• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 30BA vs 30BAS

ridenrunwv

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Charleston, WV
I'm torn between the 30BA and 30BAS suppressors and would appreciate some input from people more experienced with shooting suppressed than myself. If anyone owns both and could post a size comparison picture I would appreciate that also. 2-3 dB is what Thunder Beast claims you give up going with the short model but I feel like the size advantage while on a compact AR platform would be far more noticeable than the little bit of extra noise. Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks for link. Seems to be a pretty noticeable size difference. I wish I could have the opportunity to hear both in person. Wonder if on a 300 Win Mag the difference is more than 2-3 dB between the two also.

Thanks for posting the link on my thread about the 30BA vs 30BAS. I am really curious about something else... What is the status on the 30HD suppressor you were working on? I'm wanting to confirm it is a BA can especially because I was looking at 30P-1 but read somewhere you posted that the HD will definitely be a BA can and if I find myself heating up the 30BA or 30BAS too bad I would like to be able to purchase a 30HD and easily go back and forth between the two depending on what I'm doing.

Hi,

We weren't 100% happy with it and we're not going to release something until we are.

thanks
Zak

I am relieved to hear that there is a company that puts enough pride in their product to conduct business that way. That's why I have made up my mind to go with Thunder Beast products. I just have to decide what to purchase first now.