• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300wm Extreme Long Range REAMER

menegazzo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2011
Hi all!

Im planning ordering a 300wm Reamer for a Custom single shot rifle... NO MAGAZINE LIMITATIONS...

The idea is to shoot 208 AMAX, 230gr Berger Hybrids, 210, 220, etc. (208 AMAX and 230 hybrids) and get the most capacity for RL25
I Know that the bearing surface of each bullet is diferent as well as de tangent, secant or hybrid ogive...

But... a .230"fb its going to keep the boat tail/bearing surface juntion out of the neck/shoulder junction? beacouse i plan to order a .335 neck or .337 maybe, and i want to stay out of the doughnaaaaatttt area...

Any experiences?

Thanks!

300 Weatherby would make more sense in your quest - more capacity, longer neck, and basically married to RL25.

I Live in Argentina :( 300wm its the best choice...

1 Pound of RL25 u$s100
1 box of 100 Hornady (bullets) AMAX 168gr u$s85 to 95
1 box of 20 Rounds of 300wby mag in Hornady 180gr SST: u$s85
Rem 700 Police 308 (standart) u$s1850
Glock 17 Gen4 u$s1200

Should i keep hurting your eyes...? LOL

Thanks!

300 Weatherby would make more sense in your quest - more capacity, longer neck, and basically married to RL25.

Hhhhmmmmm.... maybe i can finde a good price of Factory Hornady 300wby ammo for making brass... how good is it?

If im moving to the 300wby i will probable chamber in 300 Ackley Improved with these case, any Redding competition dies? body dies? or will need to order an aditional reamer for the body die, and chamber reamer for the sleeves of the Redding Comp dies...

The 300wm Redding Competition dies are the same die body size to the 300wby? maybe i can do some sleeves...

Hhhmmmmmm...i abandoned this proyect in the past due to the amount of brass of 300wm that i habe... but i can get Hornady for 3.5 buck each (its not a bad price here in Argentina LOL

But... what about the dies...?

Thanks!

I had Neil Jones make Custom reloading dies for my 300 Ackley!!
It'd be easier to stick with the 300Wby you wont tell any difference in performance

+1 That's what I run. 208 a-Max, over a boat load of Retumbo, and OAL of 3.710, and fits inside the factory Accumark magazine!

Id think one of the full-length H&H cases would be better as well. IIRC Norma makes/sells .300 H&H brass that you can ackley improve or form into Weatherby, etc. Dont rule out the .300 RUM, .300 Norma Mag, or .300 Dakota Mag either depending on whats the easiest to get brass for in your country. Pretty much all of these should give you 3100fps with 215gr Bergers and if I had to guess, in that size case honestly I think the 215gr Bergers will probably beat the rest depending on what velocity you could get with 230gr Bergers they may beat the 215s.

I can get 300wby brass only, im not seeing any brass on Brunoshooters, Cabelas, or any other place...
I only can get RL-25.
I called Redding today asking about the competition 3 die set in 300 AI, but the tech guy/engineer its in Vegas at the shotshow! LOL! But they told me that they can make those dies...
Hoy can i find the guys that make your custom 300 AI Dies? how good are they? with sleeve?

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

Thanks MoBoost! He has also 300AI (wby) dies?

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk