• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 EnABELR reloading data

Bradb_33541

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
USA
In the future I am looking to build a fast 338 rather than a 375 due to the improved external ballistics and the development of the Bartlien barrel material that helps extend barrel life. I want to run a 300 grain Lazer at ~3200 FPS and the 275 grain Lazer or the Superbulldozer 2 at around ~3300 FPS. With a long barrel (34-36”) I expect to achieve this with a cheytac variety case such as a standard necked down 338-375 cheytac or the improved snipetac, utilizing this longer barrel I have thought about using a 33xc with a cheytac sized action and lapua boltface in order to midigate the pressure barrier some folks are hitting; however I am unsure If this is will achieve the velocity desired without stressing the brass. My reasoning for looking at a smaller case is to try to maintain some sort if efficiency rather than using 145 grains or more powder for an extra 75 fps. This leads me to the 338 enabelr, it was marketed to have 3200 fps with a 300 grain bullet out of a 30” barrel this sounds about like the case capacity I would want to work with (130 grains usable). However I ask of you all of some tangible data rather than from the marketing team. What sort of velocity are the users actually getting? How is the cartridge treating you, or is there a better option?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve been searching for the same answers on a hot 338. So definitely following this thread.

Ps, I think the 338 enablr seems to be the hottest I can find on the hide

I’ve been searching for the same answers on a hot 338. So definitely following this thread.

Ps, I think the 338 enablr seems to be the hottest I can find on the hide
It looks to be a good balance of barrel life (compared to a snipetac) and speed. Im certainly interested, I know people use it with success at some competitions. It just had a rough start with brass/reamer compatibility issues.

I have just started loading for 338 Enabler
3200fps 300 Berger is what Im seeing on Labradar

Someone I shoot with a couple of times a year has one.
I don't remeber the exact veloicty but I believe he mentioned 130gr of H1000 over a 300gr Berger.