• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 muzzle break

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    So, I'm looking at getting a APA FB brake for a 308 win, but I'm a little worried about the recoil. Before my man card is revoked, I have had surgery on my shoulder (4 times) to repiar a torn labrum, all done when I used to box. I was looking at getting a howa barrled action, and an Oryx chassis. With scope it would be around 12.5 pounds. Everything I have shot in the past decade has been a semi. Only bolt ive shot was a tikka ultralight in .243. I know many factors go into recoil, such as load, ergonomics of rifle, weight, etc. But what would be comparable to, say a 12 pound rifle with a good brake? Thanks.

That braked .308 to .243 comparison seems about right to me...owning both.

A good, soft recoil pad is also going to be your friend here.

FWIW, I think an APA FB might be a little overkill, unless you just like the looks and heft. I had a LB on a .260 at one point and it was very comparable to my Ruger #1 in .22-250.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
    Area419 Sidewinder, big brake... Big reduction in felt recoil.
    Make sure you put a rubber limbsaver, soft recoil butt pad on the stock also then.

I had two shoulder reconstructions after a motorbike crash, this was a problem for me also for a while.

iu

Shoot me a PM I'll send you a Tac Ops MB freeeeee of charge but you'll need a Smith to time it for you...

You should feel zero recoil and if you do you might be turning into a Mangina then we will have to have a serious talk LOL

Mike R.

Shoot me a PM I'll send you a Tac Ops MB freeeeee of charge but you'll need a Smith to time it for you...

You should feel zero recoil and if you do you might be turning into a Mangina then we will have to have a serious talk LOL

Mike R.
    will do Mike, thanks!

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
    My thoughts on Braking a .308 Win. . Not necessary , they don't kick !

Just left Fed Ex 3 day express saver...
    Enjoy... BTW, when I come to NY to see some family next month you owe me a Beer, I drink MGD's I'm a cheap date ;)

Mike R.

• Haha
    Reactions: Dildobaggins