• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300WSM with Superformance

CarbonOne

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
Utah
Got a 300wsm that I'd like to develop some hunting loads for. I've also got a box of 165gr accubonds and a pound of the new hornady/Hodgon superformance powder.

Looking for advice and experience with this powder and caliber. On paper it looks like this is going to be the go to powder for the midweight bullets in the 300wsm.

I've had decent luck with RL22 and the 180 accubonds, but want to tone it down a bit.

According to the data from Hodgon I should be able to push the 165gr accubonds around 3200fps +. That's pretty impressive!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Re: 300WSM with Superformance

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CarbonOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> new hornady/Hodgon superformance powder.

</div></div>

haven't seen this yet... interesting. Prolly pretty peppy powder ( say that fast 5 times), gonna need to research this stuff