comb your hair. You are embarrassing your mother and me
Just a reflection of the poor environment (single mom childhood) most of ur kind have grown up in… not ur fault … just “try” you dont do to your kids (if you have any) what ur mom did to you.

Quick update. I switched over to shooting Solids (CE lazers) using a 7t barrel and only in my third ELR match was able to gain 2nd Spot at spearpoint. Based on personal experience, I can confidently say that 33xc is miles ahead of 338 LM when it comes to competing in light ELR. Sure 338 LM can come very close, but 33xc gives you a significant edge with its velocity and extended TS range.

PS: and to the f**ktards like @Taylorbok @Bandit320 @secondofangle2 @diverdon and their gang....your name could be on the winner list of premier ELR matches as well, provided you spend 10% of the time being a student vs being a troll.
This post could be educational with a little more specific data (powder, velocity, group size) but ends up being more anecdotal due to lack of information.

OK Loudmouth, given you found of betting/guessing...let me challenge you to a bet... why dont you come to any of the upcoming light gun ELR matches. You get to pick the match of your choice. Below are the rules for the bet/challenge:

1) whosoever out of us is placed higher in the match, wins
2) looser pays the winner $2k OR gets a picture clicked with bright red lipstick with mouth wide open and hand it over to the winner as a momento. The picture will be posted back on this thread as well.

up for the challenge or all this talk was just bluster and nothing more?
Now, here you had me interested with the challenge but left me disturbed over requirement #2 (obviously not the money part).... I'm all for the dick measuring and even the name calling is entertaining to a certain degree. But the picture thing just comes off as creepy, you may just want to go to another type of website for that entertainment.

I've seen in other forums and videos that there has been a certain amount of issues with the 33XC in trying to get the accuracy that is much easier to get from the 338 Lapua and Lapua AI. Maybe it just doesn't perform at certain velocities without going to solids.

You have an ignore, always have, you can block people
Yes, I know this. You may or may not know that a block on Twitter or other sites is much more effective than this. It is like the person doesn’t even exist.

everything is a gamble. Here the gamble seems to be that hairy balls is drawing traffic to the site. It makes me want to not come back to the site because I’m sick of having alerts to replies to one of Harry’s posts, even though I have him “ignored” For a week

The standard 338 Lapua Ackley Improved with the standard throat pushes a 300 grain lead core bullet at 2970 fps.
If you order the reamer with a 0.175 longer freebore it pushes them at 3050 fps.
Typical load would be 99.6 grains of H1000 in the off the shelf reamer.
If you get an Improved 338 Lapua and it doesn't say Ackley Improved you will need to buy custom dies.
If it says Ackley Improved RCBS sells or atleast used to sell dies that work.
96 grains and just touching the lands is a great fireform load.
If you don't want to use full loads use 16 grains of red dot 700X or Unique then fill the entire case with cream of wheat. Tap the side of the case with a spoon until the cream of wheat settles to the neck shoulder junction and using a small screwdriver push in some toilet paper or paper towel to keep the cream of wheat from spilling into your chamber.
Pull the trigger and your brass is good to go once you have run a wire inside the neck around the newly formed shoulder. You do this as the cream of wheat can build up on the shoulder once in a while.
When I fire form I use a bar of soap and force the neck into it to form a plug to keep the cream of wheat in.

I prefer to eat my cream of wheat, i always loaded up a 100 rounds and banged steel allowing the barrel to start to speed up before load development...100 Lapua cases annealed will last a barrel. Load up virgin cases and use those loads to foul a clean barrel, set them aside for future use. Easy

I prefer to eat my cream of wheat, i always loaded up a 100 rounds and banged steel allowing the barrel to start to speed up before load development...100 Lapua cases annealed will last a barrel. Load up virgin cases and use those loads to foul a clean barrel
Yes 96.7 grains of H1000 while fireforming virgin brass is deadly accurate.
Some like options others don't either way it all works

Reactions: BCX
All i know about the 338 vs 33xc having owned both.. it was a really hard on the gun/brass getting a 338lap to 2800-2900 with 300 gr bergers... and my 33xc on a lite load shoots 3200-3300 with 300 gr projos
Thats impressive....Which Berger bullets and which powder and how many grains are you running 3300 FPS

Reactions: babyguppy