• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing .308 Lower question?

wkahler

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2006
Englewood, Ohio
I am not familiar with the AR-10 lowers and have a buddy that wants me to put one together for him. i have build standard AR lower but not a 308, so is the LPK standard between the two? Buffer spring, and etc all the same just either a 6 pos or a A2 stock correct? Thanks for the help in advance and sorry for the "green" question!!

Re: .308 Lower question?

There are alot of common parts but a few are only used on a 308 reciever. There's also some difference between the 308's receivers from one company to the next like DPMS and Armalite. The DPMS types seem to have the most parts available and DPMS puts together a 308 parts kit. The odd parts are the two take down pins (longer if a 308) and a screw for the bolt stop insted of a roll pin. The buffers and springs are heavier for the 308 also and the buffers are a bit shorter because the BCG is longer. The rear take down pin detent is installed from the botton and held by the pistol grip not by the butt stock. Other wise it's just a big AR. Donald

Re: .308 Lower question?

I like the look of those, i have my eye on one other on her also!
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure if you saw this but it's a good deal if interested.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1220533#Post1220533 </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up on the few parts difference's! I will have to try and find me a Armalite set up because that is what he is going with for his upper, any hints to locating a LPK for that out there?